i dont know when i got saved.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i thought i got saved when i was 14. i prayed alone and was baptized at the end of the year. i feel like i remmember it like it hapepend to someone else

then in 2019 i prayed with a woman at a christian rehab. she had us hug while we prayed and we prayed it twice cos she said i sounded unbelieving. we prayed away suicidal spirits and as far as im concerned i still am suicidal
i just feel i wont know im really saved or going to heaven until i get there i guess....

Reactions: Mayflower and Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i thought i got saved when i was 14. i prayed alone and was baptized at the end of the year. i feel like i remmember it like it hapepend to someone else

then in 2019 i prayed with a woman at a christian rehab. she had us hug while we prayed and we prayed it twice cos she said i sounded unbelieving. we prayed away suicidal spirits and as far as im concerned i still am suicidal
i just feel i wont know im really saved or going to heaven until i get there i guess....

Hi Lily!
Just the fact that you are concerned here tells me you are indeed saved, ARE being saved. You did not come on this site out of boredom I would think. You as well as many on here are searching, seeking Him. We're all at different places on the same road. Satan loves to place doubts in our minds and his fiery darts never stop. But, we can command him to flee in Jesus name, it is written that he MUST flee at His name, and God rebuke Satan. Don't believe the lie sister, you are on the right road and we all deal with doubts from time to time, but once you truly see that so much is out of our control, it is such a relief to give it all to Him and rest in His will. He WILL reveal Himself to you as you seek Him honestly and genuinely...and to me anyhow, it seems that is just what you are doing sister.
Keep seeking and you WILL find Him in ALL His glory...He is the God of "impossibilities". I used to think just pretending He answered prayers was good enough even though I thought He answered NONE of my prayers...He now has shown me so much and I have grown much in just the last 6 years. Long way to go as, I lived in the world for most of my life so, I have shed much of the old man, but he will rear his ugly head now and then...but those get less and less.
Seek Him, He will respond.
God Bless and keep in the race, even if it is slow as a snail!
xo

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sis, can you expand on this a bit?

I have a few questions...

*Was there a time when it didn't feel like "it happened to someone else"?

*What was it that brought your heart to pray when you were 14?

*What was life like after you prayed to accept Christ as your Savior?

I have some thought on this and I really like what @Nancy wrote. I believe you are His, and that satan has tried to dull your connection with God through difficult life circumstances.

Reactions: Nancy

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sis, can you expand on this a bit?

I have a few questions...

*Was there a time when it didn't feel like "it happened to someone else"? yes, but my memory is like remembering it like im watching myself.

*What was it that brought your heart to pray when you were 14? i think i was tired of wondering if i was saved. i knew i probably didnt get saved as a child like i was told i was.

*What was life like after you prayed to accept Christ as your Savior? it seemed nice until it didnt. not long after that we werent allowed to go to church anymore for almost two years later. my mother was hospitalized after my baptism.

I have some thought on this and I really like what @Nancy wrote. I believe you are His, and that satan has tried to dull your connection with God through difficult life circumstances.
answers in quotes :)

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
answers in quotes :)
(I couldn't get the other parts to quote for some reason.)

Anyway...thank you for the replies. It does make sense. What it amounts to is that you made your own choice. That's a decision your heart made for Christ. I find it amazing that you knew that you needed your own experience, and didn't just go on what your parents told you.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is all you need to be saved Lily. You believe that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died on the cross for your sins, and was raised again from the dead on the third day. You desire payment for your sins for eternal life? Confess your sins to Jesus, ask Him to forgive you, which is activating your faith, and aim to follow God and His commands for the rest of your life. Then you will have treasure in Heaven. It doesn't matter what anyone else says or does, and it doesn't matter how many times you have failed or will fail in the future. I personally believe you can walk away from God, but if you abide in Christ, always seeking Him and His ways, you will live.

Do you desire this, or have maybe fallen back and want to recommit your life back to God? Here is a good place to start.

"Father, thank You for sending Your Son Jesus Christ as payment for my sins. I seek Your face and ask You to forgive me. I believe all that Your Word says in what You have done for me. Please forgive me of my sins and lead and guide my life. Please allow my feelings to catch up with this faith in me. Give me wisdom and revelation to follow Your ways. In Jesus Name, Amen."

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i dont know

Well if you desire to, the option is open. Sometimes faith is just speaking it out. I encourage you if you are not sure to talk to God about it. Open your heart to Him.

What is it that you really are not sure on? What holds you back?

FB_IMG_1613928220441.jpg

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But what does it say? “The word is near you , in your mouth and in your heart ”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.
Romans 10:8‭-‬10 NASB1995

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
At a children's outreach event in a mission church I responded to the message of the Gospel as a child of ten or eleven when I asked Jesus into my heart. Sadly though it wasn't followed up on as I belonged to a traditional church. But God had his hand on my life and twenty five years later I gave my life to Jesus. He never blames us for wanting to make sure though.

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Many of our thoughts do not originate with us, they are planted by the evil one who then convinces us they are our thoughts. If we believe him he traps us and we become prey.
Crying out to God for discernment and protection embraces his promise 'I will never leave you or forsake you' and gives you strength to carry on.

Reactions: Mayflower

Kobo

Mar 11, 2021
Chicago
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you getting treatment for your issue Clinical Depression(suicidal tendencies are linked to depression)? If not, please try to see your psychiatrist and get on the best treatment plan you can so you do not have to keep suffering needlessly.

As for whether you are saved or not saved, it does not matter how long you have been saved.... what matters is that you are and you know it. So if you are not saved, it does not hurt to try again - no one is counting except you.

Now, you may wonder what Salvation guarantees you? Well, Salvation ensures that when you take your final breath in this life, rather than perish in the grave, gifted instead with eternal life, your consciousness instead sleeps in your grave until it is resurrected when Jesus Christ returns again, and thereon. Please understand that Salvation does not come with the guarantee that you will spend that eternal life you earn when you are saved in a place called Heaven - no it does not. Those who are saved(have salvation) can also end up in Hell if they refuse to obey the teachings of Jesus Christ.

As for how to get saved? According to Jesus Christ, all you do is obey a couple of commandments - believe in Him(John 3 vs 16 -21)...
16 Yes, God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him would not be lost but have eternal life.
17 God sent his Son into the world. He did not send him to judge the world guilty, but to save the world through him.
18 People who believe in God’s Son are not judged guilty. But people who do not believe are already judged, because they have not believed in God’s only Son.
19 They are judged by this fact: The light[c] has come into the world. But they did not want light. They wanted darkness, because they were doing evil things.
20 Everyone who does evil hates the light. They will not come to the light, because the light will show all the bad things they have done.
21 But anyone who follows the true way comes to the light. Then the light will show that whatever they have done was done through God.​
..., partake of the Last supper(John 6 vs 47-57)
47 “I can assure you that anyone who believes has eternal life.
48 I am the bread that gives life.
49 Your ancestors ate the manna God gave them in the desert, but it didn’t keep them from dying.
50 Here is the bread that comes down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will never die.
51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my body. I will give my body so that the people in the world can have life.”
52 Then the Jews began to argue among themselves. They said, “How can this man give us his body to eat?”
53 Jesus said, “Believe me when I say that you must eat the body of the Son of Man, and you must drink his blood. If you don’t do this, you have no real life.
54 Those who eat my body and drink my blood have eternal life. I will raise them up on the last day.
55 My body is true food, and my blood is true drink.
56 Those who eat my body and drink my blood live in me, and I live in them.
57 “The Father sent me. He lives, and I live because of him. So everyone who eats me will live because of me.
58 I am not like the bread that your ancestors ate. They ate that bread, but they still died. I am the bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever.”

.... and be baptized (Mark 16 vs 15 -16)
15 He said to them, “Go everywhere in the world. Tell the Good News to everyone.
16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved. But those who do not believe will be judged guilty.

After you have done all of the above with a willing heart, you are indeed saved. What you want to do next is consider continuing in your obedience to the commandments of Jesus Christ as that is the only way to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven and live a sin-free life.

The teaching of Jesus Christ, the New Covenant agreement are found recorded only in the 4 Gospels, and there are some key commandments that I would suggest you begin to obey as soon as you are sure you are saved. These commandments are so you can become worthy of becoming a follower of Jesus Christ - Jesus Christ abides in those who abide in Him(i.e. accept and obey His teachings) and these are commandments to become worthy of Him.

Matthew 6 vs 25 -34
25 “So I tell you, don’t worry about the things you need to live—what you will eat, drink, or wear. Life is more important than food, and the body is more important than what you put on it.
26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant, harvest, or save food in barns, but your heavenly Father feeds them. Don’t you know you are worth much more than they are?
27 You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it.
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? Look at the wildflowers in the field. See how they grow. They don’t work or make clothes for themselves.
29 But I tell you that even Solomon, the great and rich king, was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers.
30 If God makes what grows in the field so beautiful, what do you think he will do for you? It’s just grass—one day it’s alive, and the next day someone throws it into a fire. But God cares enough to make it beautiful. Surely he will do much more for you. Your faith is so small!
31 “Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’
32 That’s what those people who don’t know God are always thinking about. Don’t worry, because your Father in heaven knows that you need all these things.
33 What you should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what he wants you to do. Then he will give you all these other things you need.
34 So don’t worry about tomorrow. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Tomorrow will have its own worries.

Matthew 10 vs 34 -37
34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
36 And a person's enemies will be those of his own household.
37 Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
39 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
Matthew 18 vs 3 -4
3 Then he said, “The truth is, you must change your thinking and become like little children. If you don’t do this, you will never enter God’s kingdom.
4 The greatest person in God’s kingdom is the one who makes himself humble like this child.​

Matthew 16 vs 24-27
24 Then Jesus said to his followers, “If any of you want to be my follower, you must stop thinking about yourself and what you want. You must be willing to carry the cross that is given to you for following me.
25 Any of you who try to save the life you have will lose it. But you who give up your life for me will find true life.
26 It is worth nothing for you to have the whole world if you yourself are lost. You could never pay enough to buy back your life.
27 The Son of Man will come again with his Father’s glory and with his angels. And he will reward everyone for what they have done.
28 Believe me when I say that there are some people standing here who will see the Son of Man coming with his kingdom before they die.”​

Read through the Gospels as if you were reading a novel even, so you can get a better understanding of the person of Jesus Christ, His teachings and the many commandments available for you in Him. There are about 46 commandments in total included in the New Covenant, Jesus Christ.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you getting treatment for your issue Clinical Depression(suicidal tendencies are linked to depression)? If not, please try to see your psychiatrist and get on the best treatment plan you can so you do not have to keep suffering needlessly.

As for whether you are saved or not saved, it does not matter how long you have been saved.... what matters is that you are and you know it. So if you are not saved, it does not hurt to try again - no one is counting except you.

Now, you may wonder what Salvation guarantees you? Well, Salvation ensures that when you take your final breath in this life, rather than perish in the grave, gifted instead with eternal life, your consciousness instead sleeps in your grave until it is resurrected when Jesus Christ returns again, and thereon. Please understand that Salvation does not come with the guarantee that you will spend that eternal life you earn when you are saved in a place called Heaven - no it does not. Those who are saved(have salvation) can also end up in Hell if they refuse to obey the teachings of Jesus Christ.

As for how to get saved? According to Jesus Christ, all you do is obey a couple of commandments - believe in Him(John 3 vs 16 -21)...
16 Yes, God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him would not be lost but have eternal life.
17 God sent his Son into the world. He did not send him to judge the world guilty, but to save the world through him.
18 People who believe in God’s Son are not judged guilty. But people who do not believe are already judged, because they have not believed in God’s only Son.
19 They are judged by this fact: The light[c] has come into the world. But they did not want light. They wanted darkness, because they were doing evil things.
20 Everyone who does evil hates the light. They will not come to the light, because the light will show all the bad things they have done.
21 But anyone who follows the true way comes to the light. Then the light will show that whatever they have done was done through God.​
..., partake of the Last supper(John 6 vs 47-57)
47 “I can assure you that anyone who believes has eternal life.
48 I am the bread that gives life.
49 Your ancestors ate the manna God gave them in the desert, but it didn’t keep them from dying.
50 Here is the bread that comes down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will never die.
51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my body. I will give my body so that the people in the world can have life.”
52 Then the Jews began to argue among themselves. They said, “How can this man give us his body to eat?”
53 Jesus said, “Believe me when I say that you must eat the body of the Son of Man, and you must drink his blood. If you don’t do this, you have no real life.
54 Those who eat my body and drink my blood have eternal life. I will raise them up on the last day.
55 My body is true food, and my blood is true drink.
56 Those who eat my body and drink my blood live in me, and I live in them.
57 “The Father sent me. He lives, and I live because of him. So everyone who eats me will live because of me.
58 I am not like the bread that your ancestors ate. They ate that bread, but they still died. I am the bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever.”

.... and be baptized (Mark 16 vs 15 -16)
15 He said to them, “Go everywhere in the world. Tell the Good News to everyone.
16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved. But those who do not believe will be judged guilty.

After you have done all of the above with a willing heart, you are indeed saved. What you want to do next is consider continuing in your obedience to the commandments of Jesus Christ as that is the only way to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven and live a sin-free life.

The teaching of Jesus Christ, the New Covenant agreement are found recorded only in the 4 Gospels, and there are some key commandments that I would suggest you begin to obey as soon as you are sure you are saved. These commandments are so you can become worthy of becoming a follower of Jesus Christ - Jesus Christ abides in those who abide in Him(i.e. accept and obey His teachings) and these are commandments to become worthy of Him.

Matthew 6 vs 25 -34
25 “So I tell you, don’t worry about the things you need to live—what you will eat, drink, or wear. Life is more important than food, and the body is more important than what you put on it.
26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant, harvest, or save food in barns, but your heavenly Father feeds them. Don’t you know you are worth much more than they are?
27 You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it.
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? Look at the wildflowers in the field. See how they grow. They don’t work or make clothes for themselves.
29 But I tell you that even Solomon, the great and rich king, was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers.
30 If God makes what grows in the field so beautiful, what do you think he will do for you? It’s just grass—one day it’s alive, and the next day someone throws it into a fire. But God cares enough to make it beautiful. Surely he will do much more for you. Your faith is so small!
31 “Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’
32 That’s what those people who don’t know God are always thinking about. Don’t worry, because your Father in heaven knows that you need all these things.
33 What you should want most is God’s kingdom and doing what he wants you to do. Then he will give you all these other things you need.
34 So don’t worry about tomorrow. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Tomorrow will have its own worries.

Matthew 10 vs 34 -37
34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
36 And a person's enemies will be those of his own household.
37 Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
39 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
Matthew 18 vs 3 -4
3 Then he said, “The truth is, you must change your thinking and become like little children. If you don’t do this, you will never enter God’s kingdom.
4 The greatest person in God’s kingdom is the one who makes himself humble like this child.​

Matthew 16 vs 24-27
24 Then Jesus said to his followers, “If any of you want to be my follower, you must stop thinking about yourself and what you want. You must be willing to carry the cross that is given to you for following me.
25 Any of you who try to save the life you have will lose it. But you who give up your life for me will find true life.
26 It is worth nothing for you to have the whole world if you yourself are lost. You could never pay enough to buy back your life.
27 The Son of Man will come again with his Father’s glory and with his angels. And he will reward everyone for what they have done.
28 Believe me when I say that there are some people standing here who will see the Son of Man coming with his kingdom before they die.”​

Read through the Gospels as if you were reading a novel even, so you can get a better understanding of the person of Jesus Christ, His teachings and the many commandments available for you in Him. There are about 46 commandments in total included in the New Covenant, Jesus Christ.
Hello Kobo
I know you mean well.....please consider this story:-

An Evangelist decided to hold a tent meeting in a certain City on a certain day at 8pm sharp. It was advertised far and wide and a large crowd was expected. Everything was prepared; tent erected, many seats all in their neat rows with the appointed start time drawing closer.
By 7.30pm the tent was still empty....the preacher waited, wondering..... 7.55pm, still no one but he waited patiently.....8.15pm, still no one. He wondered what was happening when at 8.30pm a lone Cowboy wanders in and sits down in the front row. The preacher is excited and takes heart beginning his presentation.

The Cowboy listens patiently.....20 minutes go by, then 40 minutes then an hour....the preacher is animated as he sees the Cowboy listening. Finally, an hour and a half later the preacher finishes up. The Cowboy sits there a little stunned while the preacher makes his way over to him.
Well, Cowboy says the preacher, what did you think of that?.....the Cowboy looks at him a little bewildered and says, wellll, I don't really know, I'm just a Cowboy, but I do know this, if one of my cows came in to be fed I would feed it; I wouldn't dump the whole load on it!

Reactions: Triumph1300

Kobo

Mar 11, 2021
Chicago
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Kobo
I know you mean well.....please consider this story:-

An Evangelist decided to hold a tent meeting in a certain City on a certain day at 8pm sharp. It was advertised far and wide and a large crowd was expected. Everything was prepared; tent erected, many seats all in their neat rows with the appointed start time drawing closer.
By 7.30pm the tent was still empty....the preacher waited, wondering..... 7.55pm, still no one but he waited patiently.....8.15pm, still no one. He wondered what was happening when at 8.30pm a lone Cowboy wanders in and sits down in the front row. The preacher is excited and takes heart beginning his presentation.

The Cowboy listens patiently.....20 minutes go by, then 40 minutes then an hour....the preacher is animated as he sees the Cowboy listening. Finally, an hour and a half later the preacher finishes up. The Cowboy sits there a little stunned while the preacher makes his way over to him.
Well, Cowboy says the preacher, what did you think of that?.....the Cowboy looks at him a little bewildered and says, wellll, I don't really know, I'm just a Cowboy, but I do know this, if one of my cows came in to be fed I would feed it; I wouldn't dump the whole load on it!
I didn't mean to "Dump the whole load on you". Lol...

But what I suggested, from getting on treatment for your clinical depression, to getting saved, and to becoming born again(the Spirit of Truth living inside of one)are things I myself have done and found to be true.

Take your time to go through as much of what I wrote there that you can, and if there is any part of it you do not understand, please feel free to ask me your questions.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The thing about assuming we are saved already is that we don't really know for sure...
I get the evil one tempting me with things like "well you're already saved so why not"...

Only when we die will we go before the Lord and only then will we find out if we're saved...