In a way, are we closeminded?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
Ive been realizing more and more, in different religions and different groups of people that being a Christian somehow equals closemindedness. In a way, I guess this is correct...Why should we waste our time learning all the lies and false teachings of the world when we KNOW we have the truth.Would you consider us "close-minded," pertaining to our beliefs?- NOT the way some of us go about it, just the doctrine.

stlizzy

Feb 6, 2008
I have been wondering the same things myself. I look forward to reading other posts. God bless. To Him be all the praise and the glory. I thank Him for all my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Shan Missions

Nov 18, 2007
(Red_Letters88;35111)
Ive been realizing more and more, in different religions and different groups of people that being a Christian somehow equals closemindedness. In a way, I guess this is correct...Why should we waste our time learning all the lies and false teachings of the world when we KNOW we have the truth.Would you consider us "close-minded," pertaining to our beliefs?- NOT the way some of us go about it, just the doctrine.
I don't agree. In fact Christians are the most openminded people. They do not believe without experiencing God in their life. I believe not beacuse someone has told me about Jesus. I believe because I have experienced Him. He is a real God, a living God. I have also studied alot about other religions. But no any other religions are like Christianity.We are of course very openminded people. That's whay we are discussing about our faith here. If we are closeminded people - we have nothing to discuss.

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
I feel a freedom to look at any difference of opinion with out feeling fear, because the truth will always set us free. We will always lose freedom as soon as we see the lie. God gives us a burning desire for truth. He is truth. With that said I can open mind a little more than a not believer. Good idea for a postCrooner

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(crooner;35129)
I feel a freedom to look at any difference of opinion with out feeling fear, because the truth will always set us free. We will always lose freedom as soon as we see the lie. God gives us a burning desire for truth. He is truth. With that said I can open mind a little more than a not believer. Good idea for a postCrooner
I agree with you 100% crooner. It reminds me of scriptures of the Pharisees and Saducees trying to trap Christ.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
(Red_Letters88;35111)
One can only speak for them self, and to make such a generalization is quite closed minded in itself. A true Christian would never be closed minded. We open our hearts and our mind so that we may be led by the Holy Spirit.

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
(crooner;35139)
Why do you call yourself a wretch????????
we are all wretches, and we are all unworthy of His grace, but even being so He sees us worthy and forgives us our sins...therefore I am a forgivenWretch.

bigdummy

Feb 1, 2008
I believe we are unless someone can tell me the difference between being closeminded or being Dogmatic about the Life, Death, and Resurrection of Christ...Ray

kalixx

Nov 19, 2007
(Red_Letters88;35111)
I think one reason why Christianity is seen to be close-minded is because it does not accept any other route to God other than through Jesus Christ because that is what Jesus is reported as saying in the bible. Other religions do not limit faith in such a tight manner since they are more orientated towards what one does rather than what one believes.As I understand it, Islam, for example, recognises Abraham, Moses, Jesus and other biblical figures as prophets of the same God as their own God, Allah. Neither does Buddhism, for example, restrict belief in various gods.There is no leeway in Christianity to allow an alternative path to God other than through Jesus. This is a difficult restriction for many people. It also tends to turn some Christians introspective and to mix only with their own, but that is a behavioural feature - which the OP wanted to exclude.
smile.gif

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
(Red_Letters88;35111)
Ive been realizing more and more, in different religions and different groups of people that being a Christian somehow equals closemindedness..
Mate, I promise to seriously consider any religion that has Jesus the Son of God in it, otherwse they're not worth a spit..
smile.gif

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
(Shan Missions;35119)
In fact Christians are the most openminded people. They do not believe without experiencing God in their life. I believe not beacuse someone has told me about Jesus. I believe because I have experienced Him. He is a real God, a living God.
Right..
smile.gif
As I've said before, non-christians can't understand the concept because they think Christianity is simply choosing to live like robots by a set of rules in the Bible; they can't understand that being a Christian is a LIFE-CHANGING THING and it really WORKS!!!Jesus's words in the 4 gospels can be comfortably read inside a week,the words are like seeds sown in our minds but whether they take root or not depends on the individual, it could take a day or many years,as the seeds must be watered with Jesus's words as he said - "Whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst again" (John 4:14) As the seeds take root, they grow and send out "spiritual tendrils" through the brain, evolving us into a new super life-form, and we see things in a new way,as if we've been reborn,and it feels good! "We look at things unseen rather than the seen,for the seen are temporary,but the unseen are eternal" (2 Cor 4:18 )Then as the seeds begin to take root and grow, we feel Jesus himself growing in us, making us feel stronger and more powerful:-"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power.." (2 Timothy 1:7)I was brought up by my parents and society to be a wimp and always do what the world told me to do. I tried but i was very unhappy because the world was crazy and i wanted nothing to do with it.Then in my mid-teens i looked at the Bible and discovered that Jesus was on my side because he said the world was no good, so i followed him ever since:-"Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers" (1 Peter 1:18 )So i changed from that young wimp i used to be, into one of the toughest people i know, and it feels great! If that's what being born again means, then so be it
smile.gif

Jan 26, 2008
I have seen the light and the dark. It has been quite an experience to have lived on both sides and I'll say that being so close to death every day and never aknowledgeing the love He has, is scary to think about. Now that I know him I intend to to hang on to the word for dear life. 1 John 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Shan Missions;35119)
I don't agree. In fact Christians are the most openminded people. They do not believe without experiencing God in their life. I believe not beacuse someone has told me about Jesus. I believe because I have experienced Him. He is a real God, a living God. I have also studied alot about other religions. But no any other religions are like Christianity.We are of course very openminded people. That's whay we are discussing about our faith here. If we are closeminded people - we have nothing to discuss.
REALLY ???!!!!
rolleyes.gif
By the way I love Benny Hinn.