I wondered if this video on tattooing would help start a discussion on the topic

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Interesting video.

I see someone has posted in the discussion:

"I for one have used my tattoos on multiple occasions to start a discussion and give the gospel message."

This is certainly what a lot of young believers use the medium for.

All the young ppl with Bible verses tattooed with whom I have spoken seem to have received them for this reason, anyway.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Interesting video.

I see someone has posted in the discussion:

"I for one have used my tattoos on multiple occasions to start a discussion and give the gospel message."

This is certainly what a lot of young believers use the medium for.

All the young ppl with Bible verses tattooed with whom I have spoken seem to have received them for this reason, anyway.

Thank you for your comment.

I went looking for the comment you mention and did not find it easily. It must have been hidden way down in the attached comments posted.

I though that it would have been easy to find.

This is one comment chosen at random: -

Once again great teaching. I work in ministry in a country were the church is a lot more conservative over practice. Repeatedly I have had to deal with short term Mission Teams from America where several of the guys have large visible tattoos on their arms. We work happily with them in Gospel proclamation however we request them to wear long sleeve shirts to church to cover their tattoos. Regularly they get angry at this and say we are taking the freedom they have in Christ. I have even try to force the issue that their tattoos are visible in church, saying these people have to learn to accept them. His is so damaging the unity of the church and to mission. The message we are given is a message of reconciliation which we need to proclaim not a message of pride and anger which destroys the unity of the church. As these teams coming to proclaim the gospel or to force the local church to accept tattoos.​

Perhaps you may like to snip the comment you are referring too, to confirm that it was actually there.

Reactions: Alfredthefifth

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a deaf son, he has cochlear implants and likes sports with a high risk of head injury. While thankfully he has rarely bumped his head in anything because of the risk and he doesn't like to wear even a watch or anything around his neck. I have encouraged him to get the information tattooed on himself.

Deaf
Magnet implantation

The grief this could prevent is large.

Tattoo of faith?
If my life doesn't reflect God's love? What good is a Tattoo going to do?
God's love reflecting out will be brighter than any Tattoo when I live there! And when I don't all a Tattoo can do is highlight the clown.

Alfredthefifth