I don’t want to be that....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t want to be that.

That, which I am by my natural birth from Adam. That which I find myself to be in my own strength, in my own ability, in my own wisdom, in my own wherewith all..

If I am not born again, or recreated in the time of this life, I am stuck with only that which I inherited from Adam. With no hope from coming out from underneath it’s control for all eternity, lost as to all good things..

The necessity of the new birth and the growing in it, is made more plain and is seen as more mandatory, the more I see myself for what I am in myself.....This seeing of myself for what I am in myself is most necessary and most painful...But the fruit is righteousness, peace and joy and life and true life at that......

I can do nothing to cause this growth of the Divine nature in me, but to desire it’s growth and it’s increase, I can want it above my life itself, which is exactly the price that must be payed....I can plant and water the new birth, the Divine nature that has been birthed in me. But I can only humbly present myself to God that He might cause the growth of the new birth and it’s increase in me, in His time and manner...

Him Who has set His heart on me, Him who has set His heart on my salvation...

Would to God that I, we, all, would see ourselves to be that which needs to be done away with...That which Christ came to set us free from...That which we are by nature...For until the axe is laid at the foundation of the tree, that which grows from it, will be that which naturally grows from the root....A new plant must grow from a new root, a new nature must be birthed in us and allowed to grow in us in the time of this life...

For once the time of growing, the time of this life, the choosing, the growing has ended. We will be what we have chosen to make of ourselves, whatever plant that might be. One for honor or one for dishonor...The time of choosing is the now, as long as today is called today it is time for the choosing and the growth....After we have chosen, whichever and whatever we have chosen, growth is the natural outcome of the choosing. For only that which we have grown here, is the only thing we can take with us into eternity, be that a good or bad plant....A trip that we all will make, it’s just a question of when..

Being made ready for this trip, is the most important thing a man can do... To receive the salvation promised in Christ and than to grow in this salvation...Like a new born babe, to want to grow in this life. To see that that was the purpose of the new birth, that the birth might grow to overshadow and control all our doings...This Divine nature that has been born into us, that it would grow to free us from what we are, that which we are in ourselves...For the growth of the Divine nature in us, is our Christ in us our only hope of glory...

To be set free from the that, to a living hope of the glory and freedom of the children of God..

Be blessed, all the hearts that would hear the voice of God in them, Not me

Reactions: Pisteuo