If one finds themselves like Paul in Romans 7......

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly, I was surprised it took this long to have the NLT demonized. The NLT helped to transform my life as I read Colossians 2:9-15. That said, the Blessed KJV is amazing for demonstrating the Doctrine of Circumcised Hearts . . . oh, and so does the Jewish Tanakh, which I suggest everyone read the next time they read through the entire Bible (hopefully in a timeline, chronological order.)

So . . . if we cannot use the NLT translation to ponder the Word of God, then we all had better stop talking, because there is far more Truth in the NLT than the mouth of any human. Just sayin' . . .

I've even had a Baptist minister mock and laugh in my face, in my own home, saying the same thing. It is shocking how these unsaved people can mock us, openly, and without any sorrow, remorse, or even regret in their uncircumcised Hearts. At least I was able to witness to a pastor that day!

Yes, like the Living Bible it is great, except for the verses that are not complete in the translations created by Westcott and Hort most modern translations are based on. Like Romans 8:1 and 1 John 5:7. There are more but those are the two I always check in any new translation that comes on the market. But I would like to buy one (if I don't have one already in my collection) and read the New Testament again. That's how the Living Bible was able to change my life. I believe God was leading the author, as He has been leading you and me.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, like the Living Bible it is great, except for the verses that are not complete in the translations created by Westcott and Hort most modern translations are based on. Like Romans 8:1 and 1 John 5:7. There are more but those are the two I always check in any new translation that comes on the market. But I would like to buy one (if I don't have one already in my collection) and read the New Testament again. That's how the Living Bible was able to change my life. I believe God was leading the author, as He has been leading you and me.
@CharismaticLady Sometimes a paraphrase such as the Living Bible can help with a flowing narrative; for close study, I do find the King James gives a more formal rendition of the underlying words.

Reactions: 2nd Timothy Group

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I agree. Once I discovered the Doctrine of Circumcised Hearts, I have found that ALL Bibles are saying the same thing. Are there translation errors within each Bible translated by man? Of course! What is infallible are the original, and most Holy Transcripts. That said, I can take any Bible that has ever been written, within reason, and show/prove the Doctrine of Circumcision. Why? Because the Doctrine holds the Mysterious Plan of God. Now, if the Plan of God is a Mystery, and it most certainly STILL IS for even the "church" today, how does a person remove a Doctrine that they do not know exists? To remove the utter Core of the Bible, one would have to know that it exists.

That's my two-cents . . . and I'm stickin' with it. :)

Reactions: CharismaticLady

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ROFL You're too kind,Timmy, brother.

Quite a few members, here, are interested in arguing . . . I'm not one of them. I am interested in learning from each person here, but I have no desire to fight, argue . . . and more, I'm not even here to convince anyone of anything. Convincing isn't my job . . . God will awaken those whom He decides to awaken. If a person finds that perhaps the Lord has granted me insight, and that person has been granted the desire to know more, I am more than happy to share. And likewise, if a person is willing to share their ideas with me, and does not have the Heart to berate or belittle me . . . my ears are WIDE OPEN!

I haven't always been this way . . . God has been changing me for some time now. Whew, and you all should be glad about that! :);):p:D

Reactions: CharismaticLady

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CharismaticLady Sometimes a paraphrase such as the Living Bible can help with a flowing narrative; for close study, I do find the King James gives a more formal rendition of the underlying words.

I use as many Holy Translations as I am able. In my writings, I quote from all that I have access to, and I do this mostly just to show that I am not legalistic, but open minded. If anyone were to consider my writings/videoes, they will see that I do not discriminate amongst translations. So glad that I am free from such insane legalism!

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly, I was surprised it took this long to have the NLT demonized. The NLT helped to transform my life as I read Colossians 2:9-15. That said, the Blessed KJV is amazing for demonstrating the Doctrine of Circumcised Hearts . . . oh, and so does the Jewish Tanakh, which I suggest everyone read the next time they read through the entire Bible (hopefully in a timeline, chronological order.)

So . . . if we cannot use the NLT translation to ponder the Word of God, then we all had better stop talking, because there is far more Truth in the NLT than the mouth of any human. Just sayin' . . .

I've even had a Baptist minister mock and laugh in my face, in my own home, saying the same thing. It is shocking how these unsaved people can mock us, openly, and without any sorrow, remorse, or even regret in their uncircumcised Hearts. At least I was able to witness to a pastor that day!
I do not want to upset anyone's apple cart, but I think it dangerous and presumptuous to assume from our limited vision if one is a wheat or a tare, saved or unsaved.

God has clearly shown me that the coming great awakening will be the definitive separation of sheep and goats. All have been asleep. All will be awakened. Not all will want to light their lamps. However, when the virgins are all sleeping, one cannot tell who they are or what they will eventually choose.

Our job is to love ALL. Our job is to believe the best for all, to give them the benefit of the doubt, and I firmly believe that there will be those like Saul among us, who may even resist the truth shared with them now, who will become the next generation of Pauls.

I pray you do not take this suggested correction in the wrong way, my brother. You have my full respect. I simply ask that you pray about the words I offer you.

Yes, the church is a mess, a religious mixture of wheat and tares growing together. Confusion and carnality reign and many true sheep are trying to grow in pastures that have little spiritual sustanence. But Jesus has assured us, if necessary, He will leave the ninety and nine and go rescue the one we may have erred in pre-judging as not of the flock.

blessings to you, my dear friend

Gideon

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not want to upset anyone's apple cart, but I think it dangerous and presumptuous to assume from our limited vision if one is a wheat or a tare, saved or unsaved.

God has clearly shown me that the coming great awakening will be the definitive separation of sheep and goats. All have been asleep. All will be awakened. Not all will want to light their lamps. However, when the virgins are all sleeping, one cannot tell who they are or what they will eventually choose.

Our job is to love ALL. Our job is to believe the best for all, to give them the benefit of the doubt, and I firmly believe that there will be those like Saul among us, who may even resist the truth shared with them now, who will become the next generation of Pauls.

I pray you do not take this suggested correction in the wrong way, my brother. You have my full respect. I simply ask that you pray about the words I offer you.

Yes, the church is a mess, a religious mixture of wheat and tares growing together. Confusion and carnality reign and many true sheep are trying to grow in pastures that have little spiritual sustanence. But Jesus has assured us, if necessary, He will leave the ninety and nine and go rescue the one we may have erred in pre-judging as not of the flock.

Gideon

I can't figure out why you think I would be offended by what you've written. I don't understand it, and that doesn't offend me. If you think I am wrong about something, you're more than welcome to share your judgements against me. Doesn't bother me at all.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Gideon

Don't be afraid. You've openly reprimanded me . . . go ahead and finish it . . . openly.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Before I read through the Living Bible, specifically Romans chapter 6, I had no idea what it meant to be dead to sin. When he wrote "why sin when you don't have to" it was a "light bulb" moment, and I understood how the Spirit empowers us to no longer have to chose sin over righteousness.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Before I read through the Living Bible, specifically Romans chapter 6, I had no idea what it meant to be dead to sin. When he wrote "why sin when you don't have to" it was a "light bulb" moment, and I understood how the Spirit empowers us to no longer have to chose sin over righteousness.
@CharismaticLady It's wonderful indeed to experience conviction of sin by the Spirit of God illuminating Scripture.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't be afraid. You've openly reprimanded me . . . go ahead and finish it . . . openly.

He kinda did the same thing to me and I don't even know what he didn't agree with. I've asked, but he did say he didn't want to debate the issue. What issue???

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He kinda did the same thing to me and I don't even know what he didn't agree with. I've asked, but he did say he didn't want to debate the issue. What issue???

Let us be thankful. God is very interested in how we deal with these kinds of pressures. I like to think of the story of David and Shimei. :)

Reactions: marks

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother, I should have approached you privately, so, I beg your forgiveness. Hopefully we can message one another to clear things up. I am so sorry for my lack of discretion. May God use this error to teach me to pray about things before speaking.

Gids

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother, I should have approached you privately, so, I beg your forgiveness. Hopefully we can message one another to clear things up. I am so sorry for my lack of discretion. May God use this error to teach me to pray about things before speaking.

Gids

Everyone is forgiven, and that includes you. Christ has forgiven me for so much worse; therefore, you don't even have to ask.

However, I am more than happy to have you charge me in open public. You haven't embarrassed me, but yourself. So I want you to continue to point out my flaws, which I will find entertaining, considering that you have your own to straighten out.

Please . . . continue and finish what you have started.

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have noticed in a few posts of both you and C.L that, if I am understanding the things you are saying correctly, that if a brother is caught up in sin, he is not saved. That if they truly were saved that they would not be sinning.

I do not want to proceed further until I make sure that what I am "hearing" is actually what you are saying. If I am hearing wrongly, forgive me for my obtuseness, lol. If it is what you believe, then at that point I will proceed to try to express my viewpoint on the matter and we can discuss it as brothers (and in CL's case, brother and sister ). Is that fair?

blessings,

Gids

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have noticed in a few posts of both you and C.L that, if I am understanding the things you are saying correctly, that if a brother is caught up in sin, he is not saved. That if they truly were saved that they would not be sinning.

This makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. I have never said anything even remotely close to it. If it proves anything, it proves that your ears are not open.

Thank you for setting me straight.

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. I have never said anything even remotely close to it. If it proves anything, it proves that your ears are not open.

Thank you for setting me straight.
Again brother, forgive me if I have interpreted what you said in error. My sincere apologies.

Here was the post that I responded to, and the statement you made that brought about my erroneous response.

"I've even had a Baptist minister mock and laugh in my face, in my own home, saying the same thing. It is shocking how these unsaved people can mock us, openly, and without any sorrow, remorse, or even regret in their uncircumcised Hearts."

Can you explain what you meant? You seem to be saying that the Baptist minister was unsaved. Am I missing something? an explanation would help a lot. I hope you see if I misunderstood what you were saying, my response, although it most certainly should have been in private, was understandable.

There is no doubt I should have questioned you in private, however, and for that I am truly sorry.

A note to C.L.- In several of your posts, what I got from your statements was basically the same that I got from 2nd Timothy Group. This would be a great time to clear the air. I do want to understand your view on the matter. In addition, I certainly do not want any animosity between us. I value greatly both of you and the spirits you both possess.

blessings,

Gids

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you explain what you meant? You seem to be saying that the Baptist minister was unsaved. Am I missing something? an explanation would help a lot. I hope you see if I misunderstood what you were saying, my response, although it most certainly should have been in private, was understandable.

But wait, that's not how this all got started. Gideon . . . we're going round and round in circles and I'm not interested in doing that.

Take care.