I’ve committed the unpardonable sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
View attachment 31828
I hope this message is true. This website is good. Check it out. I get nothing but condemnation and anxiety doubts when reading the Bible. I honestly would trade anything to have a clean conscience if I really think about it. My will to seek God is getting less and less everyday.
You are feeling condemnation when you read his word. That's totally normal. The law condemns. It is called the ministration of death or ministry of condemnation. It is convicting you of your sins and telling you how sinful you are and how evil you are and undeserving of God's mercy.

But that must lead you to faith in Christ. It is teaching you that you are hopeless and you have to run to Jesus only. He is your only hope. Ask him to save you. You don't need to offer him anything. Just come to him empty handed and don't look for something good in you to recommend you to him to deserve his mercy. Come to him looking for a covering for your nakedness and for your shame.

He does not require you to help yourself to be good but he requires you to ask him to save you. In him is your only help.

Hosea 13:9 KJV
O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself; but in me is thine help.

He only can make your conscience clean. You cannot. You have to run to him and ask him. He is your only hope.

Don't try to produce good fruit by relying on your will to seek God. This is only hindering you from fully surrendering to him. He knows you are wicked and he is your only hope. Only he can grant you true repentance, you cannot repent on your own. So you have to ask him to save you because you can't.

Reactions: Seekerofthetruth

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope this message is true.
I live trusting that this message is indeed true. The same Bible in which you hear condemnation also proclaims God's forgiveness and mercy for you.

Now, if you believed that it was true, how would that change your view of God?
I honestly would trade anything to have a clean conscience if I really think about it.
And what if it really is true? What if you knew down deep in your heart that God Almighty Himself had pardoned you, that the debt for your unpardonable sin had been paid, that you really, REALLY could approach life again with a clear conscience, what next?

Last edited:

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only Gods Elect can commit the unpardonable sin. Documentation, mark chapter 13:9. 13:11. Some people have spirit of slumber for their protection. Those with free will can't commit the unpardonable sin. Only Gods Elect can commit the unpardonable sin. The Election have holy spirit and full knowledge of Gods word.

Seekerofthetruth

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I live trusting that this message is indeed true. The same Bible in which you hear condemnation also proclaims God's forgiveness and mercy for you.

Now, if you believed that it was true, how would that change your view of God?

And what if it really is true? What if you knew down deep in your heart that God Almighty Himself had pardoned you, that the debt for your unpardonable sin had been paid, that you really, REALLY could approach life again with a clear conscience, what next?
Even the verses about forgiveness bring me nothing but condemnation.

• Sad
Reactions: Lambano

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I honestly feel like giving up. When I read about Jesus I get nothing but condemnation. I am indifferent to my sin. I can commit any sin and not feel remorse about it. Nothing moves me in the slightest.
If you are reading about Jesus in the gospels, you will see that Jesus does not condemn the sinners who came to him. He only condemned the self righteous.

I can only repeat my advice, start attending the same church each week, as far as you can stop your sinning.
Usually these are serial sins of viewing port and master baking, or smoking and doing drugs.

You have a choice.
If you are concerned about your sin, to seek Jesus.
Or
To stop worrying about them.

Do go to church, try ringing the minister up and arrange to meet him.

Seekerofthetruth

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If you are reading about Jesus in the gospels, you will see that Jesus does not condemn the sinners who came to him. He only condemned the self righteous.

I can only repeat my advice, start attending the same church each week, as far as you can stop your sinning.
Usually these are serial sins of viewing port and master baking, or smoking and doing drugs.

You have a choice.
If you are concerned about your sin, to seek Jesus.
Or
To stop worrying about them.

Do go to church, try ringing the minister up and arrange to meet him.
I am not concerned about my sin in the slightest. I have a reprobate mind unfortunately. I can’t repent. I am NUMB to my sin. Completely numb. I’ve tried to reprogram my thoughts but evil thoughts come in. Im afraid of killing myself but I know I will end up in hell either way. I am a sociopath basically. I am going insane.

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even the verses about forgiveness bring me nothing but condemnation.
The best I can do from here is to point you towards God's forgiveness. You'll have to seek it out yourself. You will have to humbly ask God to change your heart, because as you have already seen, you can't do it yourself. You'll just have to trust that the God who would give His only son for your sin will pardon you and change you. That's what repentance looks like.

I'm going to back away for a while and just pray for you. Okay?

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This has probably already been said (sorry all, a bit too busy to look over three pages) but no it is not too late for you. I too have said and thought nasty things against the Spirit and it bothered me for a long time.

I am going to try to keep this short while telling you what got me past it. Try to stop worrying and be glad that you now accept Jesus. You are not in any more danger of Hell than the rest of us, or those who haven't committed said sin. God will not reject anyone who comes to Jesus no matter what they have done (John 6:37). You are a new creation that has replaced what you were (2 Corinthians 5:17). ANYONE who believes in Jesus is saved (John 3:36) Really, the only sin that sends someone to Hell is rejecting Jesus.

The difference between you and the Pharisees is that they blasphemied the Holy Ghost by seeing him at work and speaking against him despite knowing his power and that he worked miracles, which they credited to demonic power. You, on the otherhand, could not have known better.

Most theologian scholars agree on several points: the sin cannot be committed today because we cannot see the Spirit at work, people who commit it never turn to Christ, and that if it can be committed today, it is only by repeatedly rejecting Jesus without eventually coming to him.

On a final note, there are odds that Saul of Tarsus even committed this sin before becoming the Apostle Paul and writing a large chunk of the New Testament. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Lambano

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am not concerned about my sin in the slightest. I have a reprobate mind unfortunately. I can’t repent. I am NUMB to my sin. Completely numb. I’ve tried to reprogram my thoughts but evil thoughts come in. Im afraid of killing myself but I know I will end up in hell either way. I am a sociopath basically. I am going insane.
" I know I will end up in he'll! "
How do you know?
If that concerns you start seeking Jesus by attending church, prayer a day bible reading and altering your behaviour.

Atheists etc who couldn't careless about their sin or about heaven or he'll, don't post here.
That you keep posting tells me you do care and if you care there is hope for you.

Seekerofthetruth

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You are feeling condemnation when you read his word. That's totally normal. The law condemns. It is called the ministration of death or ministry of condemnation. It is convicting you of your sins and telling you how sinful you are and how evil you are and undeserving of God's mercy.

But that must lead you to faith in Christ. It is teaching you that you are hopeless and you have to run to Jesus only. He is your only hope. Ask him to save you. You don't need to offer him anything. Just come to him empty handed and don't look for something good in you to recommend you to him to deserve his mercy. Come to him looking for a covering for your nakedness and for your shame.

He does not require you to help yourself to be good but he requires you to ask him to save you. In him is your only help.

Hosea 13:9 KJV
O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself; but in me is thine help.

He only can make your conscience clean. You cannot. You have to run to him and ask him. He is your only hope.

Don't try to produce good fruit by relying on your will to seek God. This is only hindering you from fully surrendering to him. He knows you are wicked and he is your only hope. Only he can grant you true repentance, you cannot repent on your own. So you have to ask him to save you because you can't.
True. I don’t really feel anything when reading the word though. I should look to Jesus no matter what.

Reactions: The Learner

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have committed the unpardonable sin. I have deliberately said evil things against the Holy Spirit and countless deliberately thought evil thoughts against the Holy Spirit. I cannot be saved. I am indifferent to this deep down. I’ve tried to seek Christ but it is in vain. I am like Cain. I know in my heart it’s too late for me. Yes the heart is deceitful but my heart is not deceiving me in this case. I know not another second is promised. I have anxiety about dying every day. God has given me over to a reprobate mind.
The unforgiveable sin is the sin of unforgiveness.
The correction is to ask God's help through Christ to provide the forgiveness that is lacking due to human failure.
Of course, all of us are going to run into our own human limit and inability to forgive at SOME point on SOME issue or with SOME person.
Nobody is all forgiving but God who is all knowing, and none of us have that ability without the gift of Grace through Jesus.

The fact that you recognize you are at your limit, and not willing to change,
that's all you need. Just admit that, hand it to God and agree you are imperfect.

You just ask God through Christ to take this and make it right.
Just keep asking and giving it to God.

That's all any of us can do.
When we cannot forgive, that's when we figure out why we need to hand things
over to God or else we would let these things crush and destroy us.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have committed the unpardonable sin

No, you didn't! You wouldn't be hear talking about it if you really had.

What's going on here is you said or did some stuff that was sinful, the Holy Spirit convicted you of that (you became aware it was sinful) so you felt really bad about it and... a demon jumped in and started bringing thoughts to your mind.... in the first person, as though these are your actual thoughts.... saying "OMG, I have committed the unpardonable sin"

This happened to me when I was a young believer and I went a while there thinking I was permanently lost! (I think the devil was trying to get me to join the satanic temple and eat greasy pork with them after seance or something, it was definitely demonic!)

If you truly did that you would have been completely turned over to a reprobate mind and would have no further interest in whether you are saved or not... you wouldn't give a fat rats backside!

Paul had Christians murdered but found mercy before the Lord because what he did was out of ignorance (1 Timothy 1:13)

Believe God's Word concerning confessing your sin and turning away from your sin and understand what you did was out of ignorance (doesn't mean you are stupid, it just means you did not know).

Proverbs 28:13
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The only way out of this is to get rid of those thoughts and replace them with God's promises!
You do this by submitting yourself to the Lord and quit doing whatever it is you now know was sinful.

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only Gods Elect can commit the unpardonable sin. Documentation, Matthew 10:19.

Only those with holy spirit can commit the unpardonable sin. They are God's Elect.

The position for Elect can't be volunteered for. The election were judged in first earth age and are predestined.

Some people have spirit of stupor, documentation, romans chapter 11 and Isaiah chapter 6.

Thier are very few of the Elect.

Don't worry about it.

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only Gods Elect can commit the unpardonable sin. Documentation, Matthew 10:19.

Only those with holy spirit can commit the unpardonable sin. They are God's Elect.

The position for Elect can't be volunteered for. The election were judged in first earth age and are predestined.

Some people have spirit of stupor, documentation, romans chapter 11 and Isaiah chapter 6.

Thier are very few of the Elect.

Don't worry about it.
Everyone commits the unforgiveable sin of Unforgiveness.
The difference is asking God's help to provide the Forgiveness we cannot do by our own human will.

So by asking God's help with Forgiveness that corrects the sin of unforgiveness
which is refusing to seek Forgiveness.

All people I know run into this, and it's only through Grace that we overcome this.

Rabbi Reuben

Dec 20, 2023
NY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I have committed the unpardonable sin. I have deliberately said evil things against the Holy Spirit and countless deliberately thought evil thoughts against the Holy Spirit. I cannot be saved. I am indifferent to this deep down. I’ve tried to seek Christ but it is in vain. I am like Cain. I know in my heart it’s too late for me. Yes the heart is deceitful but my heart is not deceiving me in this case. I know not another second is promised. I have anxiety about dying every day. God has given me over to a reprobate mind.
Why tell us? We cannot do anything about it for you.