If you think that at communion, the physical bread is miraculously transformed into the physical flesh of Chris and wish to wager on it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This OP is NOT about whether at communion, the physical bread is miraculously transformed into the physical flesh of Chris or not. I'm assuming you think that. This post is about wagering on what you believe.

Let proposition P1 = At communion, the physical bread is miraculously transformed into the physical flesh of Christ.
P2 = At communion, the physical bread is not miraculously transformed into the physical flesh of Chris.

Between 0 and 10, how much weight do you put on each of the above propositions? The stronger your belief in a proposition, the higher the weight.
Are you willing to wager based on your weighting scheme?

This is not a lotto/gambling bet. This is a wager to mathematically and scientifically measure the strength of your belief. Put money where your mouth is. If you are interested in mathematically finding out the strength of your belief, then tell me those two weights. See Subjective (Bayesian) Probability.

You can say you are 100% sure the earth is flat. Words are cheap unless you are willing to wager on it.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me that when the competing propositions are "X" and "not X," you can skip one of your steps ("Between 0 and 10, how much weight do you put on each of the above propositions? ... "tell me those two weights") because the sum of those two numbers will always be 10. (Give P1 a 6, and you must give P2 a 4. And so on.)

So why not just ask, "on a scale of 1 to 10, how certain are you of P1?"

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I doubt either of us will receive His answer any time soon, certainly not while one of us is still able to collect on the wager.