I wonder where this might lead...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are mixing your beasts. It is the first beast from the sea of Revelation 13 that is worshipped, and it is the beast from the earth that enforces that worship. If the second beast enforces worship of the first beast then they are contemporary. If that first beast is a composite of all the four previous beasts, which it is, then those four original beasts are also contemporaneously coexisting within the psyche and principles espoused by both political/religious systems which the beasts represent.

So, throwing the entire scenario into the distant future tears apart the whole character and nature and identity of all the participants in the play. And you are doing this totally despite the fact that those two beasts, powers, are playing out their respective roles in front of your face right now and fully in accordance to prophecy.

For Babylon to exist, it doesn't mean she had to occupy the same territory... In fact, all the actors in the drama are now global spiritual entities... Not local political ones.

The King of the North is a global spiritual power... Not the political ruler of Russia. Israel is the global church... Not the local political power. And those will be the only two players left in the drama. The only player/beast/power yet to be gobbled up by the global apostasy is that second beast, and as soon as that one fully surrenders its sovereignty to the first beast and coerces the world into the false counterfeit worship of the first beast, then only two powers remain... One representing the devil, the other representing Christ. Babylon and Israel.

But Babylon is not now what Jeremiah saw. Babylon is in disguise. The devil is all about deception. The secret societies... The UN.... the Empire of the Prince of this world is Babylon. Which is why the Christian message is to come out of her... Come out of the world. And it's message for today. Not a1000 years’ time. Read Revelation 14:6-12. That's the gospel... And it's for today.

Well it seems that you re also missing the 1,000 year gap before Daniel 7:19.

Wow. It is there for you to see but your eyes have been blinded so that you miss seeing the time gap before verse 19 at the end of Daniel 7:1-18 and have not associated Daniel 7:19-17 with Revelation 11:7-10, 13:1-18, 19:19-22. Now in Daniel 7:19 speaks of a four facetted beast, that is made up from the four beasts of Daniel 7:1-12, which are judged and dispatched into the bottomless pit for many days to await their judgement, (Isaiah 24:21-22), which is locked shut for 1,000 years, before it is unlocked and Satan, the false Prophet and the four facetted beast, is able to rise up out of the bottomless pit as if they have arisen out of the earth in a final battle to win/overpower all of the hearts of the people of the earth, alive during the final few years of the Millennium Age.

You also deny Revelation 16:17-21 has been playing out since the beginning of WW1.

Revelation 16:17-21: - 17 Then the seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, "It is done!" 18 And there were noises and thunderings and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake/turmoil, such a mighty and great earthquake/turmoil as had not occurred since men were on the earth. 19 Now the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell. And great Babylon was remembered before God, to give her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of His wrath. 20 Then every island fled away, and the mountains were not found. 21 And great hail from heaven fell upon men, each hailstone about the weight of a talent. Men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail, since that plague was exceedingly great.​

It is the first bowl of God’s wrath of the seven bowls to be poured out in the Revelation 16 prophecies, with the bowls being put out in the reverse order to that which is given in this chapter, with the first bowl mentioned in verse 2 being poured out after the conclusion of the prophecies in Revelation 13.

Now the first beast mentioned in Revelation 13, is the same beast mentioned in Revelation 11:7 that rise up out of the Bottomless Pit. It then stirs up the sea of humanity to make for itself an army to go out to make war on the saints.

Yes Revelation 16:12-21 is presently unfolding during this present time period with the Six and Seven Bowl of God’s wrath still has some ways to go before they are finished.

Your claim that Jeremiah did not see what Babylon has become today is an expressed opinion to justify your position that the land of Babylon is no longer the land of Babylon.

Your bias against the RCC and your conspiracy theories concerning the UN etc. and your timeline when the prophecies in Revelation 13 take place means that your understanding is not in line with the scriptures or even the realities of this present time.

You sir are the presenter of false theories and are misleading many astray.

Shalom

Heavenbound

Oct 26, 2019
Nj
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Philip James ignoring the elephant in the room will result in a mountain of poop in all the wrong places. Justifying idolatry by turning to post apostolic writers and philosophers is placing them in the place of the authority of God's word. But hey, that's precisely what Catholicism is all about, which is why it is impossible to compare it with Christianity as they come from completely different set of foundation.

Lot of idolatry in RC

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Heavenbound

Oct 26, 2019
Nj
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'm curious how you might know for sure that they did not originate in you? The emo part i agree, not that that makes it any more or less true lol
I’m curious about your handle there ? Groper on a Christian forum ? At first I thought it was Grover... but Groper?

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heavenbound said:
I’m curious about your handle there ? Groper on a Christian forum ? At first I thought it was Grover... but Groper?
a ref to Acts 17:27 :)
that i would prefer to change now, dont know how
It is a little sad that we sometimes spend so much time immersed in searching the darker parts of our culture for "evil", that we can no longer comprehend certain words in their original form.

Ex: A vision impaired man gropes his way, uncertainly, across an empty ballroom floor, though it is brightly lit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen
B

brakelite

Well it seems that you re also missing the 1,000 year gap before Daniel 7:19.

Wow. It is there for you to see but your eyes have been blinded so that you miss seeing the time gap before verse 19 at the end of Daniel 7:1-18 and have not associated Daniel 7:19-17 with Revelation 11:7-10, 13:1-18, 19:19-22. Now in Daniel 7:19 speaks of a four facetted beast, that is made up from the four beasts of Daniel 7:1-12, which are judged and dispatched into the bottomless pit for many days to await their judgement, (Isaiah 24:21-22), which is locked shut for 1,000 years, before it is unlocked and Satan, the false Prophet and the four facetted beast, is able to rise up out of the bottomless pit as if they have arisen out of the earth in a final battle to win/overpower all of the hearts of the people of the earth, alive during the final few years of the Millennium Age.

You also deny Revelation 16:17-21 has been playing out since the beginning of WW1.

Revelation 16:17-21: - 17 Then the seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, "It is done!" 18 And there were noises and thunderings and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake/turmoil, such a mighty and great earthquake/turmoil as had not occurred since men were on the earth. 19 Now the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell. And great Babylon was remembered before God, to give her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of His wrath. 20 Then every island fled away, and the mountains were not found. 21 And great hail from heaven fell upon men, each hailstone about the weight of a talent. Men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail, since that plague was exceedingly great.​

It is the first bowl of God’s wrath of the seven bowls to be poured out in the Revelation 16 prophecies, with the bowls being put out in the reverse order to that which is given in this chapter, with the first bowl mentioned in verse 2 being poured out after the conclusion of the prophecies in Revelation 13.

Now the first beast mentioned in Revelation 13, is the same beast mentioned in Revelation 11:7 that rise up out of the Bottomless Pit. It then stirs up the sea of humanity to make for itself an army to go out to make war on the saints.

Yes Revelation 16:12-21 is presently unfolding during this present time period with the Six and Seven Bowl of God’s wrath still has some ways to go before they are finished.

Your claim that Jeremiah did not see what Babylon has become today is an expressed opinion to justify your position that the land of Babylon is no longer the land of Babylon.

Your bias against the RCC and your conspiracy theories concerning the UN etc. and your timeline when the prophecies in Revelation 13 take place means that your understanding is not in line with the scriptures or even the realities of this present time.

You sir are the presenter of false theories and are misleading many astray.

Shalom
That fourth beast, Rome, of Daniel 7:19 is the fourth beast of the previously mentioned four beasts.
The four faceted composite beast of revelation 13 is the little horn of Daniels fourth beast, now emerging from the sea as a beast in its own right. All grown up. Not a little horn any longer, but one having ten horns just like it's daddy. The dragon.
And you shouldn't really say things such add this...
You sir are the presenter of false theories and are misleading many astray....
Because it may just one day come back and bite you in the bum.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because it may just one day come back and bite you in the bum.

But your justification is that I may be bitten on the bum by what I write. I know that what I write is from the scriptures and is not the thinking of 100 plus years ago as presented by the SDA's of which you are a member.

Perhaps what you have written will come back and bite you on your bum and I have nothing to worry about.

Shalom

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what was going on in the Vatican with those pagan images? I ignore the story when I first saw it. Then I finally got curious and clicked on the story about the guy who picked them up and threw them into the Tiber River. It shocked me more than any other recent news about the Catholic Church. I applaud the guy who threw them away. I see him as a good Catholic. It reminded me of Jesus who wasn't afraid to take strong action in the Temple.

Austrian Catholic: Why I Threw Pachamama Statues into the Tiber

Alexander Tschugguel, a 26-year-old Austrian Catholic convert from Lutheranism who has worked for the pro-life movement in his country, revealed himself Nov. 4 to be the person behind throwing the Pachamama idols into the Tiber River during the Synod of Bishops on the Pan-Amazon Region.

Tschugguel, who had been in Rome at the beginning of the Amazon Synod, was disturbed by seeing indigenous people bowing down to the statuettes in the Vatican Gardens. He flew to Rome to carry out what he saw as a correction of a grievous breach of the First Commandment that had upset many faithful Catholics.

According to CNA, the statues, which were identical carved images of a naked pregnant Amazonian woman, had been displayed in the Carmelite church of Santa Maria in Traspontina, close to the Vatican, and used in several events, rituals, and expression of spirituality taking place during the Oct. 6-27 synod.

Pope Francis issued an apology Oct. 25 asking forgiveness from those who were offended by the “Pachamama” statues being thrown into the Tiber River, and said that they had been displayed in the church “without idolatrous intentions.”

What was Pope Francis thinking in the first place by allowing such images? It's fine to say the intentions hadn't been idolatrous; but what were the original intentions then? No one saw people bowing to them? Why didn't someone in authority do something to stop it? I think Francis should apologize for having them in the Vatican to begin with.

Reactions: Helen
B

brakelite

So what was going on in the Vatican with those pagan images? I ignore the story when I first saw it. Then I finally got curious and clicked on the story about the guy who picked them up and threw them into the Tiber River. It shocked me more than any other recent news about the Catholic Church. I applaud the guy who threw them away. I see him as a good Catholic. It reminded me of Jesus who wasn't afraid to take strong action in the Temple.

Austrian Catholic: Why I Threw Pachamama Statues into the Tiber

Alexander Tschugguel, a 26-year-old Austrian Catholic convert from Lutheranism who has worked for the pro-life movement in his country, revealed himself Nov. 4 to be the person behind throwing the Pachamama idols into the Tiber River during the Synod of Bishops on the Pan-Amazon Region.

Tschugguel, who had been in Rome at the beginning of the Amazon Synod, was disturbed by seeing indigenous people bowing down to the statuettes in the Vatican Gardens. He flew to Rome to carry out what he saw as a correction of a grievous breach of the First Commandment that had upset many faithful Catholics.

According to CNA, the statues, which were identical carved images of a naked pregnant Amazonian woman, had been displayed in the Carmelite church of Santa Maria in Traspontina, close to the Vatican, and used in several events, rituals, and expression of spirituality taking place during the Oct. 6-27 synod.

Pope Francis issued an apology Oct. 25 asking forgiveness from those who were offended by the “Pachamama” statues being thrown into the Tiber River, and said that they had been displayed in the church “without idolatrous intentions.”

What was Pope Francis thinking in the first place by allowing such images? It's fine to say the intentions hadn't been idolatrous; but what were the original intentions then? No one saw people bowing to them? Why didn't someone in authority do something to stop it? I think Francis should apologize for having them in the Vatican to begin with.
Since it's inception, the Catholic church had been very accommodating in accepting pagan symbols and idols into the church. The black St Peter in the Vatican is a prime example...And wherever Catholicism had encountered indigenous people there had always been a reluctance to call for total repentance from idolatry and traditional religious ceremonies etc. The current mix of Catholicism and witchcraft in Haiti a case in point. And in my own country the Maori who converted to Catholicism have retained much of their traditional unbiblical beliefs. To my mind conversion isn't about embracing truth in the Catholic paradigm..it's about names on books and church power in local communities.