Importance and value of Santa Claus in Christianity:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth_Teller

May 9, 2008
Peace be upon you all,

As the title suggests, my question is related to Santa Claus: What kind of significance does that character hold? Is it really any important in basical Christianity or is just a character invented for fun for the sake of children?

Answers will be much appreciated,

Best regards.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Why struggle through life demanding, and instilling, truth in your children in a corrupt world and then hold yourself to a lesser standard by lying to them?

Truth_Teller

May 9, 2008
Why struggle through life demanding, and instilling, truth in your children in a corrupt world and then hold yourself to a lesser standard by lying to them?

Sorry, I failled to understand this bit. A detailed answer will be much appreciated.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Wasn't St. Nicolas historically speaking one whose day was December 6 and was known for his generosity? That became associated with Santa Claus. I do know that things like Santa suits, xmas trees, holly, candles, yule logs and whatnot are associated with neo-pagan Wicca in which they got it from older celtic customs.

However, you'd be surprised how people rationalize the decorations including Santa. Since Wicca is a modern religion, I had someone on another forum tell me that the Wiccans did not really know how their ancestors worshiped, and the implication was that the Wiccans stole the Christian symbols! No, I don't theeeeenk so. :lol: Feliz navidad

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing wrong with imagination.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Peace be upon you all,

As the title suggests, my question is related to Santa Claus: What kind of significance does that character hold? Is it really any important in basical Christianity or is just a character invented for fun for the sake of children?

Answers will be much appreciated,

Best regards.

For a great movie explaining the origins and development of Christmas and Santa, type "Unwrapping Christmas" into Youtube.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Nothing wrong with imagination.

On The Contrary

2 Corinthians 10
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Christ did not take part in the insanity of this world. Christ-likeness is the direction that all good Christians will be moving towards.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On The Contrary

2 Corinthians 10
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Christ did not take part in the insanity of this world. Christ-likeness is the direction that all good Christians will be moving towards.

I didn't say that imagination that is devoted to opposing God is harmless. Imagination is just like every other part of us. Christ-likeness does not necessarily mean like-mindedness.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Santa Claus:

Is omnipotent. He can make all types of gifts for so many kids in a year, he flies in the sky on a sleigh, etc

Is omniscient. He knows if you have been good or bad.

Is omnipresent. He visits every house in one night.

Sound familiar? Santa Claus claims attributes which belong to Jesus alone.

Btw, Santa, rearranged, spells Satan. Interesting.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Sorry, I failled to understand this bit. A detailed answer will be much appreciated.

I cannot improve on this from Groundzero...

Santa Claus:

Is omnipotent. He can make all types of gifts for so many kids in a year, he flies in the sky on a sleigh, etc

Is omniscient. He knows if you have been good or bad.

Is omnipresent. He visits every house in one night.

Sound familiar? Santa Claus claims attributes which belong to Jesus alone.

Btw, Santa, rearranged, spells Satan. Interesting.

The "Santa story" that so many tell their kids is nothing but a lie with "God-like" character similarites. It is wrong to lie to your kids. Period. It is wrong to apply the attributes of God to anyone/anything but God. Period.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
I didn't say that imagination that is devoted to opposing God is harmless. Imagination is just like every other part of us. Christ-likeness does not necessarily mean like-mindedness.

Once again on the contrary.

1 Corinthians 2
16 For "who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

If you don't have the mind of Christ then who's mind do you have?

Matthew 12
30 He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again on the contrary.

1 Corinthians 2
16 For "who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

If you don't have the mind of Christ then who's mind do you have?

Matthew 12
30 He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.

And what is the purpose of this likemindness? To argue doctrine or the dangers of Santa Claus? No. It is to love. We were created to love.....so if you are not loving, you are not being likeminded.