I hate myself, and hate being an atheist.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cerraco

Oct 23, 2023
Greenfield
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I was at the other Christian Forums, but they banned me because I mentioned a few things that I did not know were against the rules (I won't mention them here as to not risk anything). I am absolutely BOILING angry at them, as they picked a terrible time to do that. There's nothing like seeing someone online, and then just not responding and ghosting you.

My mind is in a panicked, lost and horrified state. I hate myself, and I'm so anxious that I'm constantly woozy. I am 35 and have not been with a woman, because I've been busy with life. I then joined the Sosuave forum, which is - for those who don't know - a super macho redpilled alpha male testosterone cold emotionless forum, but they have constant success with women. That place introduced to me how shallow and one-sided the love world is, which has proven that it may be too late for me.

Just when I get help at the other forum, they decide to ban me, and then not tell me if it's permanent or not because half the planet likes to play the "not reply" game. Seriously, who doesn't do that? Every mod at every forum loves doing that, and you can see when they were last online. I am screaming in my head right now, where is this god? Where is this "heals the broken-hearted" that he does? If he doesn't answer, I might have to escape somewhere, because I can hardly even think.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was at the other Christian Forums, but they banned me because I mentioned a few things that I did not know were against the rules (I won't mention them here as to not risk anything). I am absolutely BOILING angry at them, as they picked a terrible time to do that. There's nothing like seeing someone online, and then just not responding and ghosting you.

My mind is in a panicked, lost and horrified state. I hate myself, and I'm so anxious that I'm constantly woozy. I am 35 and have not been with a woman, because I've been busy with life. I then joined the Sosuave forum, which is - for those who don't know - a super macho redpilled alpha male testosterone cold emotionless forum, but they have constant success with women. That place introduced to me how shallow and one-sided the love world is, which has proven that it may be too late for me.

Just when I get help at the other forum, they decide to ban me, and then not tell me if it's permanent or not because half the planet likes to play the "not reply" game. Seriously, who doesn't do that? Every mod at every forum loves doing that, and you can see when they were last online. I am screaming in my head right now, where is this god? Where is this "heals the broken-hearted" that he does? If he doesn't answer, I might have to escape somewhere, because I can hardly even think.
Seek the LORD while he may be found; call upon him while he is near"

Sounds like you have some work to do!

Do me a favour and read the whole chapter (Isaiah 55) - if you have any questions, fire way! He is a well spring which bubbles up and spills over!

F2F

Cerraco

Oct 23, 2023
Greenfield
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Leave the world behind my friend.

Look to the unseen.

That’s all that really matters

:Thumbsup:
I don't really get that one. I can't leave the world behind, I'm trapped in the world. I was born into it. I can't turn it off. What "unseen"?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't really get that one. I can't leave the world behind, I'm trapped in the world. I was born into it. I can't turn it off. What "unseen"?
Ignore that, it's Christian guff!

You dont leave it behind you overcome it!

33 These things I (Jesus) have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

There are certain realities in this life you can't just leave behind! You need to gain the tools to overcome them! It takes "hard work" but in those labours God can and will start a work in you! One He promises to finish.

F2F

Papa Smurf

Jul 6, 2023
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Cerraco, first off, since I see that you are a new member, WELCOME TO CB :waves:

I'm very sorry to hear about how you were treated on one of the other Christian Forums (and I'm hoping that it was in error somehow). You're here now however, so let's hope that you can finally find (or at least get closer to finding) the answers that you are still looking for :)

My mind is in a panicked, lost and horrified state.
If you don't mind me asking (and if it's not too personal), when/how/why did this happen to you?

I hate myself, and I'm so anxious that I'm constantly woozy.
Not to sound like a broken record, but again (if you don't mind me asking), why do you hate yourself, and what are you so anxious about?

I am 35 and have not been with a woman, because I've been busy with life. I then joined the Sosuave forum, which is - for those who don't know - a super macho redpilled alpha male testosterone cold emotionless forum, but they have constant success with women. That place introduced to me how shallow and one-sided the love world is, which has proven that it may be too late for me.
It's never too late to change things (if they need to be changed), including yourself, as long as you still have breath in you, that is :Thumbsup:

As far as the Sosuave forum is concerned, are you like the men that you just described above? If not, then my advice would be to just be yourself when dating or looking for someone to date. IOW, find a girl who likes you for you. They really are out there :)

Also, chances are pretty good that if these men are as successful with women as you say that they are (or at least as they claim to be), it's only because the women that they are having success with are interested in the kind of men that they are.

Finally, I agree, what the world thinks of as "love" is most often selfish and shallow, nothing at all like the godly/selfless kind of love that the Bible speaks of, that God offers to us, and that we, in turn, are supposed to offer to one another. Godly love is one of the great and most consistent themes in the Bible. In fact, while God is described in a myriad of different ways in the Bible, there are actually only three 'nouns' that do so, and one of those nouns is "love" (God is light, God is spirit, God is love).

Since this is a BIG Biblical topic, I'll stop here, but if you are interested in discussing it further, please let me/us know.

I am screaming in my head right now, where is this god? Where is this "heals the broken-hearted" that he does? If he doesn't answer, I might have to escape somewhere, because I can hardly even think.
Most of the answers (and to a certain degree, many of the blessings) that you seek from God can only be found and obtained from Him by establishing an ongoing, personal relationship with Him (as Father and son), because apart from that you will not be able to understand, accept and/or even believe what He has to say to you (because in the state that you are now in, you cannot understand things from His "spiritual" POV, only from the world's POV, which is VASTLY different than His is).

l'll do my best to tell you/explain to you as much as I can about God (whatever you want to know), and how to best deal with your frustrations and anxiety, but I think that I'll stop here and wait to hear back from you (about the things that I said and asked you above), as I would like to understand a bit more about your specific situation before continuing.

May God bless you as you seek to find Him and come to know Him!!

--Papa Smurf

Last edited:
Reactions: TLHKAJ

Cerraco

Oct 23, 2023
Greenfield
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Hello Cerraco, first off, since I see that you are a new member, WELCOME TO CB :waves:
Thank you.
I'm very sorry to hear about how you were treated on one of the other Christian Forums (and I'm hoping that it was in error somehow). You're here now however, so let's hope that you can finally find (or at least get closer to finding) the answers that you are still looking for :)

If you don't mind me asking (and if it's not too personal), when/how/why did this happen to you?
The error was mostly on my end, but as of this moment, I'm trying to slowly talk my way back in. No idea what their final decision will be. At this very moment, the last message was "Ok, I need to talk to another staffer and will get back to you tomorrow."

Anyway, how it happened was... a massive painful crash of reality. Being 35 with no sexual experience is an extremely looked down upon and toxicly-viewed thing in the world. My visit to the Sosuave forum (one of the coldest, most redpilled forums on Earth) made this very clear to me. I can't stop thinking about it, to the point that it makes me physically sick, and in a half-conscious state due to the energy it drains.

I can't go back in time to my 20's and change anything. I was also not good-looking or popular in school, so I was shy around girls. Especially in high school. Sometimes the world doesn't want you to have something.

Not to sound like a broken record, but again (if you don't mind me asking), why do you hate yourself, and what are you so anxious about?
See above.
It's never too late to change things (if they need to be changed), including yourself, as long as you still have breath in you, that is :Thumbsup:

As far as the Sosuave forum is concerned, are you like the men that you just described above? If not, then my advice would be to just be yourself when dating or looking for someone to date. IOW, find a girl who likes you for you. They really are out there :)
As much as I'd love to believe that. I don't think life quite works out like that. Due to me being in my mid-30's, I'll be behind on... "experience" while everyone else is just fine. Sometimes the world spits out different people.

Yes, I can change and improve myself, but I can't fix the world. I can't make the whole world be open-minded and think beyond what their primitive generic minds think. A woman would rather have someone who's experienced than someone who's not, but could learn. Check the statistics, they're out there.

I also have to sort of take care of my parents, who are both insanely injured and in pain. By the time I get my life together, I'll be maybe 38-40, and then I have to put myself on the market and hope an attractive equal-or-slightly-younger woman comes my way that has the same interests as me AND is okay with me being inexperienced. By that time, she can find a better product. I'm convinced to just drop the whole thing, maybe go to Vegas, "take care of the problem" there and be done with it.

Also, chances are pretty good that if these men are as successful with women as you say that they are (or at least as they claim to be), it's only because the women that they are having success with are interested in the kind of men that they are.
These guys are pickup artists, they have been with 50-70 women. That's not what I want, but I wanted some tips. They roasted me into oblivion, but it was like... all true roasts. That's why it's a redpill forum, they were right.
Finally, I agree, what the world thinks of as "love" is most often selfish and shallow, nothing at all like the godly/selfless kind of love that the Bible speaks of, that God offers to us, and that we, in turn, are supposed to offer to one another. Godly love is one of the great and most consistent themes in the Bible. In fact, while God is described in a myriad of different ways in the Bible, there are actually only three 'nouns' that do so, and one of those nouns is "love" (God is light, God is spirit, God is love).

Since this is a BIG Biblical topic, I'll stop here, but if you are interested in discussing it further, please let me/us know.
I don't think God is very good at his job, assuming he even exists (which it doesn't feel like it). He also puts lamewads like me on the planet. Why do that? Some of us do not fit the world. Why put squares in a circular space? Doesn't fit. Pointless.
Most of the answers (and to a certain degree, many of the blessings) that you seek from God can only be found and obtained from Him by establishing an ongoing, personal relationship with Him (as Father and son), because apart from that you will not be able to understand, accept and/or even believe what He has to say to you (because in the state that you are now in, you cannot understand things from His "spiritual" POV, only from the world's POV, which is VASTLY different than His is).
I have to live in the world. I only know the world. We're all stuck down here, and this invisible dude is chilling up there.
l'll do my best to tell you/explain to you as much as I can about God (whatever you want to know), and how to best deal with your frustrations and anxiety, but I think that I'll stop here and wait to hear back from you (about the things that I said and asked you above), as I would like to understand a bit more about your specific situation before continuing.

May God bless you as you seek to find Him and come to know Him!!

--Papa Smurf
I don't know... I don't think there's a good ending to this story.

Papa Smurf

Jul 6, 2023
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

The error was mostly on my end, but as of this moment, I'm trying to slowly talk my way back in. No idea what their final decision will be. At this very moment, the last message was "Ok, I need to talk to another staffer and will get back to you tomorrow."

Anyway, how it happened was... a massive painful crash of reality. Being 35 with no sexual experience is an extremely looked down upon and toxicly-viewed thing in the world. My visit to the Sosuave forum (one of the coldest, most redpilled forums on Earth) made this very clear to me. I can't stop thinking about it, to the point that it makes me physically sick, and in a half-conscious state due to the energy it drains.

I can't go back in time to my 20's and change anything. I was also not good-looking or popular in school, so I was shy around girls. Especially in high school. Sometimes the world doesn't want you to have something.

See above.

As much as I'd love to believe that. I don't think life quite works out like that. Due to me being in my mid-30's, I'll be behind on... "experience" while everyone else is just fine. Sometimes the world spits out different people.

Yes, I can change and improve myself, but I can't fix the world. I can't make the whole world be open-minded and think beyond what their primitive generic minds think. A woman would rather have someone who's experienced than someone who's not, but could learn. Check the statistics, they're out there.

I also have to sort of take care of my parents, who are both insanely injured and in pain. By the time I get my life together, I'll be maybe 38-40, and then I have to put myself on the market and hope an attractive equal-or-slightly-younger woman comes my way that has the same interests as me AND is okay with me being inexperienced. By that time, she can find a better product. I'm convinced to just drop the whole thing, maybe go to Vegas, "take care of the problem" there and be done with it.

These guys are pickup artists, they have been with 50-70 women. That's not what I want, but I wanted some tips. They roasted me into oblivion, but it was like... all true roasts. That's why it's a redpill forum, they were right.

I don't think God is very good at his job, assuming he even exists (which it doesn't feel like it). He also puts lamewads like me on the planet. Why do that? Some of us do not fit the world. Why put squares in a circular space? Doesn't fit. Pointless.

I have to live in the world. I only know the world. We're all stuck down here, and this invisible dude is chilling up there.

I don't know... I don't think there's a good ending to this story.
Hello again Cerraco, it seems that we may have a lot more to talk about, but I'm afraid that it's going to have to wait until I return tomorrow night (well actually, until tonight, as it's already "tomorrow" here). So, I hope to see you then (Dv).

--Papa Smurf

Cerraco

Oct 23, 2023
Greenfield
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Why is that a bad thing. Sex outside marriage is a sin.
Yikes, then my parents screwed up baaaaaaad. Also, people are often married by this age. Society is the thing that twists this whole thing. What about people who don't have diseases? Shouldn't being clean be praised? We don't have unwanted kids, we don't have STDs, we don't child support payments to make. WE are the clean ones. Why do WE get mocked?

I can't describe this feeling, it really does feel like I'm gonna throw up. I'm blubbering on forums as if it will fix something. I don't know what I'm doing anymore.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, it doesn't seem like you hate yourself completely. If you did, you would agree with every bad thing people said about you and you would not be angry at all, you would be depressed.
So, what I think is that you hate some things about yourself which is good. We are to become aware of sin in our lives and hate it.
That is a good start. "I hate when I do this or say that ... I hate that I hurt this person m... I was rude, selfish ... what was I thinking..."
But the anger is a form of frustration and also a defense mechanism. Well frustration leads to getting angry.
An interesting definition of anger is, the response to not getting your way, what you expect. It could be you invested lots of time to accomplish something and failed. So you may quickly lash out at all other possible reasons or people or yourself. The key is to realize that many failures are part of success. Any successful person would tell you that. But also what we strive for on life may be the wrong things. When we actually get to the place where we thought, " If I have this I'll be happy"; or "If I accomplish this"; or "Get that girl"; or "buy a house", "get this job", "get rich" ... then I'll be happy." But when you finally arrive at where you thought would satisfy you, it's like you arrived at a party that's over, the emptiness / void in you is still there.
Only a relationship with God will fill that void.

You take a defense because you love yourself, because you feel are important and some people you are reaching out to for help dismissed you, banned you.
So you love yourself, which you should, but you hate certain things about yourself. This is a perspective that I think most Christians have in the beginning of their path to God. I have been a Christian for 32 years and still say and do things I do not want to do, that aren't what God would consider Holy or righteous.
Realize none of us are perfect. We will be perfected gradually and then completely after we die and rid ourselves of this flesh - where sin dwells. (That concept will take some time to understand)
First things first.
Godly sorrow draws us to God. This important.
"Attitude is everything!" Chuck Swimdol
Humility accompanies this godly sorrow and opens the door to God and a willingness for change. You are at the point in your life that you are tired of your ways, your path and you are seeking help ... you are crying out ... angry and frustrated. This is a good place to be. Understand that there is a spiritual battle going on for your soul. Imagine two invisible forces trying to pull you in opposite directions. Well that is what is going on. You are reaching out on a Chriatian forum and Satan starts to get busy discouraging you, putting doubts in your head, negative or even hateful thoughts. Realize stuff is going on inside you that you are not aware of. There are spiritual beings that influence your behavior. Being an atheist, this absolutely ridiculous and illogical. Seems that way.
So since godly sorrow opens the door to God, what di you think keeps it closed?
Arrogance and pride. This attitude says, you know it all, while being full of yourself, you are always right and if anyone says different, you twist and distort what they say, deny it, make excuses for your bad behavior, etc. These are defense mechanisms that kick in but have gone too far. We need to defend ourselves when we are innocent. But when we are guilty, we need to fess up, say we are sorry, make good on the damages, pain and suffering we caused.
We feel guilty, because we are.
That is humility.
Humility says we are not better than anyone else. Pride says we are.
Now this is a healthy attitude, loving yourself, self preservation along with this awareness of your sin.
What is sin? Someone once described sin as " remove the s and the n and you get I. My, me, mine, selfish focus. A task to fill your cup at whatever cost. Sin is missing the mark of perfection. We really know when we did something wrong, our conscience convicts us, or is it God convicting us? Both. Our parents taught about what is right and wrong and in society we have laws so we know when we are doing it.
Actually the Ten Commandments gives us a clear understanding of what sin is. Some are vertical commands (concerning our relationship with God) and horizontal commands ( our relationship with others).

Basically the message of Jesus is to LOVE GOD and LOVE OTHERS!
It takes time to learn how yo love. We need help. We need to be forgiven of our sins, transformed into the blindness if Christ, BORN AGAIN.
Then that godly sorrow will turn into JOY, tu JOY IF THE LORD.
Then you will start living.

Doubts -- at this point, you have many. But God will resolve and answer all your questions in time. Be patient. Infants can't run when they are born.
You will experience moments of perfection on occasion, when you do the right thing that is needed at the right time, helping others, or even saying the right words to encourage someone who at that moment needed it. When you do the acts that were planned for you to do by the Holy Spirit - that's perfection. All good things come from God. So know this, that humility and godly sorrow says you are tired being on your throne, the failed director of your destiny and so you are now willing to get off your throne and let Jesus sit there and direct you. Put on His yoke and follow, believe, submit, love and you will be at peace.
This is the peace you are craving. It will remove that anger and frustration, the hate. No more boiling ... just calm cool waters ... ahh.
Faith come by the Word.
Start with the Book of John

Pray! That means just talk to God. Ask, "If you are really there, show me the way, revea yourself to me, help me to understand your word, change me." Or something that like that. The point is, if you really want to seek God, open the door of your heart and let Him. He stands at the door and knocks, if anyone opens the door, He will come in and have a relationship with them. He needs an invitation.
He doesn't force anyone to love Him.
This I believe is our purpose in life, to be reconciled to God through Jesus.
So get yourself a Bible, then find a good teaching church, pray for guidance and He will guide you to eternal salvation.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

@Cerraco said "I hate myself, and hate being an atheist."

Well you don't have to remain an atheist. You don't need to remain separated from God. And you don't need to keep hating yourself.

Do you know that Jesus loves atheists and wants nothing more than for them to come to him in submission; repenting their sin of being an unbeliever and seeking forgiveness. Jesus doesn't want you to hate yourself. He wants to give you self worth and make you new.

Will you accept His invitation to reach out to Him and let Him show you what love is.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What "unseen"?

“While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18)

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
“…they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.” (Jude 1:18-19)
Somehow that verse didn't apply to F2F rejecting the idea of a Christian teaching someone should just "walk away" from the world, like that is going to help! Christ taught to overcome it, its temptations and its lusts. Imagine Christ is his trail, Peter says "Lord, just walk away from it all...retire to the mountains a live a life of solitude!" No! Christ would say, "Crucify the flesh and its lusts!"

To which the Peter would say "Lord. show me how" Galatians 5:24

Maybe you are yet to know yourself?

F2F

Cerraco

Oct 23, 2023
Greenfield
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
“While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18)
So, look forward to God and heaven and all that? If it makes you guys feel any better, atheist or not, I still believe in the existence and horrific trials of Jesus, but do I believe the supernatural parts? Not really. Do I love the guy? Sure, why not?

Even if I "look to the unseen", I still have to life live. It doesn't make the problems go away. I am still surrounded by dolts. By that logic, I might as well coast through this life and just jump to the next one.

Some people believe that you don't need to be a good person to get into heaven, you just need to believe Christ and that's it. Someone should tell them that serial killers would get a free ride because a lot of them believed in Jesus.

Edit: Good news, I've been accepted back into the other Christian Forums. It took a lot of negotiation, charm and self-humbling, but I pulled it off. Don't worry, that doesn't mean I'm gonna ditch this place.

Last edited:

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God doesn't make any mistakes. We mess up at times. Or outsiders leave God out thier lifes.
Dont blame God for our shortcomings.

Psalm chapter 50 . God doesn't listen to prayers of outsiders or false brethren.
There not repenting sins to God and thier spirtualty polluted.

Read acts chapter 3 . Heathen can convert to christianity. They can repent when they become Christian. Get the picture.

Ezekiel chapter 33 . God doesn't want the wicked to end up in hell.
It's up to the heathen, if they will convert to christianity and repentance of sins to God.
Jesus is merciful God. Hes not out to zap people.

But, if the heathen refuses to convert to christianity and repent.
The heathen will go to sheol. It's holding place for the spirtualty dead or wicked.

James chapter 1 . Christian people need to study the bible. How can Christian please God being biblically illiterate.

It's your decision. You can have God's protection and blessings.
Or keep walking in darkness and end up in sheol.

You have to decide for yourself.

Cerraco

Oct 23, 2023
Greenfield
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
But, if the heathen refuses to convert to christianity and repent.
The heathen will go to sheol. It's holding place for the spirtualty dead or wicked.
Well gee, looks like I don't really have a choice. I have to pick this one religion, or I suffer for eternity. There goes that "unconditional love" that God supposedly has.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well gee, looks like I don't really have a choice. I have to pick this one religion, or I suffer for eternity. There goes that "unconditional love" that God supposedly has.
God won't force anyone to love Him. Jesus wants all His children to repent, conform to God's standard.

Sheol is holding place for the spirtualty dead. They will be judged in at end of millennium, judgement day. Revelation chapter 20 to document.

I was heathen until I converted in 2000. I saw the errors of my way.

I lied to people. I hurt people. Abused people. Broke laws.
Read ephesians chapter 4 . The heathen can change from within . Put away the old man, and put on the new man.

It's a renewal of the mind.

I was very hateful person, and very angry, before I converted to christianity in 2000.
Satan had me in Bondage.

Jesus freed me from powers of darkness.

I saw when I converted to christianity, all the wrong things that had to go.

Why end up in sheol. And on judgement day, be judged by your works, and face destruction.

Jesus wants the heathen to convert to christianity and repentance. Jesus wants you in His kingdom. He wants your love and worship.
Satan is the one who is keeping you Bondage. Satan wants company in lake of fire.

As servant of God. I'm pleading with you.
Come to the cross, repent and conform to God's standard.

No one can make this decision my friend, but you.

Peace.