Removed Thread.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I feel your pain.

Part of the solution is acknowledging that your sin is always going to bring you down (no matter how long you live).

If you can accept that, then you can receive Word from the Holy Spirit, about that which is to come (the good stuff).

You still need to avoid being attracted to the things of this world - but the Holy Spirit can help you with that too.

I am not trying to steer you away from the negativity in your life, but remind you there is a way beyond it.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't understand why you think I'm not acknowledging my sin. I believe that all Christians sin most of the time. Not in big ways of course. But in small ways inside one's head.
I'm not saying "you haven't acknowledged your sin", I am saying "all of us are going to feel down about our sin, no matter how old we get" - its about learning to trust God with a response to our sin, instead of trying to "make it go away" in our own strength.

One day it will be gone (the sin), but in the moment we are in now, it is up to the Holy Spirit to remind us of this.

Just like the fear of God, will one day turn out to be a blessing, you need to hang in there, bro!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been facing the possibility that I will never ever get married. I've also been fading the possibility that my life will never get better. I am facing the possibility that I will never have any friends until the day I die. I am facing the possibility that some day I might end up out on the street. Dying from starvation and lack of medication. Who knows. I am trying to get myself to be content with these negative things hanging over my head. Please pray for me, because there has been nothing that I can do to fix my situation.
First, take the focus off of yourself. Keep your eyes on Jesus, speak life over yourself, put your mind in submission to the Holy Spirit.
Daily give Him praise and thanks for what He is doing in and through you. Don't cast fear and doubt on what God has purposed for you....
“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
— 2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV)

Heavenly Father, Almighty God, who is worthy of all Praise, Honor and Glory....
I lift my brother up before you and lay him upon your alter of prayer to ask your Will be done in his life. I ask that you put a hedge of protection around his mind and keep the enemy from putting fear and doubt in it. I also ask that you cause supernatural encounters and put the right people in his path who will encourage and lift him up. The Lord rebuke you Satan and your demons of fear, doubt, and worry. Spirit of oppression let loose your chains of bondage and in Jesus name he will be set free.
The truth sets us free....Jesus you said you are the way, the truth and the life...open his eyes to see and his ears to hear.
I thank you Father for hearing and answering this humble prayer....
In Jesus name I pray...Amen

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I've been facing the possibility that I will never ever get married. I've also been fading the possibility that my life will never get better. I am facing the possibility that I will never have any friends until the day I die. I am facing the possibility that some day I might end up out on the street. Dying from starvation and lack of medication. Who knows. I am trying to get myself to be content with these negative things hanging over my head. Please pray for me, because there has been nothing that I can do to fix my situation.
Cast all your cares to Jesus for he cares for you. He said seek first his kingdom and all your needs will be added to you. Don't worry about what you will eat and drink and what clothes you'll wear because the Father knows our needs even before we ask for it.

Psalm 37:25 KJV
I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

If you need a friend to talk to, feel free to reach out!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have battled with fears throughout my life, anxiety is a close friend that keeps tagging along.
What I am learning is that contentment with ourselves is only achieved when we are content in The Lord and trust in him for what lies ahead. It’s a process. I guess it’s about accepting that in the moment this is what I have, this is what I don’t have and asking the Lord for assurance ,trust and faith. I have faith in some things, but I still need to pray for more faith and trust in the areas where I doubt and feel uncertain.
I started to journal many years ago , they became places where I can express my deepest pains, hurts, fears ect and I have turned them into conversations with the Lord because the words come from my heart. I am real and honest.
No matter how people respond the only way you will find the answers for you personally are with the Lord because he is the only one that truly knows everything about you and your circumstances.
I haven’t always got what I desired or wanted but looking back Romans 8:28 has proved to be one of the verse I now trust in completely.
I am so sorry that you are feeling the way you do xxxxxxxx
Rita

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please pray for me

You have my prayers.

But consider:

“…we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:16-18)

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please pray for me, because there has been nothing that I can do to fix my situation.
So, faithfully do the best you can with the things you CAN do, and trust God with the rest.

Not very helpful, I guess. It was the best I could come up with.

I did say a prayer for you, because something about your situation touches my heart.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for you!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I guess I could start a prayer request asking for help in learning to praise. I've always had problems with praise for some reason. I don't know why.
You could try putting on a CD or a Christian radio or TV station and singing along.

Reactions: Lambano

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say some of your concerns are more important than others. No one wants to end up on the street. However, I don't know why you are so eager to get married. I don't want to get married. As for friends, the Lord is our friend. Paul tells us to pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I listen to Christian Music all the time. I believe that praise comes from the heart and not merely from the words you sing.
I agree, but as you sing along or even just listen doesn't your heart feel lifted? And bear in mind not all Christian music is praise music- much of it is prayer. You tube is a good source if you type in praise and you also get the lyrics. As somebody used to say 'Think happy thoughts about Jesus' lift your hand and just tell god how wonderful he is and thank him for your life and your new spiritual life and for all his blessings. As the old song says, 'Count you blessings one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done.' And even if you can't think of any other song of praise there is always 'How Great Thou Art.' And if you have the gift of tongues that's another option, singing in tongues is lovely and takes the pressure off as God gives you the words. If you think you are defeated then you will be. Jesus gave you the victory and enables you to be an overcomer.

sheariah07

Feb 2, 2023
Valenzuela
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I guess I could start a prayer request asking for help in learning to praise. I've always had problems with praise for some reason. I don't know why.
The good thing brother is you're honest about it. When we acknowledge our weaknesses to God, he will fill us with his strength. He said blessed are those who long for righteousness because they will be filled, blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. You just have to observe and check deep within your heart if you're either being pretentious or not. You already acknowledged your weakness, now you only have to ask the Lord Jesus to fill you with praises to him, genuine praises that the Father would be pleased because he seeks those who will worship him in spirit and in truth.

Isaiah 57:19
I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the Lord ; and I will heal him.

The truth is that we can try learning to praise him, but we really can't. That's the whole point of the scriptures. We can't, God can. It's impossible for me, it's possible for God.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that's a great idea, because I have the same problem. For some reason, most praise strikes me as being contrived. Or maybe the praise of flawed human beings like me for an infinite and incomprehensible God seems totally inadequate.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could try putting on a CD or a Christian radio or TV station and singing along.
I like your idea, Pearl. Sometimes when I can't find the words in myself, I can find them in others' music.

(For some reason, I had the urge to sing Amazing Grace out loud the other night while walking to my car at about 11 pm. Didn't realize there was someone walking behind me until I got to the fifth verse.)

• Haha
Reactions: Pearl and Nancy

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to do more then just sing songs of praise. I want to live praise. To me that is really praise and worship for the lord. ....That is why I ask for prayer! I'm asking God to change my heart and mind, to make them go in His direction. Music and even the Bible won't do that. They can add information to me, and I can feel the desire to be better. But that in of it's self doesn't completely change me.
Heavenly Father, did you hear the cry of that man's heart?

Reactions: Pearl and Nancy