I regret getting into IT...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha. Indeed, the teacher liked that game too because they had it installed but hidden so the students don’t see it. Lol
She could have Zipped it with a password I suppose if it was the old DOS days.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She could have Zipped it with a password I suppose if it was the old DOS days.

Yes she could have and that’s one of the functions I learned in that class but for some reason she left it without a password and maybe thought that by hiding the directory a few levels deep would be enough. Lol

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes she could have and that’s one of the functions I learned in that class but for some reason she left it without a password and maybe thought that by hiding the directory a few levels deep would be enough. Lol
Oh, so it wasn't a hidden directory then. Yeah that is kind naive to just leave something so enjoyable out for children to get into.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, so it wasn't a hidden directory then. Yeah that is kind naive to just leave something so enjoyable out for children to get into.

Yeah exactly, the folder didn’t even have the Hidden property she just buried it somewhere in the windows folder if I remember correctly. She figured that the students wouldn’t know or bother to browse and check things out. Lol
This brings back memories. Back then, for me …. This was simply amazing. Too cool for words.
E6768B72-5330-4271-B899-2DAB57445A1B.png

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I studied Microsoft IT and I didn't like it. It's proprietary to Microsoft and their OS which changes every year. I had another technical job that I liked more and did that instead up until I couldn't work anymore.
When I was laid off from a lucrative semiconductor "cleanroom" career, I was thinking of going into computer repair, upgrade and service and even going back to classes (in my mid 40's). In the meantime, I got just a job at another smaller semiconductor place and as time went on, I realized that although I called taking that job "the biggest career mistake of my life", it must have been the Lord's doing because as time went on I realized that most of the repair is not hardware (and not even hardware upgrades) but the software from Microsoft. People were getting viruses at the simple drop of a hat with multiple viruses on their computers. I knew that people in general were not that dumb, but it was the Microsoft. Had I built or sold a Linux system, I'd never see (nor repair) such a system like that again until 10-15 years later when they trashed it for a newer model. I then realized how miserable I would have been constantly fixing irky, smirky, jerky Bill Gate's systems that should not even be called an operating system. I hate when people are patronized like that as if it's normal. It's not. As for my job now, I'm retiring in two years and the place is closing like my old place. It's STILL a mistake (from my stance) but far better than dealing with Microsoft failing day in and day out. It would get me so angry I'd be in the hospital's W6.

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I did an IT class in High School, and it was a nightmare. it was fun sometimes, like the time i disassembled and reassembled a computer, or the big feast we had that one time, or that time we installed old OSes on a computer, but it wasn't fun most of the time. I honestly wish i took up the culinary arts class instead.
Details? Why exactly do you regret getting into IT?