I know I'm new but would you consider joining me in praying 4 my cousin who has Parkinson's?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My condolences to you and your family.
Thank you. Hugs

At the end it was a blessing. His body was drawing up into a little knot. He could no longer speak. He communicated by blinking to yes or no questions .

Now he's with his entire family. Including his beloved cat whom I took care of until one day she started losing weight and the next day wandered off. I found her a week before he passed on.

I'm the last remaining one in the paternal side of the family.

Thank you again.

• Sad
Reactions: amadeus and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. Hugs

At the end it was a blessing. His body was drawing up into a little knot. He could no longer speak. He communicated by blinking to yes or no questions .

Now he's with his entire family. Including his beloved cat whom I took care of until one day she started losing weight and the next day wandered off. I found her a week before he passed on.

I'm the last remaining one in the paternal side of the family.

Thank you again.

Yes, better to be with the Lord and over the suffering of a long illness.

My dad died very suddenly in 1975 of a heart attack. He had previously had open heart surgery when it was new. I think to pass away suddenly or even in one's sleep is best...my thoughts anyhow.

I don't hear from dad's side of the family. I used to phone his sister, my aunt, but she passed away years ago.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, better to be with the Lord and over the suffering of a long illness.

My dad died very suddenly in 1975 of a heart attack. He had previously had open heart surgery when it was new. I think to pass away suddenly or even in one's sleep is best...my thoughts anyhow.

I don't hear from dad's side of the family. I used to phone his sister, my aunt, but she passed away years ago.
That's how it is with the extended maternal side of my family.

Many have passed on. And they weren't all that close to begin with. I was about 5 when I found out I had grandparents and aunts and uncles on mom's side.

Then a few years later her parents were killed by a drunk driver who also died, and after that the family just stayed to themselves.

I too think it better to pass in our sleep. Prayfully having no pain and in the midst of a wonderful dream.

I don't want a funeral. I want to be cremated and set free in the midst of spring blooming flowers and trees here on my property.

No wake either. Just remember the good times and do something good for others on the day my ashes are set free. That's enough for me.

My cousin didn't want an open casket but his PoA insisted.
It's just not the same,seeing that wax like figure in a box as the last time we see him.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't want a funeral. I want to be cremated and set free in the midst of spring blooming flowers and trees here on my property.

No wake either. Just remember the good times and do something good for others on the day my ashes are set free. That's enough for me.

No funeral for us either. No family here. Also, I have no idea where my body will end up...not worried about that though. Mom has a burial plot where my dad's grave is.

***In case anyone is interested: My uncle gave his body to ScienceCare (doctors' research). They picked his body up, handled everything involved.... afterwards they delivered his cremated body to one of his nieces. Everything free.

No cost or effort. The only thing my mom needed to do as his closest relative was to "sign" a couple of e-documents that came on my tablet.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No funeral for us either. No family here. Also, I have no idea where my body will end up...not worried about that though. Mom has a burial plot where my dad's grave is.

***In case anyone is interested: My uncle gave his body to ScienceCare (doctors' research). They picked his body up, handled everything involved.... afterwards they delivered his cremated body to one of his nieces. Everything free.

No cost or effort. The only thing my mom needed to do as his closest relative was to "sign" a couple of e-documents that came on my tablet.
What a great idea. Through death,compassion.

If our remains can help others survive what a wonderful legacy.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a great idea. Through death,compassion.

If our remains can help others survive what a wonderful legacy.

Also, my uncle didn't want to create a financial hardship on anyone so I think he donated his body to ScienceCare mainly for that reason.

He had cancer all throughout his body plus kidney disease. He had no pain and died peacefully in his sleep.

They only discovered the cancer when he had a slight stroke and was taken to the hospital. One of his nieces then took him in and he died about two and a half months later.

He sounded very happy living with her and her husband and kids and dogs.