Humidity and a wash basin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Update: this prayer has been answered- thank you everyone!

I'm having problems with humidity issues and it has been driving me up the wall.

I know it is unhealthy and I don't feel comfortable with my kids breathing that air, or ending up with a bad black mold problem, so I need to get a couple of things fixed and a dehumidifier.

(I have asthma and it isn't helping.)

Please pray that I'm able to find a wash basin.

I am hoping getting a wash basin will help. I only have one small sink and the faucet dripping onto dishes and filling bowls up is making it worse. My hands are full and the dishes keep coming back. It also makes it hard to keep things clean.

It is just the smallest step I can afford to take today.

Thank you

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm having problems with humidity issues and it has been driving me up the wall.

I know it is unhealthy and I don't feel comfortable with my kids breathing that air, or ending up with a bad black mold problem, so I need to get a couple of things fixed and a dehumidifier.

I am hoping getting a wash basin will help. I only have one small sink and the faucet dripping onto dishes and filling bowls up is making it worse. My hands are full and the dishes keep coming back. It also makes it hard to keep things clean.

Thank you

I pray you find whatever you need to help with the humidity issues you are having, Fluff.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Thank you
Do you mean a washing up bowl. upload_2021-11-21_19-31-26.jpeg

Reactions: DuckieLady

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think prayer is working, @Mayflower ! I just cleaned out the sink and the faucet miraculously stopped dripping. It has been doing that for a year!

I have absolutely no explanation. I didn't do anything to it. I'm completely stunned and keep staring at it.

Praise God!
Was your sink draining slowly over the past year . When you cleaned it out you might have broken up a partial blockage around
the seals that keep the drain in . If the seals get clogged up it can cause the water in the sink to drain slower
and thus the seal around the drain lets in water and it drips below .

Reactions: Nancy

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think prayer is working, @Mayflower ! I just cleaned out the sink and the faucet miraculously stopped dripping. It has been doing that for a year!

I have absolutely no explanation. I didn't do anything to it. I'm completely stunned and keep staring at it.

Praise God!

Well praise God. :)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! One of those. I have never used one, so I will need to learn to figure it out on YouTube. It would be bigger than the sink, so I guess the sink will be for rinsing.
If you hold water in the sink , DOES IT DRIP below . It so you had a seal in the drain that is damaged
and it lets water drain behind it and it causes a drip . I know this by personal experience .
In the meantime i have a reminder for you dear sister . A question . What time is it ........
and now for the reminder , OH ITS TIME TO PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD .
OH yes , i truly believe there is no such thing as overpraising the glorious LORD .
So you just leap up sister with both hands in the air and let a praise out unto our GLORIOUS LORD .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes! One of those. I have never used one, so I will need to learn to figure it out on YouTube. It would be bigger than the sink, so I guess the sink will be for rinsing.
The one in the picture is like mine and it definitely fits my small sink. Or if not you can place in on the draining board or a small side table or something. It seems such a small thing to need and I would get you one if I could. I hope you get sorted @FluffyYellowDuck

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well praise God. :)
With both hands in the air and a mighty leap of the legs , let all praise the glorious LORD .
The LORD is worthy of all praise and thanksgiving . YES HE IS .
Try and imagine JOB for a second . compare our problems to his problems .
That man not only had just lost his entire wealth , he had just lost his children .
YET the man simply would not curse or blame GOD . HE said THE GOOD LORD GIVETH and the GOOD LORD TAKETH AWAY
BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD .
Yeah . Think of the great hope we now have . All the prophets and many kings and peoples
had waited for the COMING of the promised messiah . AND us lambs are now UNDER that COVENANT .
THAT ALONE outta be all reason to leap up and praise the LORD to the last and final breath .

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you hold water in the sink , DOES IT DRIP below . It so you had a seal in the drain that is damaged
and it lets water drain behind it and it causes a drip . I know this by personal experience .
In the meantime i have a reminder for you dear sister . A question . What time is it ........
and now for the reminder , OH ITS TIME TO PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD .
OH yes , i truly believe there is no such thing as overpraising the glorious LORD .
So you just leap up sister with both hands in the air and let a praise out unto our GLORIOUS LORD .
It used to, but it stopped. Seems God fixed it, so it's okay now. I still can't explain it.

Now, I am praying he will stop the bathtub from leaking too. Lol

nevermind as I was writing this something told me to go look at it and it isn't dripping either.

Praise God all over the place!

The one in the picture is like mine and it definitely fits my small sink. Or if not you can place in on the draining board or a small side table or something. It seems such a small thing to need and I would get you one if I could. I hope you get sorted @FluffyYellowDuck

Thank you @Pearl! I will keep my eye out for a similar one. I am sure I'll be able to find one somewhere.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It used to, but it stopped. Seems God fixed it, so it's okay now. I still can't explain it.

Now, I am praying he will stop the bathtub from leaking too. Lol

nevermind as I was writing this something told me to go look at it and it isn't dripping either.

Praise God all over the place!

Thank you @Pearl! I will keep my eye out for a similar one. I am sure I'll be able to find one somewhere.
It is by Addis. They, or similar ones, are available everywhere over here. What would you normally use?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is by Addis. They, or similar ones, are available everywhere over here. What would you normally use?
Well even though the sink works, I am still getting a basin to help with the washing up. It will keep things cleaner.

I have always just used the sink. And it is small.... Sort of like this one (best picture I could find)

So it is not very efficient for dishes
chrome-delta-centerset-bathroom-faucets-521-eco-dst-a-40_600.jpg

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well even though the sink works, I am still getting a basin to help with the washing up. It will keep things cleaner.

I have always just used the sink. And it is small.... Sort of like this one (best picture I could find)

So it is not very efficient for dishes
chrome-delta-centerset-bathroom-faucets-521-eco-dst-a-40_600.jpg
Ah, so is it like a bathroom sink.basin?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you
Also joining in prayer here and giving thanks for what God has already done!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Fluffy,

Please remember that the weather we experience only makes whatever we are doing more interesting. Satan likes to cause us to complain about the weather because in doing so he is getting us to complain about God and His weather that we experience. Satan is being sneaky in that he uses the weather to encourage us to turn away from God.

We are better off when we thank God that the weather we experience is making whatever we are doing more interesting, particularly when we see God's hand in it. Remember God's interaction with Solomon in 2 Chron. 7:12-14. Today we the people who acknowledge God, are God's temple and if we repent then He will heal us, spiritually and physically so that we are able to worship Him with all of our heart in everything that we do.

My sense is that you have experience this when you are focused on God and your relationship with Him.

Shalom

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you
Prayers said for your needs Fluffy. It's so comforting to rest in our lack, KNOWING that He is our ultimate provider and, He does NOT leave His children wanting.
xo