I repent....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
No doubt there is evil that will be punished by God and the time is coming soon. My fear has been misplaced and I am really concerned about other issues that surround me and drag me to sorrow. I appreciate your scriptures especially 1 John 4:18. It really opened my eyes so I took it to prayer and have come to a better understanding. Please forgive me for being misleading. It has occurred to me the Truth is I am more afraid for my children and it scares me badly when I consider that Jesus may return anytime now. For a truth though it's that mortal fear that leads us on the true path to the love of God. I do believe that, but there comes a much happier time.Forgive me, Ronnie P.S. I still believe God created evil, but He surely does not choose it. And although His works at times seem evil in the hearts and minds of men He is just being the same righteous God as always.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(cronnie36;49282)
No doubt there is evil that will be punished by God and the time is coming soon. My fear has been misplaced and I am really concerned about other issues that surround me and drag me to sorrow. I appreciate your scriptures especially 1 John 4:18. It really opened my eyes so I took it to prayer and have come to a better understanding. Please forgive me for being misleading. It has occurred to me the Truth is I am more afraid for my children and it scares me badly when I consider that Jesus may return anytime now. For a truth though it's that mortal fear that leads us on the true path to the love of God. I do believe that, but there comes a much happier time.Forgive me, Ronnie P.S. I still believe God created evil, but He surely does not choose it. And although His works at times seem evil in the hearts and minds of men He is just being the same righteous God as always.
You are forgiven for trying to mislead the innocent souls on here. You know I can only love you.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cronnie one more passage for you.Proverbs 22:4-6
By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life. Thorns and snares are in the way of the froward: he that doth keep his soul shall be far from them. Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Teach 'em to keep their souls, but they'll have to understand on their own. Some teach by fear but I would submit that teaching by fear alone is not the only thing a child should ever see of Father. Teach them that as we develop that reverence - and I use reverence because the emotion of fear is a part of reverence - we come to deeper understanding of his persona.Proverbs 25:2
It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.
I can personally attest to this. There is absolutely nothing better than knowing the love of YHVH. There is nothing better than knowing that wrath will never touch you despite all of my daily mistakes and failures. It truly is the wisdom of kings.

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
It still frightens me when I've fallen to sin. I can't even eat properly nor function well when I've sinned. I especially feel unworthy of even mentioning Him. Not out of total fear but mostly sickness at my sin and the fact that I can not take it back,it's scary too because sin weakens me and if I am not careful I could shipwreck my faith.The The thought of His wrath does frighten me and it prods me to follow His commandments and seek forgiveness, I also love Him and revere Him because He is awesome and even though He is of tender mercy we don't always deserve or get that.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(cronnie36;49282)
It's very respectable for you to say this. All I can say, is that I really do know where you are right now, and I have been there. We must come to the epiphany... the realization that it is truly, wholly, 100 percent not by any work of our own that we attain salvation or favor in His site. It is by His work alone... and He is perfect in everything He does. Not only perfect, but He knew what He was doing before He did it, and I trust Him for that. Rather than justify myself with my works, which I cannot, I look to the cross and believe.Should we greive when we sin? Yes, and I believe that is right in tune with the heart of Jesus. Should we condemn ourselves? God forbid. We should not condemn ourselves, because He has not condemned us. Actually, condemning ourselves only shows a *lack of trust* in His work and what HE HAS DONE for us. Rather than belief, it is disbelief.It wasn't until I finally, after much pain and suffering over my own sin, had the epiphany that it was by His grace alone... and His work on the cross was sufficient... that I stopped suffering for my own sin, and accepted that Jesus suffered enough for me. I looked to the cross again, and believed... It is finished.

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
(treeoflife;49320)
It's very respectable for you to say this. All I can say, is that I really do know where you are right now, and I have been there. We must come to the epiphany... the realization that it is truly, wholly, 100 percent not by any work of our own that we attain salvation or favor in His site. It is by His work alone... and He is perfect in everything He does. Not only perfect, but He knew what He was doing before He did it, and I trust Him for that. Rather than justify myself with my works, which I cannot, I look to the cross and believe.Should we greive when we sin? Yes, and I believe that is right in tune with the heart of Jesus. Should we condemn ourselves? God forbid. We should not condemn ourselves, because He has not condemned us. Actually, condemning ourselves only shows a *lack of trust* in His work and what HE HAS DONE for us. Rather than belief, it is disbelief.It wasn't until I finally, after much pain and suffering over my own sin, had the epiphany that it was by His grace alone... and His work on the cross was sufficient... that I stopped suffering for my own sin, and accepted that Jesus suffered enough for me. I looked to the cross again, and believed... It is finished.
My fear for my own sin has more to do with reverence and a sickness at my own shortcomings. In my walk I am not perfect but I trust Jesus will bestow righteousness upon us so that we can be made perfect because we are not yet. I fear tremendously for my children who are unrepentant. I worry that I may see His coming and have to see fear and terror in them because of their surprise. It scares me to consider such things. I brought these kids into the world and taught them to live atrociously, sinful self indulgent hateful and without fear just as I raised them. That scares me too! I pray not only that I am saved and accounted worthy, but I pray daily and often for them because we are not promised even another second. And when I hear the hatred and see the sickness in their lives I not only fear for them it makes me sadder than just about anything.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(treeoflife;49326)
3 John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Amen, treeoflife.Cronnie...Let tomorrow take care of itself. For we should not be worried at all, but after all we are humans.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(cronnie36;49324)
My fear for my own sin has more to do with reverence and a sickness at my own shortcomings. In my walk I am not perfect but I trust Jesus will bestow righteousness upon us so that we can be made perfect because we are not yet. I fear tremendously for my children who are unrepentant. I worry that I may see His coming and have to see fear and terror in them because of their surprise. It scares me to consider such things. I brought these kids into the world and taught them to live atrociously, sinful self indulgent hateful and without fear just as I raised them. That scares me too! I pray not only that I am saved and accounted worthy, but I pray daily and often for them because we are not promised even another second. And when I hear the hatred and see the sickness in their lives I not only fear for them it makes me sadder than just about anything.
i remember a couple months ago I was washing dishes, when I saw two logs of wood in my neighbors yard shaped like a cross. And staring at those two logs I was reminded of the nails driven into my saviors hands and feet, and I was reminded of the torment He went through. And I was reminded of what he said " Father forgive them, for they do not know what they do.I simply broke down and cried. Cronnie, Our God is a Just God, there is no doubt. And he deserves the highest state of reverence. But I find that the clearest trait of Our God is his mercy. Mercy enough to Send his son down on the earth to die. To die for your two kids. To die for you. to die for the world. GOD dies for us. The Yahweh, The great IAM, The most high, humiliated himself so much, that not only did he come down to earth to live among sinners. he died for them.How can we see that God and believe in a hateful and vengeful God. We cannot. He has forgiven You, indeed he says to you " get up and walk" And he is ready to open the door to your children when they walkyour brother in Christ Ryan Fitz

Nyoka

Mar 26, 2008
(Letsgofishing;49378)
i remember a couple months ago I was washing dishes, when I saw two logs of wood in my neighbors yard shaped like a cross. And staring at those two logs I was reminded of the nails driven into my saviors hands and feet, and I was reminded of the torment He went through. And I was reminded of what he said " Father forgive them, for they do not know what they do.I simply broke down and cried. Cronnie, Our God is a Just God, there is no doubt. And he deserves the highest state of reverence. But I find that the clearest trait of Our God is his mercy. Mercy enough to Send his son down on the earth to die. To die for your two kids. To die for you. to die for the world. GOD dies for us. The Yahweh, The great IAM, The most high, humiliated himself so much, that not only did he come down to earth to live among sinners. he died for them.How can we see that God and believe in a hateful and vengeful God. We cannot. He has forgiven You, indeed he says to you " get up and walk" And he is ready to open the door to your children when they walkyour brother in Christ Ryan Fitz
Sooo True Ryan. God's love has two sides: mercy and justice. Justice was fulfilled when Jesus died on the cross for us. Mercy was given when Jesus rose again in full victory. We can now accept His mercy when we turn to God or accept His justice at the judgment. God will be there for your children. PCronnie36 pray to God for your children and thank Him for bringing them to Him even if everything looks the same.

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
(cronnie36;49313)
It still frightens me when I've fallen to sin. I can't even eat properly nor function well when I've sinned. I especially feel unworthy of even mentioning Him. Not out of total fear but mostly sickness at my sin and the fact that I can not take it back,it's scary too because sin weakens me and if I am not careful I could shipwreck my faith.The The thought of His wrath does frighten me and it prods me to follow His commandments and seek forgiveness, I also love Him and revere Him because He is awesome and even though He is of tender mercy we don't always deserve or get that.
Boy are you fortunate eh? God wins any "slow to anger" contest hands down. You have to work, HARD to make Him angry. You should read the following article:http://www.bible.org/page.php?page_id=236 8 The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. 9 He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever; 10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. 11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; 12 as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. 13 As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him; 14 for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust. Psalms 103:8-14

thisistheendtimes

Mar 3, 2008
cronnie36,God is light, meaning He brings everything into the light and shows it for what it really is (good/right or evil/wrong). His spirit will also teach us a clear and refined difference between right and wrong (Hebrews 5:14). Jesus did not come to cause 'peace of mind' in everyone who would rather just continue doing whatever they want regardless of it's merit, He came to create a division in everybody's mind between good and evil (Luke 12:51). There couldn't be "GOOD" if there were no opposite/contrast, in other words, there HAS TO BE EVIL, but God doesn't CAUSE evil to HAPPEN/occur, neither does satan,...PEOPLE do (by each person's own freewill conscience, Philemon verse 14).Isaiah 45:7 in the KJVI form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things].(other versions change the meaning).This verse means that God creates/allows a CONTRAST/opposite to exist (just like He said "LET there be light", He didn't say there HAS TO BE constant light). More explicitly, this verse means He creates THE DISTINCTION between good and evil (I only came to this thread at your post of 5-14, 2008 and don't know what you were misleading about, you are very insightful). Everything BEFORE the spirit was given, John 7:39 (all worship habits, ancient scriptures, and names of God) are not valid worship/devotion for the New Testament Christian (except the Father's name FOREVER ("I am who I am", Exodus 3:14). TRUE worshipers (John 4:23) will worship in spirit and truth, but those outside the body of Christ will find a "strong delusion" in the parables (Matthew 13:13, 2 Thessalonians 2:10) because they refuse to love the objective truth.The true worshiper will "walk by the SPIRIT" (Galatians 5:16 and 25), not 'walk by faith', and read the introductory doctrine of Jesus (Hebrews 6:1), which is the "WORD OF TRUTH" (2 Timothy 2:15, Ephesians 1:13, John 14:6) and learn to make a CLEAR division between right and wrong (as with a sword) so that the change from good to evil is clear and sudden (with no middle ground, "no variation or shadow", James 1:17). The "SWORD OF THE SPIRIT" (Ephesians 6:17) is the word of God that we should live by (Matthew 4:4) and we should do the works of God according to John 6:28 and 29 so that we can be justified IN CHRIST (1 Corinthians 6:11, Galatians 2:16) as a GIFT (not subject to repayment,...as if it were possible). As our love should be made PERFECT (NO fear of God, 1 John 4:18, God is not a punisher, He will "repay" at the FINAL judgement). We are to love Him with every fiber of our being (Mark 12:30, leaving no room for fear). Fearing God is a commandment of MAN (Isaiah 29:13). TRUE worshipers know God as "ABBA FATHER" (Romans 8:15, Galatians 4:6), not as a 'taskmaster' and will be "FRIEND of God" (James 2:23), not 'slave/servant'.Which message you take from scripture is up to you (your soul is at stake), but maybe your children would be more responsive to a gentler, kinder view of God. Maybe they object to "SELF abasement" (Colossians 2:18 and 23). We are to have a clear sense of "SELF" so that Jesus can ALSO have a personal relationship with US.If you learn to be a true worshiper, your children will learn from you.'Churches' (there is only ONE true church,...the body of Christ) cannot teach TRUE worship (TRUE Christianity), they were built on MONEY666, let God's spirit be your teacher.TRUE Christianity is NOT a 'FAITH', it is is a LOVE.The bible did not die on the cross, neither did the BODY of Christ. We have a kinship in the body of Christ, but do not SHOW partiality (special treatment) to the brethren or anyone (Luke 20:21, James 2:1 and 2:9). GOD doesn't need money (or anything, He is not needy).Be transformed into a new creation by the renewal of your MIND (Romans 12:2).All verses are from the RSV except Isaiah 45:7 from the KJV.