if someone told you....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that Jesus had it worse than you or was treated "more mean"
what would your response be?
mine is silence.
people compare pain as it is. im not competing with a deity.
i remember identifying with Jesus as i prayed and cried in a garden like place. the pressure and anxiety i felt was relentless. i could not help but think of the garden of Gethsemane. Jesus never one upped anyone for that. he chose it.

Satan said he will be like the most high. i dont need to be compared to Jesus.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mine is silence.
i remember identifying with Jesus as i prayed and cried in a garden like place. the pressure and anxiety i felt was relentless. i could not help but think of the garden of Gethsemane. Jesus never one upped anyone for that. he chose it.

I am sorry. Someone should not have said that to you. It completely negates any pain you are going through, and removes your value.

Far better that it would be said "Jesus understands your pain, as He went through human suffering."

Jesus would never have compared the two either. He would've given you love and understanding.

Lamb

Mar 31, 2022
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Anyone is an independent individual and you should be sure of what you encounter and what you gain. Why do you need to compare? Jesus understands your pain, as he went through your suffering and understand your pain.

Reactions: Lambano

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone is an independent individual and you should be sure of what you encounter and what you gain. Why do you need to compare? Jesus understands your pain, as he went through your suffering and understand your pain.
that is my question. why do they need to compare?

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no reason to compare. I agree with what you stated here. This is very balanced truth. I believe this understanding was given to you by God.

Perfect! And as others have said, Jesus as our Great High Priest is touched with the feeling of our infirmities. Yes, He chose it... just as you stated. So we can have great comfort in Him. He knows what we're going through and what we're feeling. He felt it too. And He never condemns us for feeling pain or being broken. He is near to the broken.❤️

Who said this to you, sis?

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We’re I a cynical man, I might think this person was trying to appear oh-so-pious while they were really saying “I don’t want to hear about your pain”.

But I’m not a cynical man. Not yet, anyway.

Cassandra and Lamb got it right, I think. Jesus does understand your pain.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
mine is silence.

Hi lily,

What a beautiful thing, to know we can offer up our sufferings in union with HIS, for the sake of our brothers and sisters..

Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ on behalf of his body, which is the church,

Peace be with you!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We’re I a cynical man, I might think this person was trying to appear oh-so-pious while they were really saying “I don’t want to hear about your pain”.

But I’m not a cynical man. Not yet, anyway.

Cassandra and Lamb got it right, I think. Jesus does understand your pain.

Wow, brother ...I was working on this reply to @lilygrace when I saw your reply. I think you're right on!

This is the reply I was working on....

Some people say things like this because of self righteousness. Sometimes, they are cold or lacking godly compassion. Oftentimes, what prevents people from showing godly compassion in how they respond to hurting people ...is because they themselves have deep wounding which they have not brought to God.
And seeing someone else (like you, or myself, etc) actually acknowledging their brokenness and pain, feels revolting inside themselves. So they push you away by making blanket religious statements to silence you. They can't tolerate just being real with each other and with God. It scares them. So .....they dissociate ...by making these statements, pushing you away, because your honesty about your brokenness is a reminder of their own brokenness. They cannot give to you what they have not received from God.

(I know this because I have had to ask the Lord why I was being pushed away and rejected by my Christian brothers and sisters when I reached out for prayer/support.)

Also, where it comes to your family, if it was them who said this to you... they need to compare because they "need" to downplay your pain... because they don't want to admit their sins that they have committed against you. They are doing what they have always done ....discredit, condemn, and push their own guilt onto you.

I don't say this to cast hate on them, but to recognize that this is what they have always done, and will continue to do ...until they choose freedom in Christ.

I believe all of the above applies to your family, tbh.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mine is silence.

That sounds rude and uncaring of them to say that.

Reactions: Lambano and TLHKAJ

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States