How To Find Peace?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

arunangelo

Aug 22, 2009
Omaha
surrendersacrifice.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are made in the image of God (Genesis 1:27) and have his spirit imprinted on our heart (Ezekiel 36:27). Therefore, we will find peace only when our spirit resonates in unison with His spirit and we live a life that is attuned to His life (which is a life of selflessness and sacrifice). When we do not live His life or are not in unison with Him, we are like fish out of water; because, then, we are not what we are created to be. This suffocates our spirit and deprives us of peace. To live a life attuned to His life we must have faith in Him. If we have faith in Him we will obey His commandments. He commands us to forgive without any limit (Matthew 18:22) and love one another as He has loved us (John 13:34). He loved us by forgiving us and compensating for the offenses we committed against Him. He compensated for our offenses by sacrificing Hs life. It is difficult for us to forgive like God does; but if we have faith in Him, we will obey Him.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are made in the image of God (Genesis 1:27) and have his spirit imprinted on our heart (Ezekiel 36:27). Therefore, we will find peace only when our spirit resonates in unison with His spirit and we live a life that is attuned to His life (which is a life of selflessness and sacrifice). When we do not live His life or are not in unison with Him, we are like fish out of water; because, then, we are not what we are created to be. This suffocates our spirit and deprives us of peace. To live a life attuned to His life we must have faith in Him. If we have faith in Him we will obey His commandments. He commands us to forgive without any limit (Matthew 18:22) and love one another as He has loved us (John 13:34). He loved us by forgiving us and compensating for the offenses we committed against Him. He compensated for our offenses by sacrificing Hs life. It is difficult for us to forgive like God does; but if we have faith in Him, we will obey Him.

Peace is something that is very dear to my heart, both internally and externally. God keeps in continuous peace all who trust in him, whose thoughts are unshakably fixed on him. God is our rock, his words and promises are sure. Jesus said that in this world we will have tribulation but to take courage in knowing that he has overcome the world for us; that in him we may have peace. There is peace for everyone who does what is good because God shows no partiality. To set the mind on the flesh is death but to set the mind on the spirit means life and peace. The kingdom of God doesn't mean eating and drinking but righteousness, peace and joy with holy spirit. Because we have been declared righteous by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. The God of hope will fill us with all joy and peace as we trust in him, so that we may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit.

Endzone

May 7, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Peace in any circumstances. Are you here yet? I heard a preacher preach from this passage last night at a church here in Ft. Worth. You have to really be able to trust The Lord to be able to say this.

BTW, I'm doing so much better this morning. I just want to soak in His love some. God bless.

Habakkuk 3:17-19

[sup]17[/sup]Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:

[sup]18[/sup]Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. [sup]19[/sup]The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.