I Do Not like this religion lifestyle

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
First, Please do not take this the wrong way. I love Jesus, He is my true friend ok?

I Grew up with Jesus as a friend. I am thankful of this. I was first saved when I was little and I'm proud of it. I love it, Life was simple

So Now that I'm older, all life is, "You're doing this wrong, You're doing this wrong do this do that" Can't a brother just breathe?

Dont get me started on the Rapture and tribulation. From my heart I dont like that at all....I dont want him to come back. I want him to be in Heaven and wait for us to get old like I was tought when I was younger

Life sucks on Earth, and What's Heaven??? A pure golden city where we do nothing but praise 24/7..Dont get me wrong, God is great and deserves all the praise, But No more skateboarding, No more rap music, No more relations with your wife, no more Remembering the old days on the earth, and The way people describe it, Is "Joy grace yes!"

What if I want to Just chill with you all and say "Sup Homie?" It doesnt sound plausable does it? I want Heaven to be like Earth without the evil.....I want night time, a dark sky, With God Lighting up the city as if it's a nice night strolling through the city.

My Point Is, The way People describe Christianity these days, It's not the simple faith I grew up with, I want to tone it down. I dont want to guilt trip nobody anymore, I dont want people to guilt trip me, I dont want to "Wake up and preach" I want to talk to people about Jesus if they ask......I want to Know Jesus as a friend who is there for me..

Please do not take this the wrong way. I still love Jesus he is my Savior. I just wish Christianity didnt have to be so depressing and limited, I mean come on now

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
-- If this is how you feel about how difficulty-free Christianity should be and how despressing Heaven would be, then it appears that your problem isn't you walk with God, but rather the lack thereof. That is where you should start.

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Foreigner said:
-- If this is how you feel about how difficulty-free Christianity should be and how despressing Heaven would be, then it appears that your problem isn't you walk with God, but rather the lack thereof. That is where you should start.
Nope not my problem....For the past couple of years, Christianity has been on my mind 24/7 it got depressing because That was trapping me in my own mind.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we all can choose how to react to the burning building we are in; either by yelling 'fire!' and running around in a panic or by directing people to the exit. God calls people to different tasks and roles.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hey homie s'up as we bang knuckles, real personal huh.
Look you nor anyone else knows exactly what heaven or life on the new earth will be like (But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
(1Co 2:9)), all we know is it will be a whole lot better than deep fryin in darkness.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What has Christ got to do with religion. I walk with Him, He walks with me, you wont find a religious bone between us. I cant wait to go home, you are troubled because here on this world we need entertain teh flesh when you are in heaven there is no more flesh to entertain, these foolish things here on earth that seemed so important just simply wont matter anymore.

In His Love

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Warrior said:
First, Please do not take this the wrong way. I love Jesus, He is my true friend ok?

I Grew up with Jesus as a friend. I am thankful of this. I was first saved when I was little and I'm proud of it. I love it, Life was simple

So Now that I'm older, all life is, "You're doing this wrong, You're doing this wrong do this do that" Can't a brother just breathe?

Dont get me started on the Rapture and tribulation. From my heart I dont like that at all....I dont want him to come back. I want him to be in Heaven and wait for us to get old like I was tought when I was younger

Life sucks on Earth, and What's Heaven??? A pure golden city where we do nothing but praise 24/7..Dont get me wrong, God is great and deserves all the praise, But No more skateboarding, No more rap music, No more relations with your wife, no more Remembering the old days on the earth, and The way people describe it, Is "Joy grace yes!"

What if I want to Just chill with you all and say "Sup Homie?" It doesnt sound plausable does it? I want Heaven to be like Earth without the evil.....I want night time, a dark sky, With God Lighting up the city as if it's a nice night strolling through the city.

My Point Is, The way People describe Christianity these days, It's not the simple faith I grew up with, I want to tone it down. I dont want to guilt trip nobody anymore, I dont want people to guilt trip me, I dont want to "Wake up and preach" I want to talk to people about Jesus if they ask......I want to Know Jesus as a friend who is there for me..

Please do not take this the wrong way. I still love Jesus he is my Savior. I just wish Christianity didnt have to be so depressing and limited, I mean come on now
Can you describe what Life in the Spirit is like in your life? You don't have to answer, but I can tell you that it is gloriously better than skateboarding. One more thing, Jesus is not assembling a heavenly choir. Just like there is purpose on earth to all who seek His will, there will be much greater purpose and fulfillment in heaven.

1Co_2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Reactions: Angelina

rand

Sep 10, 2012
Skateboarding? I can't wait to try that in Heaven. Like my father told me when I was young, "if you get to heaven and you want ice cream, then I can promise there will be ice cream." I really do believe life will be in heaven (which will be on this earth BTW) just like it was always planned to be from the beginning before the fall. We will all have jobs, friends, houses, money (no poverty), hobbies, we get to travel. We are so blessed and we can't wait to bless others with what we've been blessed with. Jesus comes around and every so often just to hang out with us. We dance in the streets, we have parties and Balls, I bet we have cars, we go rock climbing, hiking, you name it. There is no time, so there is no aging. Aging only sounds romantic to the young.

However, if you are being guilt-tripped at your church, you need to find a new church. There is no condemnation in Christ (Romans 8:1) but there is pleanty of condemnation from Christians. Don't be one of those.

I, for one, can hardly wait, and my life here and now is amazing. He has blessed me so much, and the blessings just keep coming, Just imagine what He has in store for me there. WOW! LIke David said in the Psalms, He not only loves me but He 'likes' me.

If you're not excited, you are thinking about it all wrong. ask Him to show you, He will. He promised He will.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
mjrhealth said:
What has Christ got to do with religion. I walk with Him, He walks with me, you wont find a religious bone between us. I cant wait to go home, you are troubled because here on this world we need entertain teh flesh when you are in heaven there is no more flesh to entertain, these foolish things here on earth that seemed so important just simply wont matter anymore.

In His Love
Well said, MJR. It's the flesh that gets attached to this world and the things of the world. Our spirit wants to be with Jesus face to face. Heaven is not heaven if Jesus is not there. We should only be thinking of being with Him as a bride wants to be with the bridegroom and not projecting into heaven what our flesh loves.

If a bride is only thinking of marriage because of all the money she will be marrying into, or all the things she will have, then she is not thinking of her bridegroom and there is something seriously amiss with her heart. Jesus only wanted to please His Father and do His Father's will despite hardship. That is mature love. We must be willing to allow the Spirit of God to deal with the attitudes and desires of our heart while we are sojourning on earth.

The Spirit is saying to the Church today, to come to the Lord Jesus Christ with all your heart and do not be joined to anything in your heart but Him.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Axehead said:
Well said, MJR. It's the flesh that gets attached to this world and the things of the world. Our spirit wants to be with Jesus face to face. Heaven is not heaven if Jesus is not there. We should only be thinking of being with Him as a bride wants to be with the bridegroom and not projecting into heaven what our flesh loves.

If a bride is only thinking of marriage because of all the money she will be marrying into, or all the things she will have, then she is not thinking of her bridegroom and there is something seriously amiss with her heart. Jesus only wanted to please His Father and do His Father's will despite hardship. That is mature love. We must be willing to allow the Spirit of God to deal with the attitudes and desires of our heart while we are sojourning on earth.

The Spirit is saying to the Church today, to come to the Lord Jesus Christ with all your heart and do not be joined to anything in your heart but Him.
From a friend and me,

Well Said

In all His most amazing Love and abundant Grace

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Warrior said:

Well, I think I can relate.
I would say this: forget about the future. Man doesn't really know what happens after death, what exactly happens. What we do know is, there's a good place and a bad place. And I sure don't want to end up in the bad place.

Live life the way God wanted you live it here on earth, remember him in the days of your youth, and leave the future to him.

Ecc 12:1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;

Questor

Messianic Gentile
Jun 11, 2012
SoCal Mountains
Faith
Country
United States
Warrior said:

I don't blame you at all...if all Yeshua wanted of me was to bow down and reverence Him, weeping at His feet, He would have, as part of YHVH, made me to be just that.

So I asked the Ruach haKodesh about just these things, and was given dreams and visions that show many different and complex things, some fun and silly, others dangerous, or deadly boring, but necessary. And even the boring stuff was made into joy by the Gloriousness of His presence,

But I have been with Yeshua as he was waltzing with his Bride at the wedding supper. I have run like a teenager hand in hand with Yeshua window shopping, and singing together.

Am I a sober and reverant believer? Yes. Do I have conversations with Yeshua in which I am his companion, reading a book together, and laughing at what we are reading? Yes. If I had a skateboard, and the ability to skateboard, I'd ask Yeshua along. And when I fail, and sin, I sit in the dark, and sing my prayers in the Spirit because I don't know how to apologize sufficiently to Him for what He puts up with in me.

I know I am a measely, troubled little kid with bad manners and no religion, and I find that Yeshua love's me anyway, continues to bless me with insight, discernment, and healing. And He also continues to chastise me as I need it in a myriad of ways, always aimed at getting my walk closer and closer to the center of His will for me.

But to not want to have a barbeque with friends in the Kingdom? Why would Yeshua not like to come...He loves us. And in that love is an understanding of our childish, necessary desires, and an equal ability to give all that we ask then, and more.

Do I look forward to the Kingdom as a more perfected earthly now? Yes, and I look forward to eons of new things to study, new habits to acquire, and a lot of really excellent music glorifiing the Lord.

Yeshua wants us in the Kingdom, certainly, as Priests, Kings, and maybe the equivalent of being the DMV or teaching a bible study to those that are new to the faith, yet walk into the Kingdom. I might have used my one talent to good use, and be put over a village...or a chicken coop, because I don't think I have done anything much worth even the chicken coop.

If your tastes are saintly and ascetic, I have no doubt Yeshua will fulfill that ecstasy of worship with you. I would like some of that also, but is that all I want? Is that all YHVH, Yeshua and the Ruach haKodesh want us to experience? Work and Play...reverence and humor...worship and rocking out..learning and teaching...and a weekly shabbat rest, and the feasts as well. As for wedding and bedding, I am sure that eternity holds something equivalent in intimacy...like a pure refreshing in the Ruach haKodesh that blasts your senses while your family and friends are refreshed with you, joined with you in mind and heart.

Am I human...yep. Yeshua already knows that, and my tastes and my desires, and already seeks to give me grace and favor in all good things.

Why would I limit YHVH from giving me all that there is to give and receive when I know He already has fun with me?

I am leaving all options open, but I have no trouble telling Yeshua what I might like to have, if there is time and space and energy, and you know, since there is all these things in abundance with YHVH, why should we not want them, and want them with Him?

Q