How to dispose of a Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
A family member, a West Point graduate, spoke recently about how to properly dispose of an American flag. It’s a matter which he takes very seriously.

The Bible is far more important to me than an American flag (or the flag of any other country), yet I’ve heard very little said about how to properly dispose of a Bible. It’s a matter which I think should be taken seriously.

Have you ever disposed of a Bible? If so, how did you go about it? Was their any kind of special service or observance involved?

If not, have you given the matter any thought and planned in advance what you will do if / when that day comes?

“The Bible is the most sacred book in Christianity. Because of its holy status, many observant Christians (and even non-believers) are hesitant to dispose of it in the same way that they might dispose of everyday waste. Generally, Christian churches have little in the way of actual rules when it comes to disposing of a Bible - the most major concerns are that the book is treated with respect and, if possible, used to serve God’s greater good. …”

This article discusses a variety of options for disposing of a Bible. I found it interesting, informative and helpful. Perhaps others might too.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm, never thought of such a thing. Why would any Christian want to dispose of a bible? Unless it is in a condition where it cannot be read, like in a fire, or a flood. I heard that the CC who have to dispose of their statutes is to wrap them in cloth and bury them...not sure if that is correct or not but, one of my brothers is married to a Catholic.