In Memory of CyB Moderator BiggAndyy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It has taken me a long time to write this [because it hurt so much]:( but I think that it's about time to remember someone who has played an such integral part, not only in my life but also the lives of so many others, here at CyB and on other forums.

BiggAndyy was an amazing guy. He passed away on the 25/11/2013 from complications attributed to pneumonia. Something he had wrestled with in the past but this time, he never recovered from. He was my best on-line friend along with @rockytopva and @lforrest who are still dedicated members of this forum. Also would like to include my long time friend and original CyB owner @HammerStone

BiggAndyy joined CyB on 12/10/2011 and became a forum moderator on 24/07/2012

He was funny and kind and irritating, fiercely loyal, crazy and controversial and got into trouble frequently with the original owner/admin Hammerstone despite that, he was just a wonderful human being who was full of life and mischief ;)

download.jpg

He was a loving and dedicated father and husband. His personal statement of faith was that of 1869 Baptist Confession of faith.

Here is a few things he has said about himself when he first became a member of our team.

"I was baptised in 1997 at Calvary Baptist Church and sat under some wonderful Bible teachers (R.C. Sproul, Ravi Zacharias, et. al.)
I was born to a Byzantine Catholic family and was an altar boy, sang in the choir, the whole 9 yards.

Went to college and promptly became an atheist (even have a Master's Degree in Geology to show for it in 1991).

Got out into the real world and found out all the trash I learned in college needed to be unlearned and replaced with the Truth (not just about life, politics, etc, but about God as well).

During that time I got married, a mortgage, a car payment, a couple of kids (and cats), and came to my favorite relationship; with Christ Jesus (even though many times I am a poor reflection of Him). But after over 30 years as a pagan in one form or another old habits can die hard till He comes.

I like Star Trek, Stargate SG-1 AND Atlantis, bowling, treasure hunting, surfin' da web, Bible study, Sunday Worship, the Pittsburgh Pirates, Yugioh (the TV program and the CCG), Dragonball Z and Dragonball Z Abridged (on youtube).

I dislike snow jobs, scripture monkeys, pointless gainsaying, and sleep."

BiggAndyy worked at Pittsburgh University. He had something to do with I/T and was pretty much up to play on what the students were into and the age gap didn't seem to exist when communicating with young people esp on FB. He changed Churches after coming to a disagreement with one of the leaders re; funding initiatives.

Apparently, raising money by having a Church garage type sale was above them. He was an excellent bowler and enjoyed the game of poker from time to time. He also did some voice over work for animated shorts and web episodes. He was losing weight because the weight was also causing him lots of issues. His dream was to ride across the USA on a motorbike. Something big and lofty like a harley perhaps...

There is so much more to say about this guy but time would not permit it....

I miss you my friend and I always will. I am still praying for your family daily as I have done so since the day you decided to leave our presence and go be with Jesus our Lord and Savior.

SCRIPTUREMONKEY-zpsfef975a6.png

Blessings and Peace my brother xox

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It has taken me a long time to write this [because it hurt so much]:( but I think that it's about time to remember someone who has played an such integral part, not only in my life but also the lives of so many others, here at CyB and on other forums.

BiggAndyy was an amazing guy. He passed away on the 25/11/2013 from complications attributed to pneumonia. Something he had wrestled with in the past but this time, he never recovered from. He was my best on-line friend along with @rockytopva and @lforrest who are still dedicated members of this forum. Also would like to include my long time friend @HammerStone

He was funny and kind and irritating, crazy and controversial and got into trouble frequently with the original owner/admin Hammerstone despite that, he was just a wonderful human being who was full of life and mischief ;)

He was a loving and dedicated father and husband. His personal statement of faith was that of 1869 Baptist Confession of faith.

Here is a few things he has said about himself when he first became a member of our team.

"I was baptised in 1997 at Calvary Baptist Church and sat under some wonderful Bible teachers (R.C. Sproul, Ravi Zacharias, et. al.)
I was born to a Byzantine Catholic family and was an altar boy, sang in the choir, the whole 9 yards.

Went to college and promptly became an atheist (even have a Master's Degree in Geology to show for it in 1991).

Got out into the real world and found out all the trash I learned in college needed to be unlearned and replaced with the Truth (not just about life, politics, etc, but about God as well).

During that time I got married, a mortgage, a car payment, a couple of kids (and cats), and came to my favorite relationship; with Christ Jesus (even though many times I am a poor reflection of Him). But after over 30 years as a pagan in one form or another old habits can die hard till He comes.

I like Star Trek, Stargate SG-1 AND Atlantis, bowling, treasure hunting, surfin' da web, Bible study, Sunday Worship, the Pittsburgh Pirates, Yugioh (the TV program and the CCG), Dragonball Z and Dragonball Z Abridged (on youtube).

BiggAndyy worked at Pittsburgh University. He was pretty much up to play on what the students were into and the age gap didn't seem to exist when communicating with young people esp on FB. He changed Churches after coming to a disagreement with one of the leaders re; funding initiatives.

Apparently, raising money by having a Church garage type sale was above them. He was an excellent bowler and enjoyed the game of poker from time to time. He also did some voice over work for animated shorts and web episodes. He was losing weight because the weight was also causing him lots of issues. His dream was to ride across the USA on a motorbike. Something big and lofty like a harley perhaps...

I miss you my friend and I always will. I am still praying for your family daily as I have done so since the day you decided to leave our presence and go be with Jesus our Lord and Savior.

I remember him. He was bold and brash....and confrontational at times. But he was real. I did find it strange that a man such as he would be a mod...not that that takes away from who he was.

And I was over-shocked to hear of his passing. Very sad....actually hard to fathom at the time...and even now. :(

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

BiggAndyy was an amazing guy. He passed away on the 25/11/2013 from complications attributed to pneumonia. Something he had wrestled with in the past but this time, he never recovered from. He was my best on-line friend along with @rockytopva and @lforrest who are still dedicated members of this forum. Also would like to include my long time friend and original CyB owner @HammerStone

He was funny and kind and irritating, fiercely loyal, crazy and controversial and got into trouble frequently with the original owner/admin Hammerstone despite that, he was just a wonderful human being who was full of life and mischief ;)

download.jpg

BiggAndyy worked at Pittsburgh University. He had something to do with I/T and was pretty much up to play on what the students were into and the age gap didn't seem to exist when communicating with young people esp on FB. He changed Churches after coming to a disagreement with one of the leaders re; funding initiatives.

SCRIPTUREMONKEY-zpsfef975a6.png

Sounds like a wonderful person. Thanks for sharing your remembrance of him.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Angelina ,
Wonderful way to honor our brother. I did not know Big Andy as I've only been on a little over 2 years. He sounds like a very interesting fellow. He too has 'graduated', like our Willie T.
I'm sorry for your personal loss as you and her were so close.
xo

Nov 13, 2022
Honolulu
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beautiful tribute...Thank you for sharing Angelina and sorry for your loss...

My hubby was one of the Pastor/Chaplin for the Motorcycle Communities in Hawaii and whenever a Rider goes down, he's notified...It's never easy...BiggAndyy's riding with Jesus now! :Happy::woohoo!: