Imagination of sex...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well see thats where your wrong and have listened to many men and their traditions you cant peg us into one hole any more than every athiest is the same here we study only the bible not mens traditions the hebrew is clear and the bible says the world is perhaps millions of years old. It says there was an age before this one where dinosaurs livedand God destroyed that age and started this age its this age the story of the Bible is about. Many of us think science and the bible agree fine.

Atheist.85

Jan 23, 2008
(kriss;33089)
... Many of us think science and the bible agree fine.
Just the definition of science disagrees with any and all mythologies.1. a branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws: the mathematical sciences.2. systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation.3. any of the branches of natural or physical science.4. systematized knowledge in general.5. knowledge, as of facts or principles; knowledge gained by systematic study.6. a particular branch of knowledge.7. skill, esp. reflecting a precise application of facts or principles; proficiency.I'd ask for one example of science agreeing with any "miracle" in the bible, but that is pretty much rhetorical seeing as you can't observe, nor experiment with anything that happened in the bible.

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
You know, atheist, it's fine to present your side, but where is the kindness and love in your life? How do you feel about others? Do you have a love for anyone on this site? Do you care to read any of the prayer requests or deep hurts? Or, are you just here to state your facts and ask questions that you have a predisposed answer to? Please don't assume that all Christians think sex is a bad thing, or that you automatically can speak for all Christians on any topic. When someone answers something and you're not sure how they meant it, you could ask them. The tone with which we speak to one another matters. I wish to speak to you with dignity. I want to come across to you like I care because I do. Also, in scripture, it does say that we should show humility like Christ did, being a servant, so if someone on this site doesn't act that way, maybe they still have some growing to do. God created sex to be between a male and female that have joined into a marriage covenant. In that relationship, there is no need for guilt. To imagine sex, it depends on who you are imagining it with and what your status is;married or single. Why would anyone want anything to have a stronghold over them? If one can't stop thinking about something, it's stronger than they are. Only God can give them His supernatural strength to overcome this through the reading of His Word. I may "feel" like punching someone in the face if I'm really mad, but that doesn't mean it's the right choice. God gave me my hand. He allowed my emotions, but He expects me to control them. Thoughts lead to actions. Actions lead to habits. Habits lead to strongholds.

topcat23

Jul 22, 2007
Hi there, something simple, when those thoughts come up, and remember the thoughts are the father of the act (deed), so try not to dwell on it too long, but for me I say Jesus's name over and over again, or I try to think of Jesus on the cross and why he was there, to die for our sins. Its how much he gave for us that puts me in the right frame of mind, this coming from an older man (46) , so I have been through what you are going through and still do, we are all only human. Believe it or not God expects us to enjoy sex, he wants us to enjoy it, but only when the time is right, and thats within his guidelines (marriage, love) I hope this can help you God bless, Topcat

holdencaulfield

Feb 11, 2008
(amoy;12360)
What to do when sometimes i always like to imagine of sex...i want to get rid of this imagination but cannot...what can i do...while i'm a christian ..although i try my best to dont imagine of it but sometimes the hormones will raise it up...what can i do??it let me feel that i'm dirty....and i'm a girl not a boy..i think i have too much of male's hormones...anyonne can help me?
Try, to ignore it. Find something more interesting to do.

stlizzy

Feb 6, 2008
There is a difference between thinking and lusting. Everyone knows about sex- they think about it because it is a fact, and internalize it into a thought, but where are your thoughts going?If you are thinking about sex all of the time because it arouses you- then think about whether or not this aligns with the Bible. Ask God to show you what He thinks. If you are thinking about sex because you're not SUPPOSED to think about sex... then maybe you can try "de-vilifying" sex. Because sex is sex just like laughing is laughing. Are we supposed to laugh all of the time? Are we supposed to have sex all of the time? Are we supposed to think about jokes all of the time? Are we supposed to think about sex all of the time? God has designed specific experiences in life for specific times, reasons. (I am not saying to try and think about sex in a sexual manner, as in lusting over it, while at the same time trying to convince yourself that this is okay... that is not what I am saying.)But, I mean. We learn about sex in health class. Kids naturally ask where they come from. And my parents slept in the same bed for over 35 years... it's not like you can avoid it altogether!Seriously, just to think about sex from a non-sinful standpoint... it's just that. And then it can pass away and you can move on. But to say that you are not allowed at all to think about it.... that's up for you to decide but it's a part of life, so it can be talked about/thought about. But there is a point where it can move beyond just thinking to becoming something that distracts you from God.Hmmm.. maybe this isn't clear. So, I will speak out of personal experience because that works for me the best. I don't think about sex as much as before because it's just sex- I know that if I put my mind to it I could lust over- I used to do it all of the time. Images still pop into my head- I mean it's all around us in our culture and what not... or I see a picture on the internet, and it can suck me in... then I start really thinking about. But while I am doing this, I know that it's not what I should be doing because my mind has moved off-center from God and onto another person... so I have to move it back- and I have to do it with God's help too. I ask Him for help, which is something He really want to do!But, when I was in high school (I am in college now), half the time I thought about sex because I wasn't supposed to, and every time I did I felt horrible about myself. And this really was the devil/a demon using this idea that I was "dirtier" than other people because I thought about sex and I wasn't supposed to. It was a big cycle of guilt. Even if it was a flash of an image in my head, and I was even lusting over it... I still felt really bad... I had to give it up to God and I had to take the power that He gives us all- that is the power to be FREE of sin in Christ- and claim it as my own. And I have to ask God to continually renew my faith and help me stay close to His wants and to Him so that I can be at my best to steer clear of things that would distract me from Him.But, don't feel condemned about it or ashamed- you might feel convicted, which means that God is telling you that this isn't what He wants for you, but don't feel condemned, like it makes you worse person than anybody else (I used to feel like I was dirtier than most people- because I was a girl and it was more wrong for because I was thinking about sex than a boy- this is very flawed and human thinking... so don't fall into it.)Just tell God your worries, and give them up to Him. If you feel like you need to confess to Him, then do that too. God is not going to tell you that you are a bad person but He might let you know about something you are doing that He doesn't want you to do, because He knows how people think. Instead, He is going to listen to you because you want to please Him. This is what He wants, after all.But it's all for our own good, do you see? God loves us so much that He wants to protect us- He doesn't want us to get hurt. And He knows that His plans are best and that if we follow them, our lives will be filled with a greater, sweeter and totally better joy than if we don't. All Praise be to God.

kernelspy

Feb 24, 2008
wow.. 'stlizzy' very well said! Can't believe that this post came from a College woman.. I mean, when I was back in college all I do was engage with lustful things!God Bless!