If they were.....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Real physical giants born of the fallen angels... then where are they and how come they are not mentioned anywhere in the NT nor how they will be destroyed?
It is because they are spiritual giants, mighty men who have power of the wicked heavenlies to keep the people of God down. They are giants of the industry, in the government those who are bullies who have heaped all of the wealth in the world for themselves as if IT can save them from the wrath of God to come.

If we are called children of God by receiving the indwelling Spirit and Word of God.... then the children of the devil are not Physical giants.... they are those who are receiving of his spirit listening to his word to work in them evil deeds to make the look LARGER than LIFE.
When giants have all the money you don't stand a chance of getting JUSTICE in court for they think they can pay their way in life to do as they please. God has not given us a spirit to fear them.. so don't let them keep you from Taking your promised land where the grapes are HUGE and the land is good overflowing with milk and honey. For we walk by Faith in our God and not by sight. Jesus said that it will be as the days of Noe and many have taken it to mean there will be giant hybreds walking among us but this means stature as in success by ill gotten gains, not physically. They are cloning humans and that is of a foul spirit. Science does not regard God's Sovereignty.. but they WILL!
Luke 17:26-28
26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
KJV

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Nope, they were reall giants, JUST LIKE THE OLD TESTAMENT SCRIPTURE DESCRIBES THEM AS.

1 Sam 17:4-7
4 And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.
5 And he had an helmet of brass upon his head, and he was armed with a coat of mail; and the weight of the coat was five thousand shekels of brass.
6 And he had greaves of brass upon his legs, and a target of brass between his shoulders.
7 And the staff of his spear was like a weaver's beam; and his spear's head weighed six hundred shekels of iron: and one bearing a shield went before him.
(KJV)

2 Sam 21:18-19
18 And it came to pass after this, that there was again a battle with the Philistines at Gob: then Sibbechai the Hushathite slew Saph, which was of the sons of the giant.
19 And there was again a battle in Gob with the Philistines, where Elhanan the son of Ja'are-oregim, a Bethlehemite, slew the brother of Goliath the Gittite, the staff of whose spear was like a weaver's beam.
(KJV)

Using the common cubit (18"), and a span (roughly 6"), Goliath was 9.5 feet tall. So forget stupid ideas that the Scripture is talking about "spiritual" giants!

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Deu 3:11

"For only Og king of Bashan remained of the remnant of the giants. Indeed his bedstead [was] an iron bedstead. ([Is] it not in Rabbah of the people of Ammon?) Nine cubits [is] its length and four cubits its width, according to the standard cubit.
Og's bed was 4.5 x 2 metres. That's almost 15 feet long!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
God told Israel to destroy the giants, for they were living in the nations of the Canaan which He told Israel to literally wipe out, and not leave alive anything that breatheth (Deut.20). That's why those giants are no longer here on earth.

This is a Scripture where the KJV translators failed to use the actual word 'Rephaim' that is these "dead" here (the Rephaim was another name for the giants)...

Isa 26:14
14 They are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased, they shall not rise: therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish.
(KJV)

That is another Scripture evidence to show us that the Rephaim, the giants, were a literal hybrid race, and not just some mean spirited bullies. Even the wicked dead are going to have a resurrection (John 5:28-29; Rev.20). But the spirits of the giant hybrid race (if we can say they had spirits), will NEVER rise (i.e., be resurrected). And thus the last phrase of that verse has come to pass, the world has pretty much forgotten them, their having become a type of myth (the actual mythologies of ancient lore).

Gen 6:4
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
(KJV)

The first irruption of the giants from those angels ("sons of God") was in Noah's day prior to the flood, and also a second irruption after the flood with, "and also after that". They were "men of renown", literally 'men of the name', or men of the legend, pointing to the ancient mythologies. From what the ancient mythologies wrote by several ancient peoples, the giants must have been worshipped also, as gods. Myth usually contains a remnant of partial truth corrupted over time, handed down from generation to generation.

John_8:32

Nov 9, 2012
The giants were genetic mutations of men...

Mat 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

They did not come from angels mating with human women. Let's read this with some thought...

Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

What does the very next verse say?

Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

Why didn't He say He would not strive with angels? They weren't in the picture...

Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Humans are called the sons of God...

Hos 1:10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

It wasn't angels, it was men.

Brothertom

All for Jesus no matter the cost.
May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
I see it as angels sexing human women & there offspring, like Goliath & his brothers roamed around, like Veteran spoke of. The question I have is WHY? did God allow that? He has His purposes.

Think of Hercules...he could have been real...or Nimrod...who was definitely worshipped...the offspring of men & fallen angels....sounds really far out....but there is a supernatural world out there.......& 9-15 feet men do not just mutate...[ except maybe Shaq...] It's speculation for sure...& I speculate...but the Word as I see it bares this out....& I wanted to say they could have been very handsome & intelligent....not like the Hollywood troll looks...& appealing to mankind as a superior leader...& to women.

I'm glad their damned....they must have been very intimidating...on top of wicked.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Job 1:6-7
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
(KJV)

Job 38:4-7
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
(KJV)

The "sons of God" phrase is used for heavely angels in the Old Testament. In the New Testament it is used for those in Christ in the Salvation sense, and has a still future fulfillment in His Kingdom yet to come. It is a phrase representing the heavenly order of spirit, and not of the flesh.

Nov 9, 2012
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
(KJV)

4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
(KJV)

The "sons of God" phrase is used for heavely angels in the Old Testament. In the New Testament it is used for those in Christ in the Salvation sense, and has a still future fulfillment in His Kingdom yet to come. It is a phrase representing the heavenly order of spirit, and not of the flesh.
It is a term for angels, it is also a term used for humans. So which one is it? Jesus Christ, the one who created both angels and men, stated...

Mat 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

So, why would one accept the explanation that contradicts Christ's plain statement? Especially when using the term "sons of God" referring to human men is harmonious with the plain statements of Christ.

Brothertom

All for Jesus no matter the cost.
May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
I believe there was a company of the Elect before the foundation of the Earth....the sons of God as men....'Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations". (Jeremiah 1:1,4-5)

I believe that everyone of them are aware of their pre-existence, & rejoicing upon the day of their creation as the holy seed of God.
"When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?"...The First Fruits of God.....The 144,000.....

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, to all.

It's much simpler than all of this rhetoric. With apologies to veteran, the actual word is "nefiliym" (sometimes written with the "ph" for the "f" sound, "nephiliym") or "hanfiliym" with the definite article. The word was translated as "giants" in the KJV but means "tyrants." They WERE bullies, but the origin of the word is even more telling. The word in its singular form is "nefiyl" or "nefil" (with or without the yod) and comes from the word "naafal" which means "to fall." It is a word that means to "fell a tree" and the word "nefiyl" is a "feller" or "woodcutter," a "LUMBERJACK!" They were the "Paul Bunyans" of the ancient world,...which is why they could afford to be bullies! They WERE bigger than most others! It was not a "race" of beings; it was an OCCUPATION!

When Genesis 6:1-8 talks about them, people often scramble the wording of verse 4:

Breeshiyt 6:1-8
1 Vayhiy kiy heecheel haa'aadaam laarov `al pneey haa'adaamaah uwvaanowt yulduw laahem:
2 Vayir'uw bneey haa'Elohiym et bnowt haa'aadaam kiy Tovot heenaah vayiqchuw laahem naashiym mikol asher baachaaruw:
3 Vayo'mer YHWH, "Lo' yaadown ruwchiy baa'aadaam l`olaam bshaggam huw' baasaar vhaayuw yaamaayv mee'aah v`esriym shaanaah":
4 Hanfiliym haayuw baa'aarets bayaamiym haaheem vgam achareey keen asher yaavo'uw bneey haa'Elohiym el bnowt haa'aadaam vyaalduw laahem heemaah hagiboriym asher mee`owlaam ansheey hasheem:
5 Vayar' YHWH kiy rabaah raa`at haa'aadaam baa'aarets vkhaal yeetser machshevot libow raq ra` kaal hayowm:
6 Vayinaachem YHWH kiy `aasaah et haa'aadaam baa'aarets vayit`atseev el libow:
7 Vayo'mer YHWH, "Emcheh et haa'aadaam asher baaraa'tiy mee`al pneey haa'adaamaah mee'aadaam `ad bheemaah `ad remes v`ad `owf hashaamaayim kiy nichamtiy kiy `asiytim:
8 VNoach maatsaa' cheen b`eeyneey YHWH:

Hebrew Torah (transliterated into English)

1 Vayhiy = 1 And-it-happened
kiy = for/until/when
heecheel = started/began
haa'aadaam = the-men
laarov = to-multiply
`al = against/upon
pneey = face
haa'adaamaah = of-the-ground
uwvaanowt = and-daughters
yulduw = were-born
laahem: = to-them:
2 Vayir'uw = 2 And-saw
bneey = the-sons
haa'Elohiym = of-the-God
et = (direct object follows)
bnowt = daughters
haa'aadaam = of-the-men
kiy = for/until/when
Tovot = good-(looking)
heenaah = (were) they
vayiqchuw = and-they-siezed
laahem = to-them
naashiym = wives
mikol = from-all
asher = which
baachaaruw: = they-chose
3 Vayo'mer = 3 And-said
YHWH, = ADONAI; YaHuWH; the LORD
"Lo' = "Not
yaadown = shall-judge/shall-contend-with
ruwchiy = my-spirit
baa'aadaam = in-man
l`olaam = to-forever
bshaggam = in-straying
huw' = he
baasaar = (is) flesh
vhaayuw = and-shall-be
yaamaayv = his-days
mee'aah = a-hundred
v`esriym = and-twenty
shaanaah": = years":
4 Hanfiliym = 4 The-lumberjacks
haayuw = there-were
baa'aarets = in-(the)-land
bayaamiym = in-days
haaheem = those
vgam = and-also
achareey = after
keen = that
asher = when
yaavo'uw = came
bneey = the-sons
haa'Elohiym = of-the-God
el = near/with/among
bnowt = the-daughters
haa'aadaam = of-the-men
vyaalduw = and-fathered-children
laahem = to-them
heemaah = they
hagiboriym = (became) the-tyrants/the-warriors
asher = who
mee`owlaam = from-the-vanishing-point; from-time-out-of-mind
ansheey = (became) men
hasheem: = of-the-name; with-a-name:
5 Vayar' = And-saw
YHWH = ADONAI; YaHuWH; the LORD
kiy = that
rabaah = abundant; rampant
raa`at = evil; badness
haa'aadaam = of-the-men
baa'aarets = in-the-land
vkhaal = and-every
yeetser = conception
machshevot = of-the-intentions
libow = of-his-heart
raq = only
ra` = evil
kaal = every
hayowm: = the-day
6 Vayinaachem = 6 And-repented
YHWH = ADONAI; YaHuWH; the LORD
kiy = that
`aasaah = he-made
haa'aadaam = the-man
baa'aarets = in-the-earth
vayit`atseev = and-it-grieved-him
el = near; with; among
libow: his-heart:
7 Vayo'mer = 7 And-said
YHWH, = ADONAI/YaHuWH/the LORD,
"Emcheh = "I-will-destroy
haa'aadaam = the-man
asher = that
baaraa'tiy = I-created
mee`al = from-away
pneey = (the) face
haa'adaamaah = of-the-ground
mee'aadaam = from-man
`ad = and
bheemaah = dumb-beast
`ad = and
remes = reptile
v`ad = and-also
`owf = bird
hashaamaayim = of-the-sky
kiy = for/that
nichamtiy = I-repent
kiy = that
`asiytim": = I-have-made-them":
8 VNoach = 8 And-Noach; Noah
maatsaa' = found
cheen = favor
b`eeyneey = in-(the)-eyes
YHWH: = of-ADONAI/YaHuWH/the LORD:

1 And-it-happened when began the-men to-multiply upon (the) face of-the-ground and-daughters were-born to-them:
2 And-saw the-sons of-the-God daughters of-the-men for good-(looking) (were) they and-they-siezed to-them wives from-all which they-chose:
3 And-said YaHuWH, "Not shall-judge/shall-contend-with my-spirit in-man to-forever in-straying he (is) flesh and-shall-be his-days a-hundred and-twenty years":
4 The-lumberjacks there-were in-(the)-land in-days those and-also after that when came the-sons of-the-God near/with/among the-daughters of-the-men and-fathered-children to-them they (became) the-tyrants/the-warriors who from-the-vanishing-point/from-time-out-of-mind (became) men of-the-name/with-a-name:
5 And-saw YaHuWH that abundant/rampant evil/badness of-the-men in-the-land and-every conception of-the-intentions of-his-heart only evil every the-day:
6 And-repented YaHuWH that He-made the-man in-the-earth and-it-grieved-Him near his-heart:
7 And-said YaHuWH, "I-will-destroy the-man that I-created from-away (the) face of-the-ground from-man and dumb-beast and reptile and-also bird of-the-sky for I-repent that I-have-made-them":
8 And-Noach found favor in-(the)-eyes of-YaHuWH:

These weren't "angels"; they were MEN! That's why God chose to destroy MEN from the face of the earth! They CALLED THEMSELVES "sons of Elohiym" as opposed to those who were "merely men," and even lower on the totem pole were the DAUGHTERS of men! This was a term of PREJUDICE! They FORCEFULLY took, SEIZED, these daughters to be their wives like so much chattel, and became POPULAR for doing it! THAT was the straw that broke the camel's back with God! These "sons of God" were strong, type-A, wealthy sheiks who were REVERED as gods! (They may have even been the early pharaohs of what is now known as Egypt!) However, they acted like barbarians, and yet, everyone wanted to BE like them! God was so sick of them, that He purged the earth of their presence!

And ... WOW! ... look at the philosophy that has arisen from the misunderstanding of these verses, all because we don't take the time to understand the Hebrew!

Nov 9, 2012
I believe there was a company of the Elect before the foundation of the Earth....the sons of God as men....'Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations". (Jeremiah 1:1,4-5)

I believe that everyone of them are aware of their pre-existence, & rejoicing upon the day of their creation as the holy seed of God.
"When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?"...The First Fruits of God.....The 144,000.....
Well, believe what you want.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
veteran said:
(KJV)

(KJV)

That is also my understanding vet. The Word "Son's of God were the Angels of the lord in the OT and was later coined to mean "children of God" in the NT.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Angelina.

Angelina said:
That is also my understanding vet. The Word "Son's of God were the Angels of the lord in the OT and was later coined to mean "children of God" in the NT.
Actually, that's not quite true. At NO time in either "Testament" does the term "sons of God" refer to "angels" or "supernatural messengers." In the book of Iyowv (Job), these were MEN coming before God at the altar! This is how haSatan was able to come to God, not that he would bring a sacrifice, but that He knew that God inhabits His praise!

The Hebrew word that is usually considered to be the word that should be translated as "angel" in the Tanakh is "mal'aakh," the plural being "mal'aakhiym." The words are spelled "mem-lamed-alef-khaf-sofit" and "mem-lamed-alef-khaf-yod-mem-sofit," respectively. That word IS found in the book of Iyowv, but not where one would expect it. It is found in Job 1:14; 4:18; and 33:23!

Job 1:14-15
14 And there came a messenger unto Job, and said, The oxen were plowing, and the asses feeding beside them:

15 And the Sabeans fell upon them, and took them away; yea, they have slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
KJV

Job 4:17-19
17 Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?
18 Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly:
19 How much less in them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation is in the dust, which are crushed before the moth?
KJV

Job 33:12-24
12 Behold, in this thou art not just: I will answer thee, that God is greater than man.
13 Why dost thou strive against him? for he giveth not account of any of his matters.
14 For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.
15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;
16 Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,
17 That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man.
18 He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.
19 He is chastened also with pain upon his bed, and the multitude of his bones with strong pain:
20 So that his life abhorreth bread, and his soul dainty meat.
21 His flesh is consumed away, that it cannot be seen; and his bones that were not seen stick out.
22 Yea, his soul draweth near unto the grave, and his life to the destroyers.
23 If there be a messenger with him, an interpreter, one among a thousand, to shew unto man his uprightness:
24 Then he is gracious unto him, and saith, Deliver him from going down to the pit: I have found a ransom.
KJV

Just as in the Greek word "aggelos," the word "mal'aakh" has the primary meaning of a "MESSENGER," whether a messenger for God or for another man.

So, if the word was used for a man in 1:14, why wouldn't it have been used for the SUPERNATURAL messengers, if that's who these "sons of God" were?

The truth is that sinless, supernatural beings who are completely controlled by God would NEVER have as much need "to present themselves" as would sinful human beings. The word translated "present themselves" is "lhityatseev" and it means "to place" something or "to station" oneself, if reflexive. When used with "`al YHWH," "above/upon/over/against YaHuWH," it is a specific phrase that is OFTEN used of human beings coming to present themselves to YAH, such as Joshua 24:1 and 1 Samu'el 10:19.

No, it makes better sense to see this, not as a scene from "heaven," but as a scene on earth at God's altar and that these "sons of God" were men, same as the "sons of God" in the NT.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There are four places where the "Son's of God are mentioned in the OT. Genesis and Job

Genesis 6:4
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

Job 1:6
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

Job 2:1
Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.

Please note in the verse below, that God is talking to Job. He mentions the foundations of the earth, it's measurements and how he stretched out the line upon it and laid it's cornerstone. In the same sentence he says;"When the morning stars sang together and all the Son's of God shouted for joy." This was in the beginning when the earth was being created. It was clearly before mankind was on the earth.

Job 38:7
“Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?
Tell Me, if you have understanding.
5 Who determined its measurements?
Surely you know!
Or who stretched the line upon it?
6 To what were its foundations fastened?
Or who laid its cornerstone,
7 When the morning stars sang together,
And all the sons of God shouted for joy?

The Hebrew word for sons of God is Bene elohim. This word occurs four times in the Old Testament in the Septuagint version (the Greek translation of the Hebrew scriptures ) it's meaning is always used to refer to angels of God, not mankind. Most scholars believe this event describes a union between fallen angelic beings and daughters of men. This unnatural occurrence of combining two different species resulted in offspring who were 'giants' noted in the King James and Nephilim in the NKJV. Also in the NASB, and the English translation of the Jewish Masoretic text.

Shalom!!!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
John_8:32 said:
It is a term for angels, it is also a term used for humans. So which one is it? Jesus Christ, the one who created both angels and men, stated...

So, why would one accept the explanation that contradicts Christ's plain statement? Especially when using the term "sons of God" referring to human men is harmonious with the plain statements of Christ.
It's simple. Which part of us has Eternal Life through Christ Jesus? Our 'spirit', not our flesh. Have you not read where Apostle Paul taught about the "spiritual body" in 1 Cor.15? That's what those who have died are resurrected to, and what those still alive on earth at Christ's coming are 'changed' to, at the twinkling of an eye. This is why we each must be 'born' of The Spirit to see God's future eternal Kingdom. Thinking the "spiritual body" Paul taught is one of flesh and blood is what causes many to be confused about this. Paul directed us to not think of it as flesh and blood (1 Cor.15:50).

With the "spirits in prison" that Christ preached The Gospel to, and led those who believed out (as it was fulfilled prophecy first written in Isaiah 42:7), they were not in flesh bodies.

When our Lord Jesus appeared to His Apostles after His Resurrection, and they thought they were seeing a spirit, and He told them to touch Him, that a spirit doesn't have flesh and bones, that must be reconcilled with what Apostle Paul taught in 1 Cor.15:50 that flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. We cannot just do a pick and choose thing, we have to weigh both of those Scriptures together. Christ's flesh body was transfigured to keep the marks of His crucifixion, and probably also to make it impossible for the Pharisees to disprove He wasn't raised by The Father. Even though Apostle John said we will be like Him in appearance after He comes, our Lord's transfiguration still has a difference than how we will be changed or resurrected.

So HOW does that "sons of God" phrase apply to those in Christ Jesus, even while we are still alive in the flesh on this earth waiting for His return? Our Lord Jesus exaplained that too...

Matt 22:30
30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
(KJV)

Mark 12:25
25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.
(KJV)

Thus the resurrection unto Life is about Salvation to our 'spirit', not to our flesh, because it is nowhere written in God's Word that one of God's angels manifested in a flesh body. After Christ's return, this flesh existence for mankind will be over and no more. Like Eccl.12:5-7 reveals, when we die our flesh part goes back to the ground of the earth where it originated from, but our spirit goes back to God Who gave it. We are more than simple flesh and blood. Our REAL self is made up of 'spirit', and it will manifest with a "spiritual body" in the resurrection.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Trumpeter said:
Deu 3:11

"For only Og king of Bashan remained of the remnant of the giants. Indeed his bedstead [was] an iron bedstead. ([Is] it not in Rabbah of the people of Ammon?) Nine cubits [is] its length and four cubits its width, according to the standard cubit.

Og's bed was 4.5 x 2 metres. That's almost 15 feet long!
Hi Trumpeter,
The Strong's Concordance describes the word giant in Gen 6 as a bully, tyrant Hebrew 5303
Gen 6:4-5
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
KJV

And the Hebrew word for giant in most of the other verses is Strong's Concordance 7497 taken from 7495 and means PHYSICIAN, healer repairer, stitching, medicine.

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
afaithfulone4u said:
Hi Trumpeter,
The Strong's Concordance describes the word giant in Gen 6 as a bully, tyrant Hebrew 5303
Gen 6:4-5
5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
KJV

And the Hebrew word for giant in most of the other verses is Strong's Concordance 7497 taken from 7495 and means PHYSICIAN, healer repairer, stitching, medicine.
Hi afaithfulone4u,

The Strong's Concordance describes the word giant in Deu 3:11 as rapha'
1) giants, Rephaim
a) old tribe of giants