If and When to Vote

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So politics are a grey area for me, because I hate them, but also realize how important they are to follow.

In regards to voting though, I am not very studious. I have always gone with Republican candidates, because I believe in their values.

But I have lost friends over politics. Especially this last election...people were telling me I wasn't a Christian and everything. I am not much one of a debater. :D But it hurt. So I had even questioned if I should even be voting, because I am not even of this world. And no, I don't research very well. And I don't know if voting straight ticket is the right way for it. I just usually do, because it is easier. I usually end up agreeing with them.

But should character also be a factor in who to vote for? If I had to vote by just watching campaign commercials alone, I wouldn't at all.

Those who disagree with the president, do y'all pray for him and our leaders?

And should faith be considered in who to vote for. I personally want Christian leaders.

By the way, please move this if it is in the wrong place. And I am not very knowledgeable in politics, but did think a discussion to read about this would be most beneficial.

I think praying for who to vote for is a major key as a Christian

God bless! :)

Reactions: amadeus

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So politics are a grey area for me, because I hate them, but also realize how important they are to follow.

In regards to voting though, I am not very studious. I have always gone with Republican candidates, because I believe in their values.

But I have lost friends over politics. Especially this last election...people were telling me I wasn't a Christian and everything. I am not much one of a debater. :D But it hurt. So I had even questioned if I should even be voting, because I am not even of this world. And no, I don't research very well. And I don't know if voting straight ticket is the right way for it. I just usually do, because it is easier. I usually end up agreeing with them.

But should character also be a factor in who to vote for? If I had to vote by just watching campaign commercials alone, I wouldn't at all.

Those who disagree with the president, do y'all pray for him and our leaders?

And should faith be considered in who to vote for. I personally want Christian leaders.

By the way, please move this if it is in the wrong place. And I am not very knowledgeable in politics, but did think a discussion to read about this would be most beneficial.

I think praying for who to vote for is a major key as a Christian

God bless! :)

I believe you should always vote. The issues of today are too important not to vote. Because the divide is so great in our country, then voting straight ticket can be the way to go. The liberal atheistic left has made it's home in the democratic party. So, how a Christian could ever vote for them is beyond me.

You already know the issues that are important to you. Just always ask yourself which party do I want in power dealing with those issues.

Stranger