Humble as a dead man….

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 5:16 (NASB20)
But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
‘You will not carry out’, it does not say, ‘you will not have’, but you will not carry out’…. For as long as one is in the body one will have desires that are not of righteousness…. How to combat these desires is the issue of life before the believing soul… For God Himself wrote; ‘you will not’, meaning that He has made a way for all believers to walk where they will not carry out the desires of unrighteousness….. This question goes to the heart of the believer’s life, for if one knows how to overcome, combat, get the victory over that which is sure to come in the tomorrows, one would be made most secure in one’s walk before God…

Identifying oneself with Christ by faith in both His death and resurrection is the way put forth by God Himself, if one would, one must walk in the way which God has put forth… ‘Walk by the Spirit’ are the words He uses to put forth the truth of the way to not carry out the desires of the flesh… Here is the heart of the issue, what does ‘walk by the Spirit’ mean…? The answer must be that which causes one to ‘not carry out the desires of the flesh’, all other answers, regardless of how spiritual or Christian or doctrinally correct they might sound, if they do not produce the desired effect they are not that which is meant by the words ‘walk by the Spirit’…

For God is true, scriptures are true, it is man’s seeing into the mystery of ‘walk by the Spirit’ that is the issue before the heart of every believer, for it is finding this answer that establishes one in Christ….

May we all be blessed in the finding of that which establishes, for the answer is for all that would be willing to be as humble as a dead man…..

A fellow follower, Not me