Ideas on what to do on "Halloween".

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thomasleonard

Christian Spokesman
Aug 17, 2014
London
I acknowledge that Halloween, however it seems to be harmless and some thrilling fun, still actively promotes evil spirits and Satan in the world as a night where he rules. So as a Christian, what shall i do?
Should i promote the bible? Should i compel people who celebrate Halloween? Should i go door to door blessing each house in Jesus name?
I would really appreciate an answer, and maybe elaborate on what we should ALL do as Christians on Halloween, because as we live in the world, we should not be of it, and this is a common struggle with all of us Christians in everyday life.

God Bless.

thomasleonard

Christian Spokesman
Aug 17, 2014
London
So you think we should do nothing as "Christians"? Shouldn't we be shining light on the world, instead of that miserable motive of doing absolutely nothing, when on such a night the Lord calls us to act against such things in the bible? Please elaborate.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
On Halloween night the Christian community in our area get together to create a "Light festival." Prizes are given to participants who have the best costumes which are usually an assortment of angels, biblical characters etc but nothing relating to the traditional halloween theme.

The festival hosts a variety of games and competitions with food and drinks provided free. Halloween is not celebrated in my country like it is in the US but it seems to be gaining some ground in various communities due to young people having access to American television programs and the net. The "Light Festival" was created by combined church groups as an alternative due to young people and children roaming the streets at night and door knocking without parental supervision. :)

Here are some ideas that may spark your imagination...

1. You could buy a some pre-wrapped lolly pops and tag some biblical messages on them to give away at the door.
2. You could pass them out on the street yourself.
3. You could dress up as angels and do a prayer walk through the community ;)
4. You could get some of your friends together for a "lights" evening of fun, games and bible trivia.
5. You could ask your church if they are interested in having a night service with christian musicians in a cafe style atmosphere open to the community as an alternative or do what our community has done...

Reactions: Born_Again

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
thomasleonard said:
So you think we should do nothing as "Christians"? Shouldn't we be shining light on the world, instead of that miserable motive of doing absolutely nothing, when on such a night the Lord calls us to act against such things in the bible? Please elaborate.
i think you answered your own question. act against halloween by telling people it's satanic.
even former satanists say that celebrating halloween is coming into an agreement with the kingdom of darkness.

Abeliever

Oct 11, 2014
New York State USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found out Halloween is Satan's holiday 32 years ago when I joined my 1st church. They wouldn’t celebrate Halloween which took me 2 years to realize is the correct thing. But since that church had many small kids in it, they held a little party. I don't have kids so I wasn't there, but I know they did bobbing for apples. Nowadays all the churches in my area celebrate Halloween the same as Christmas. But I haven't said Happy Halloween to a person in 30 years. I don't get Trick or Treaters because we've had people put poison in candy, as well as pins, needles, and even razor blades. So parents only take their kids to friends of their kids. I favor doing nothing. If some stranger says Happy Halloween to me, I just smile and nod my head. For 10 years I had to do that because I worked with the public. I guess how you handle it may have to do with your position in life, and your area. If kids came to my door I was going to give each kid a quarter and say "Jesus loves you". I would have kept it short and sweet.

At least most of you sound like you're in areas where the churches don't celebrate it. That's a good thing.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
so what is everybody doing on the 31st? i myself will just treat it as any other day.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
thomasleonard said:
I acknowledge that Halloween, however it seems to be harmless and some thrilling fun, still actively promotes evil spirits and Satan in the world as a night where he rules. So as a Christian, what shall i do?
Should i promote the bible? Should i compel people who celebrate Halloween? Should i go door to door blessing each house in Jesus name?
I would really appreciate an answer, and maybe elaborate on what we should ALL do as Christians on Halloween, because as we live in the world, we should not be of it, and this is a common struggle with all of us Christians in everyday life.

God Bless.
I do what Jesus tells me to do.