I'm Hungry Right Now, What are you munching On?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was in the Air Force, stationed in Germany there was a bakery truck that sat right outside the base and they had these pastries that looked kind of like a personal pan pizza with custard where the toppings would be and half of a maraschino cherry sitting atop the center. The gal in the welding shop called them a "fried egg." All I know is I had to have one every morning! Oh, to have the arteries of a 20-year-old again. On the other hand, if I'd known I was going to live this long I'd have blah, blah, blah...
If you can still recall how that fried egg tasted can you say , knowing now how long you've lived since those days, you'd not eat one today?

It's like I tell friends when we see some tasty confection. My hips say, noooooooo! While my taste buds shout back, ignore them! :Broadly: :Happy: :dusted:

There's an Amish store in my hometown that sells Bavarian custard in gallon size plastic bags.
That is just soooooo wrong.

Yet, affordable. :p

Reactions: dev553344

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm getting spaghetti with meatballs and I put mixed cheese on it. So good!
I have to say, I'm glad I live in a day when there are some nice substitutes for some of the things I used to be able to eat. Everyone in my family but me has sensitivity to wheat products. We tried some red lentil pasta a few months ago because the more popular gluten-free pasta have high glycemic liabilities. Turns out I'm the only one who can tolerate the red lentil pasta as well. So my wife spotted some chickpea pasta at the store and had me try it this morning. And not only does it taste more like traditional pasta but it comes much closer to the texture than the red lentil stuff does, too! Everyone's a winner, baby, that the truth :musicn2:.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to say, I'm glad I live in a day when there are some nice substitutes for some of the things I used to be able to eat. Everyone in my family but me has sensitivity to wheat products. We tried some red lentil pasta a few months ago because the more popular gluten-free pasta have high glycemic liabilities. Turns out I'm the only one who can tolerate the red lentil pasta as well. So my wife spotted some chickpea pasta at the store and had me try it this morning. And not only does it taste more like traditional pasta but it comes much closer to the texture than the red lentil stuff does, too! Everyone's a winner, baby, that the truth :musicn2:.
I have an intolerance to large amounts of whey protein. I can't have protein drinks or too much bran flakes, but other than that I'm OK.

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have an intolerance to large amounts of whey protein. I can't have protein drinks or too much bran flakes, but other than that I'm OK.​
Dairy, in general, is troublesome to a lot of folks, but once we start dividing natural things into smaller components, we venture onto ground where God may never have intended us to wander, I'm afraid.

When I was young, newlywed, with a toddler on the ground and one in the oven—oh, and as poor as a church mouse—we ate a lot of this stuff that looked like American cheese but was actually made with casein and a bunch of cheap, non-dairy, I-don't-even-wanna-know-what-alls. Years later I found out that folks were suffering from eating freely of stuff made from casein. And it turns out the younger generations suffer more, being blessed with successively increasing genetic mutations. Oh, brother! hmmx1:

The nice thing is that epigenetics can actually cause many of those bad genes to lie dormant when arrested by simple and even slight lifestyle modifications. God is is so good!

:Zek:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had IBS for many, many years and didn't even know it. When I realized I had it, I started taking Slippery Elm Bark capsules. It's the inner part of the bark and it's considered to be one the most harmless of natural remedies known to man. The mucilage in the bark coats and soothes the entire digestive tract. It is not a medical treatment but folks should consult with their doctor before trying any kind of remedial therapy. I stopped taking the capsules because the powder was cheaper but then I realized I enjoyed the tea so much that I still take it today twice a week just because I can (I look forward to Monday and Thursday mornings:p ). I used to be violently reactive to raw vegetables, especially sweet peppers, onions and rhizomes of any kind. I once had a reaction to ginger that had me fearing for my life. I can eat anything but ghost peppers now.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had IBS for many, many years and didn't even know it. When I realized I had it, I started taking Slippery Elm Bark capsules. It's the inner part of the bark and it's considered to be one the most harmless of natural remedies known to man. The mucilage in the bark coats and soothes the entire digestive tract. It is not a medical treatment but folks should consult with their doctor before trying any kind of remedial therapy. I stopped taking the capsules because the powder was cheaper but then I realized I enjoyed the tea so much that I still take it today twice a week just because I can (I look forward to Monday and Thursday mornings:p ). I used to be violently reactive to raw vegetables, especially sweet peppers, onions and rhizomes of any kind. I once had a reaction to ginger that had me fearing for my life. I can eat anything but ghost peppers now.
With me it's just brand flakes. I can have noodles and I'm OK. But keep me away from bran flakes, cause it is not good at all.

I once had some of my nephews whey protein shake and it made me feel sick. Bran flakes also make me feel sick.

Reactions: BarneyFife

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hardly cook like when my family was home but I now love to watch ppl prepare "yummy" looking foods.
Suddenly I'm into this kind of cooking....if I did it I'd be very slim......lol

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hardly cook like when my family was home but I now love to watch ppl prepare "yummy" looking foods.
Suddenly I'm into this kind of cooking....if I did it I'd be very slim......lol
Chef Jean Pierre is very amusing.

I just had raw broccoli and cheezy bean dip! Oh, boy!

I like stuff that fills you up and digests quickly. :stageright:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chef Jean Pierre is very amusing.

I just had raw broccoli and cheezy bean dip! Oh, boy!

I like stuff that fills you up and digests quickly. :stageright:
:Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud:
......and causes intestinal bloating.
There is a current event topic about " global warming", (which I don't buy into the theory), about them killing off cows because of flatulence.
It will be gassy humans next :cool: