Hurricane Ida

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huricane Irma, Catagory 5.
Astor, Florida, direct hit.
I lived in a mobile home next to the St, John's river.
My heart and my prayers for all those in the path of Ida.
By God's grace I escaped between Irma and Maria, with a car filled with 10 cats, 1 dog, and my mother-in-law.
For a three day journey to my present location.
I sat the night through during the storm, listening to branches hit against the house. A tree fell on the bedroom roof causing a leak, that turned into a flood. Watched as the transformer burst into flames next to the trees in the forest.
We had a cement addition with a small bathroom. I gathered the animals, food, blankets, flashlight.. whatever I might need and got us all in the bathroom as best I could. No windows.
Then a phone call. Emergency warning.. River is rising, get to high ground.
Only high ground was the mobile itself, so up everything went from the lower room to the upper room.
When it was daylight. Everywhere was flooded. I couldn't walk up the driveway, the water to was above my knees.
I'm not fond of aligators, so I stayed inside.
I was without water and electric, until the warning, Maria was heading our way.
My mother-in law who also lived in a mobile home 30 miles away, did not want to go through another storm.
She asked me to take her north.
Interesting journey indeed.

Stay safe.
Trust God.
Prayers sent and sending..
God Bless You
Hugs

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brothers and sisters, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for your prayers.
Apparently it veered a little east but increased in intensity to a Cat4 so far. Still watching:Ottawa, Ontario Weather Forecast and Conditions - The Weather Channel | Weather.com

The bizarre thing is that this hurricane is on the anniversary of Katrina 16 years ago to the day.

I don't really know what to say, but will keep everyone in my prayers that God delivers them from the destructive power of this hurricane.

jessiblue

Aug 21, 2021
a Heavenly place
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huricane Irma, Catagory 5.
Astor, Florida, direct hit.
I lived in a mobile home next to the St, John's river.
My heart and my prayers for all those in the path of Ida.
By God's grace I escaped between Irma and Maria, with a car filled with 10 cats, 1 dog, and my mother-in-law.
For a three day journey to my present location.
I sat the night through during the storm, listening to branches hit against the house. A tree fell on the bedroom roof causing a leak, that turned into a flood. Watched as the transformer burst into flames next to the trees in the forest.
We had a cement addition with a small bathroom. I gathered the animals, food, blankets, flashlight.. whatever I might need and got us all in the bathroom as best I could. No windows.
Then a phone call. Emergency warning.. River is rising, get to high ground.
Only high ground was the mobile itself, so up everything went from the lower room to the upper room.
When it was daylight. Everywhere was flooded. I couldn't walk up the driveway, the water to was above my knees.
I'm not fond of aligators, so I stayed inside.
I was without water and electric, until the warning, Maria was heading our way.
My mother-in law who also lived in a mobile home 30 miles away, did not want to go through another storm.
She asked me to take her north.
Interesting journey indeed.

Stay safe.
Trust God.
Prayers sent and sending..
God Bless You
Hugs
Ziggy, just “Wow!” That was an amazing story! I remember those hurricanes. May the good Lord above be with His people in the days ahead until He returns to take us all to a heavenly place. I can’t wait! Father in Heaven, strengthen us to do Your will one day at a time. Amen, for we pray in Jesus’ most precious name.

jessiblue

Aug 21, 2021
a Heavenly place
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently it veered a little east but increased in intensity to a Cat4 so far. Still watching:Ottawa, Ontario Weather Forecast and Conditions - The Weather Channel | Weather.com

The bizarre thing is that this hurricane is on the anniversary of Katrina 16 years ago to the day.

I don't really know what to say, but will keep everyone in my prayers that God delivers them from the destructive power of this hurricane.
Thank you, Devin. Yes, it has moved to the east a little bit. It most certainly is sombering that this monster hurricane is on the anniversary of Katrina. We live in the northeast part of Louisiana. Lord, we pray to You, our very present help in trouble. Thank You, Father.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ziggy, just “Wow!” That was an amazing story! I remember those hurricanes. May the good Lord above be with His people in the days ahead until He returns to take us all to a heavenly place. I can’t wait! Father in Heaven, strengthen us to do Your will one day at a time. Amen, for we pray in Jesus’ most precious name.
Same here @Ziggy, I can't imagine going thru that.

I also escaped some tragedy with the earthquakes here in Seattle and down in California some time ago. I moved to California to just miss the big earthquake in Seattle and then moved back. I really hate earthquakes and had been in one for one of Seattle's quakes and was outside the day mount saint Helen's erupted. My childhood friend was near to the mountain and endured the black ash with masks everyone was wearing. We really don't get much weather and only have to watch out for quakes and such.

Good to see you're still online @jessiblue.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, Devin. Yes, it has moved to the east a little bit. It most certainly is sombering that this monster hurricane is on the anniversary of Katrina. We live in the northeast part of Louisiana. Lord, we pray to You, our very present help in trouble. Thank You, Father.

Hi @jessiblue, if one thing God has taught me is that he is in charge. I've been delivered from certain death on numerous occasions. You're in good hands with God being in charge. He delivers his Saints. Have faith, faith can move mountains. I pray that God will wrap his arms around you and your friends and family and deliver you all from this storm.

WillTell

Aug 22, 2021
Deep South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please pray for Louisiana. This storm is approaching and predicted to be a monster. Father, in Jesus’ name, please help us and have mercy on us. Only You can still the wind. Thank You, Lord.

Master, the tempest is raging now, but we trust in You! And soon we will be singing,…

Master, the terror is over.
The elements sweetly rest.
Earth’s sun in the calm lake is mirrored,
And heaven’s within my breast.
Linger, O blessed Redeemer!
Leave me alone no more,
And with joy I shall make the blest harbor
And rest on the blissful shore.

The winds and the waves shall obey thy will:
Peace, be still.
Whether the wrath of the storm-tossed sea
Or demons or men or whatever it be,
No waters can swallow the ship where lies
The Master of ocean and earth and skies.
They all shall sweetly obey thy will:
Peace, be still; peace, be still.
They all shall sweetly obey thy will:
Peace, peace, be still.