Humidity and a wash basin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was your sink draining slowly over the past year . When you cleaned it out you might have broken up a partial blockage around
the seals that keep the drain in . If the seals get clogged up it can cause the water in the sink to drain slower
and thus the seal around the drain lets in water and it drips below .

Okay brother! Sure could use your knowledge around here! Glory to God as our brother John would say ;)

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fluff, can you inbox me? (Sorry to the Admins if you are not supposed to do this. I don't know what else to do)

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks all! I just got back and found something that would work. I'll order a much better one but this will do until it comes. It is a very nice one, so no worries.

When I came back with fresh nose, it actually smelled clean and no humidity problems. Thank God!

I actually feel incredibly blessed already.

Timothy 6:6-12

But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.

@Cassandra Yes I can!

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thanks all! I just got back and found something that would work. I'll order a much better one but this will do until it comes. It is a very nice one, so no worries.

When I came back with fresh nose, it actually smelled clean and no humidity problems. Thank God!

I actually feel incredibly blessed already.

But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.

@Cassandra Yes I can!
@FluffyYellowDuck Great verse there! :)

There was a book, re-issued by Banner of Truth Trust some years ago, called The Rear Jewel of Christian Contentment, by Jeremiah Burroughs...

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw this basin thing is way easier and i should have done this for my entire life.

I guess God has a good way of leading us towards practical wisdom, when we ask for it.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Here is the passage that Fluffy referenced: -

1 Timothy 6:3-16: - Error and Greed

3 If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness, 4 he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions, 5 useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself.

6 Now godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content. 9 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

The Good Confession

11 But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness. 12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. 13 I urge you in the sight of God who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate, 14 that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing, 15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.​
NKJV

It is a passage of scripture that should be read over and over again.

Great verse Fluffy.

Shalom

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the passage that Fluffy referenced: -

1 Timothy 6:3-16: - Error and Greed

3 If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness, 4 he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions, 5 useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself.

6 Now godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content. 9 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

The Good Confession

11 But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness. 12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. 13 I urge you in the sight of God who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate, 14 that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing, 15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.​
NKJV

It is a passage of scripture that should be read over and over again.

Great verse Fluffy.

Shalom
Very awesome read. Thanks for posting the whole section @Jay Ross , I think I will meditate on it more myself.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Update: this prayer has been answered- thank you everyone!

I'm having problems with humidity issues and it has been driving me up the wall.

I know it is unhealthy and I don't feel comfortable with my kids breathing that air, or ending up with a bad black mold problem, so I need to get a couple of things fixed and a dehumidifier.

(I have asthma and it isn't helping.)

Please pray that I'm able to find a wash basin.

I am hoping getting a wash basin will help. I only have one small sink and the faucet dripping onto dishes and filling bowls up is making it worse. My hands are full and the dishes keep coming back. It also makes it hard to keep things clean.

It is just the smallest step I can afford to take today.

Thank you
Usually in winter time humidity is lower than in summer

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What type environment do you live in Fluffy?
Think of it like a really tiny studio... Almost.

Lol it rains here a lot and it shouldn't have been as humid, but between the faucets leaking non-stop and washing clothes in a portable washer, it was getting pretty humid.

But now it is pretty comfortable! Thank God