I don't know what to do

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tkinnie

May 15, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey everyone, sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum, but idk where else to post it. I'm struggling to find my call, I was told that god works healing through me because of the warmth of my hands, she even said god wants to do a lot with me, but that was kind of vague... I don't even have a career planned out, I'm already 25, I'm extremely creative and extremely eclectic, its like a gift and a curse at the same time... I can do anything, but I want to do what GOD wants me to do. My mind is always pondering about new ideas and creative stories, I also train in martial arts about 7 different styles so far. I make music and I also draw, with all of that, I even write stories and I'm pretty decent with IT/computers. I can't be a jack of all trades, yes I eventually want to do all of them, but I'm so overwhelmed and stressed out.. I even tried looking up people like me in the bible and couldn't find any, I know king david did a lot, but he was already established, I have no idea what god wants for me, and I still eed to make a living doing something.... Thanks for listening, I love you all and god bless.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Ask God and He will show you...use the talents you have already also for God, for all are a gift from Him...Do not stress just relax and go with the feelings deep within yourself and ask God, man has a way of dumping unwanted baggage on people and causing stress about things, which in turns takes our focus off the Lord....

Cresco

Nov 21, 2011
Pennsylvania
I think it's important that you pray about it and throw yourself out there; putting yourself to work within the Body of Christ. Some of it may not be glamorous, and some of it may be enjoyable, but I think three important things will happen by doing this.
1) God will bless you.
2) You will be exposing yourself and your talents to doing Gods work through the church, and you may surprise yourself in the areas where you feel led to serve.
3) The Church community can often recognize your gifts before you do! Sometimes we are searching so hard to find our niche, that we pass it right over. Our brothers and Sisters can often spot areas of service that we would be good at, things that we had never considered for ourselves.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tim... Dante Alighieri once said that "If a man follow his star he shall no fail of a glorious heaven."

So we, as Internet posters, have the ability to point you in the direction of the wrong star. If we do that we will cause you to miss out in a great deal of glorious things in life. So it is in my part to tread very lightly in this advice thread. On top of my list, though, would be to tell you to get the Spirit of God talking in your life. There is none that teaches like he! I have prepared a video on how this is accomplished using a seven step method...

1. Justification - The faith to enter in...
2. Salvation - Accepting Jesus in the heart...
3. Sanctification - Cleaning the life up before the Lord.
4. Daily in the word of God - Getting the feel for the creators intentions for this world
5. Spiritual E / c2 - Warmth, love, faith, hope, charity, joy, grace, gentleness, goodness, etc.
6. Prayer, fasting, and praise - A team of people can help you!
7. The Shekinah Glory - The Baptism in the Holy Ghost... The Holy Ghost can really help you! Haha! Praise the Lord!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfOoN5Q6Jmc

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Tim Lee!

I'm struggling to find my call, I was told that god works healing through me because of the warmth of my hands, she even said god wants to do a lot with me, but that was kind of vague... I don't even have a career planned out, I'm already 25, I'm extremely creative and extremely eclectic, its like a gift and a curse at the same time... I can do anything, but I want to do what GOD wants me to do. My mind is always pondering about new ideas and creative stories, I also train in martial arts about 7 different styles so far. I make music and I also draw, with all of that, I even write stories and I'm pretty decent with IT/computers. I can't be a jack of all trades, yes I eventually want to do all of them, but I'm so overwhelmed and stressed out.. I even tried looking up people like me in the bible and couldn't find any, I know king david did a lot, but he was already established, I have no idea what god wants for me, and I still eed to make a living doing something.... Thanks for listening, I love you all and god bless.

It's difficult to find direction when you are so talented or gifted in many areas. You need to be bringing these things before the Lord in prayer as others here have suggested and trust God.

Bless you!

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Well one thing is for sure you know you are called to be a brother in the body, just be the best brother you can be to those around you. Don't let ministry become your life, let your life become ministry. Try not to be to apprehensive about it and leave it to God.

Do you have a job? Are you in school?

Tkinnie

May 15, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for all of the encouragement and guidance everyone. I was actually going to teach the youth at our church martial arts, the system was going to be called peaceful warrior, Or warriors for christ, but I moved right before it happened... So as of now, I'm back to writing and yes I'm in school for business and I only have a part time job, but thats better than nothing at all. I know I'm called to serve, but in what way I also have a family I need to provide for, but I'll just move in this direction until god says otherwise I guess. THanks and I love you all...

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Hey everyone, sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum, but idk where else to post it. I'm struggling to find my call, I was told that god works healing through me because of the warmth of my hands, she even said god wants to do a lot with me, but that was kind of vague... I don't even have a career planned out, I'm already 25, I'm extremely creative and extremely eclectic, its like a gift and a curse at the same time... I can do anything, but I want to do what GOD wants me to do. My mind is always pondering about new ideas and creative stories, I also train in martial arts about 7 different styles so far. I make music and I also draw, with all of that, I even write stories and I'm pretty decent with IT/computers. I can't be a jack of all trades, yes I eventually want to do all of them, but I'm so overwhelmed and stressed out.. I even tried looking up people like me in the bible and couldn't find any, I know king david did a lot, but he was already established, I have no idea what god wants for me, and I still eed to make a living doing something.... Thanks for listening, I love you all and god bless.

Ask God for His Spirit and with that God will lead you where you need to be.

LUKE 11
13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"

John 16
13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

All God wants you to do is love. Pick a career that you enjoy and be prepared to love abundantly.