I'm not a genius, so I decided...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

E

Elaine

One day I knew I was not going to accomplish anything great here - no new heart valve invention, no new stars named after me ---BUT, there was something great and wonderful I could accomplish. I could do something that was within my reach. Something so high it would be better than any scientific discovery...I had it within my reach to slowly and daily learn more and more about my Creator ---imagine the spiritual progress I could make - to know why He created us, who are the angels, really, Who is this Father - Spirit - that we were made in the image of - what does that really mean? What is this Light that lights every man in the world?What is the afterlife really like - what really waits us? Why did Jesus come when He did - What were the deeper meanings to His Words? And on and on ---Jeremiah 9:23-4 ...but let him who boasts, boast of this - that he know and understand me. Says the Lord. (paraphrase) I've never shared this with anyone. :) It was a pivitol realization for my life - be all I can be in my knowledge of the Lord. Soar.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Elaine;73453]One day I knew I was not going to accomplish anything great here - no new heart valve invention said:
could[/I] accomplish. I could do something that was within my reach. Something so high it would be better than any scientific discovery...I had it within my reach to slowly and daily learn more and more about my Creator ---imagine the spiritual progress I could make - to know why He created us, who are the angels, really, Who is this Father - Spirit - that we were made in the image of - what does that really mean? What is this Light that lights every man in the world?What is the afterlife really like - what really waits us? Why did Jesus come when He did - What were the deeper meanings to His Words? And on and on ---Jeremiah 9:23-4 ...but let him who boasts, boast of this - that he know and understand me. Says the Lord. (paraphrase) I've never shared this with anyone. :) It was a pivitol realization for my life - be all I can be in my knowledge of the Lord. Soar.
What a lovely post Elaine !! You will not be disappointed and Ive no doubt God and the angels are rejoicing over your decision ... May he grant you wisdom in your journey ....God Bless

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Elaine, it's rather funny how this works out, but that verse came up this morning for me. When things like this happen, I don't just take them as coincidence. It's comforting to see a post like this that contains that zeal.My favorite verse, God speaking:
Hosea 6:6For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

Moses

Oct 7, 2009
Elaine: This is a great post. You have found out this world has nothing to offer. Jesus Christ has everything we need. 3 John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than my children walk in truth."God Bless you!Moses

gumby

May 29, 2009
Im going to say this much, some people i can reach and others i cant but for those that cant be reached thats were the beuty of intercersory prayer comes in and god will take care of the rest if that person is open and receptive. For us all as christians its very important that we stay in gods will and set the positive example for people to receive jesus. Matthew 12:50 should help you. God bless :)

E

Elaine

I am so sorry - I never got notified that anyone responded. I most not have done something right here, hmmm. Thank you all, way back Oct 7 replying. I wasn't ignoring you - I'm just so busy. And thought no one answered. I have had a converstion with a friend that is so busy tapping the dust off his feet, being fed up with bigotry and closed minded people. If someone is closed he's walking away and tired of it.(Casting pearls and all...) I said I do understand, of course...but in the end - while Jesus left houses and towns where He wasn't welcome ---what did He end up doing? Suffering for those that would never even love Him.So, quandary --- do we tap the dust off our feet around impossible people or do we selflessly, with no pride or involvement of our lower ego self, our lower nature ---just keep on endlessly having patience and loving people kindly pressing on? HmmmThanks,:)Elaine

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Elaine;73496]I am so sorry - I never got notified that anyone responded. I most not have done something right here said:
what did He end up doing?[/U] Suffering for those that would never even love Him.So, quandary --- do we tap the dust off our feet around impossible people or do we selflessly, with no pride or involvement of our lower ego self, our lower nature ---just keep on endlessly having patience and loving people kindly pressing on? HmmmThanks,:)Elaine
Well I can only answer for myself ... If one is truly interested in learning what God has to say ...even if they dont get what your saying or cant see your point we are lower our ego and keep trying and trying ... However if one is truly only interested in hearing mens traditions and what they been told ...instead of what God says .... then you are casting pearls We are only to plant the seed we cant make it grow only God can ... Today many do not care what God says they only care what they have heard from other men ... Which is why there is a famine on for the true word of God Amos 8:11....

gumby

May 29, 2009
Elaine;73496]I am so sorry - I never got notified that anyone responded. I most not have done something right here said:
what did He end up doing?[/U] Suffering for those that would never even love Him.So, quandary --- do we tap the dust off our feet around impossible people or do we selflessly, with no pride or involvement of our lower ego self, our lower nature ---just keep on endlessly having patience and loving people kindly pressing on? HmmmThanks,:)Elaine
Matthew 10:14 tells you what to do, if they dont want to listen then its no good wasting your time.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to issue numero uno for me both here in the online world and in the offline world as well. I've probably bounced back and forth between one extreme which is only follow Matthew 10:14, and then the other which is we're supposed to make ourselves virtual doormats:
Matthew 5:39-41But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
Both statements are made by the same Lord, and both are true.We are called to be the salt of the Earth.
Matthew 5:13Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
Salt works in two metaphorical ways. Number one, it covers the meat that it flavors to preserve it. This is a reflection of our Christian duty. We are to take the Word of God, the meat of God (so called by the Apostle Paul) and salt it giving our flavor everywhere we are able. This is the call for the Christian.However, as with any spice, you can have too much salt. You can also have too little. There is a healthy medium that gives the meat the greatest flavor.In this era of prophecy seminars, self-proclaimed Evangelists, and so on we have lost sight of the our great commission. We're more concerned with knowing the "best" and most efficient way to do things that we forget efficiency is not all about speed.
Jude 1:21-23Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
There is no one-size-fits-all way other than the one path through Christ. How you reach Christ might be through a Christian act of kindness or it might be through realizing that the world has a Creator and you're awed by the ability of that Creator. The message is for us to custom tailor out response to each person, approaching them in the best manner found through our own common sense and prayer to God. Jesus the Christ cared the most for the lost, leaving the entire flock to save just one. That is love, and that is love based on each unique individual, which is an awesome thing indeed.Since we are to mirror Christ(II Corinthians 3:18), we do the same. Yet, we do the same remembering that there were times when our Lord preached to the sinners, other times he challenged them, and still other times when he withdrew from them without a word.
Matthew 7:6Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
So there are times to be salt and there are times to save every pearl for those who deserve them and can use them. Our job is to discern those times, and we have the help of the great Comforter, the Holy Spirit. We merely plant the seed or perhaps water it. God grows it, once you've planted the seed, it's between them and God
I Corinthians 3:4-9For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal? Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.
So, fight the war for Christ helping winning souls where you can. Yet, be wise in this war, knowing when to withdraw and move to more sustainable and fertile ground.God Bless, I felt it laid upon me to jump into this a bit.