I was given to me a thorn in the flesh

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

christs-love

Sep 23, 2011
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, I had it for over thirty years, in my flesh I suffered terrible, i’m writing a book at the moment about it, when I decided to write, a lot of what happened to me I was going to miss out. And God said to me tell every thing of what happened to you, and God told me it must be well written.

I have trouble spelling and writing sentences, when the book is finished I’m going to a ghost writer so it’s well written.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont know if the all inclusive francis led religoin is a thorn in my flesh
but its definitely a pain to see it . We should stick to claiming CHRIST as the only means of salvation .
that if one will confess HIM by mouth and believe from the heart that GOD has rose Him from the dead , YE shall be saved .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 12:11
[11]And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 12:11
[11]And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Witness the power of the name of JESUS . THE news didnt catch something . But i sure did .
Someone knew exactly WHO to turn too .
JUST watch this . And notice the demon in whom the man was could not resist the power of that name .
IT GOT UP and Let her go and went to do its work elswhere on that train . I KNOW we just witnessed
the power of CHRIST at work in one who does believe and called upon the ONLY name that has demons to tremble .

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, I had it for over thirty years, in my flesh I suffered terrible, i’m writing a book at the moment about it, when I decided to write, a lot of what happened to me I was going to miss out. And God said to me tell every thing of what happened to you, and God told me it must be well written.

I have trouble spelling and writing sentences, when the book is finished I’m going to a ghost writer so it’s well written.

Claiming that is close akin to claiming one is chosen like Apostle Paul, who actually DID... have a messenger from Satan that God sent to buffet him all through his life...

2 Cor 12:7-10
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9 And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
KJV

Even if I did have a 'thorn in the side' like Apostle Paul, I would never claim the words Paul said about his thorn in the side that was given him. That would be too much like comparing myself to Paul's Commission which Jesus gave him directly per Acts 9!

christs-love

Sep 23, 2011
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Claiming that is close akin to claiming one is chosen like Apostle Paul, who actually DID... have a messenger from Satan that God sent to buffet him all through his life...

2 Cor 12:7-10
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9 And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
KJV

Even if I did have a 'thorn in the side' like Apostle Paul, I would never claim the words Paul said about his thorn in the side that was given him. That would be too much like comparing myself to Paul's Commission which Jesus gave him directly per Acts 9!

I’m a nobody, I am sorry if I offered you, but the only way I can describe it a thorn in my flesh and counting I’ve still got it, 4 years before I had a thorn in my flesh I had a supernatural encounter, I was told God is with you.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Can you tell us what kind of thorn? Is it a pain affliction or spiritual harassment from Satan? Or something else?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m a nobody, I am sorry if I offered you, but the only way I can describe it a thorn in my flesh and counting I’ve still got it, 4 years before I had a thorn in my flesh I had a supernatural encounter, I was told God is with you.

Then you should definitely pray to The Father through His Son Jesus Christ about it. I will too.