How To Rightly Divide the Word of Truth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 1: 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.....

26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. 25 Brethren, pray for us.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. 24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @Christ4Me,

Will you please explain to me what these verses reveal about the subject of the thread?

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: marks and Nancy

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Christ4Me,

Will you please explain to me what these verses reveal about the subject of the thread?

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Thank you for your reply & request for more clarification.

How to rightly divide the truth;

#1. Ask Jesus for wisdom James 1:5-8

#2. Know the Holy Spirit in us will guide us in all truth as there can be no lie of the truth; 1 John 2:20-21 & 1 John 2:26-28

#3. We are to prove everything with the help of Jesus Christ & even pray for those in the ministry & those astray; 1 Thessalonians 5:21-25

#4. We can go before that throne of grace at any time for help from Jesus Christ, be it a personal struggle or stuck in ministry Hebrews 4:12-16

#5. We are to use scripture with Him for proving all things 2 Timothy 3:12-17

#6. We are to be patient with those who oppose themselves in the hopes that God may recover some from the snare of the devil 2 Timothy 2:24-26

#7. We are to show Christ's love for one another and not resort to arguing and backbiting and name calling. Galatians 5:14-16

That is how one rightly divide the word of truth by His grace & by His help.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you for your reply & request for more clarification.

How to rightly divide the truth;

#1. Ask Jesus for wisdom James 1:5-8

#2. Know the Holy Spirit in us will guide us in all truth as there can be no lie of the truth; 1 John 2:20-21 & 1 John 2:26-28

#3. We are to prove everything with the help of Jesus Christ & even pray for those in the ministry & those astray; 1 Thessalonians 5:21-25

#4. We can go before that throne of grace at any time for help from Jesus Christ, be it a personal struggle or stuck in ministry Hebrews 4:12-16

#5. We are to use scripture with Him for proving all things 2 Timothy 3:12-17

#6. We are to be patient with those who oppose themselves in the hopes that God may recover some from the snare of the devil 2 Timothy 2:24-26

#7. We are to show Christ's love for one another and not resort to arguing and backbiting and name calling. Galatians 5:14-16

That is how one rightly divide the word of truth by His grace & by His help.
I notice your reply is all about 'us'. Could the problem of not 'rightly dividing' lie right there?

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I notice your reply is all about 'us'. Could the problem of not 'rightly dividing' lie right there?

I am not sure how you can apply the OP to mean that when each believer, including myself, are to go to the Lord Jesus Christ & trust Him to help us prove all things by His words through the Holy Spirit in us.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am not sure how you can apply the OP to mean that when each believer, including myself, are to go to the Lord Jesus Christ & trust Him to help us prove all things by His words through the Holy Spirit in us.
'rightly dividing' has got more to do with its object than the focus on what we do.
When this is not understood all that is left is the focus on 'us'......a prison the whole world is captive in and to

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'rightly dividing' has got more to do with its object than the focus on what we do.
When this is not understood all that is left is the focus on 'us'......a prison the whole world is captive in and to

Rightly dividing has to do with properly applying scripture and discerning with His help, false teachings when scripture is taken out of context and running against the truths in other scripture.

Say for example John 16:13 in all Bibles, testify that the Holy Spirit does not speak from Himself, He can only speak what He hears.

That means He cannot use God's gift of tongues for speaking unto the people by turning it around for His own purpose that believers believe tongues for private use is for, as one of those private uses is for the Spirit to utter His own prayers out loud.

Romans 8:26-27 in most modern bibles do not line up with the truth in John 16:13 that all Bibles share in, because they imply the Holy Spirit does make intercessions directly Himself with sounds being uttered like "with groanings too deep for words" as the ESV has it, thus sounds being uttered. Yet John 16:13 in the ESV testify that the Holy Spirit cannot speak for Himself even in that way either. If He will not speak on His own authrty, then He will not pray on His own authority.

In verse 27, the ESV is committing a grammatical error by switching out the "he" at the beginning of verse 27 at the end with "the Spirit". How can the he that is separate from us in searching our hearts ( Hebrews 4:12-16 ) and separate from the Spirit to know the mind of, be the Spirit at the conclusion of that verse?

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. KJV

That means the Holy Spirit cannot even utter His own groanings thus aligning with John 16:13.

27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. KJV

So Who searches our hearts? Hebrews 4:12-16 testify that is Jesus Christ at that throne of grace. It is Jesus that also know the mind of the Spirit so that is why the Holy Spirit does not need to say anything at all nor utter His intercessions for us out loud because Jesus knows the mind of the Spirit to give His silent intercessions to the Father because that is the son's job to do as our only Mediator between God and men 1 Timothy 2:5

Indeed, when the Father agrees with any of those intercessions, be it ours when we pray, or the holy Spirit when He makes silent intercessions for us, or the Son's as He always makes intercessions for us Hebrew 7:25, ONLY the Son answers the prayers so that the Father may be glorified in the Son for answers to prayers in John 14:13-14. Everything the Spirit does in ministry; He gives all the credit & glory to the Son

John 16: 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you. KJV

When you consider why the lost books are not in the accepted Bible because they have scripture running against the scripture in the accepted Bible, then one may see the need to discern with Jesus Christ the truth in His words the lies to expose false teachings, especially when scripture runs against the truth in other scripture in that modern Bible.

I have found myself relying on the KJV thanks to Jesus Christ, but that is something only Jesus can show to other believers that seek the truth.

I can only advise that when one gets stuck using their modern bible to correct a false teaching, check with the KJV, and see how He can help there.