In Metaphor of Ducklings

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just treated my sisters and their families to a Michigan vacation in the states northwest. Love going to Michigan's Adventure! It is a waterpark-amusement park combo with a lake in the middle.

The first thing that catches my eye as I enter the place is that there are always ducks swimming in the lake. Behind a mother duck is normally 3-9 little duckings swimming in perfect order behind her. Wherever mother duck goes, her little babes are sure to follow.

And then the next thing that catches my eye is that I always see a mother or a grandmother with about two to six little ones behind her. They will follow their lady leaders just like the ducks in the pond. Only they normally have an ice cream or something in hand.

There are much similarities between the mother duck and human mother... And much similarities between the baby ducks and the baby children. This is not only a mind thing but mainly a heart thing as the children follow their leaders with the greatest of trust, confidence, and spiritual motive. If you were to ever follow me to Michigan's Adventure and have me point this out to you I promise you it would only be too cute!

I say there! We Christian people have a responsibility to be good leaders! Like the duckling metaphor here people ought to follow us in perfect trust that we are leading them in all the best places!

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
rockytopva said:
I just treated my sisters and their families to a Michigan vacation in the states northwest. Love going to Michigan's Adventure! It is a waterpark-amusement park combo with a lake in the middle.

The first thing that catches my eye as I enter the place is that there are always ducks swimming in the lake. Behind a mother duck is normally 3-9 little duckings swimming in perfect order behind her. Wherever mother duck goes, her little babes are sure to follow.

And then the next thing that catches my eye is that I always see a mother or a grandmother with about two to six little ones behind her. They will follow their lady leaders just like the ducks in the pond. Only they normally have an ice cream or something in hand.

There are much similarities between the mother duck and human mother... And much similarities between the baby ducks and the baby children. This is not only a mind thing but mainly a heart thing as the children follow their leaders with the greatest of trust, confidence, and spiritual motive. If you were to ever follow me to Michigan's Adventure and have me point this out to you I promise you it would only be too cute!

I say there! We Christian people have a responsibility to be good leaders! Like the duckling metaphor here people ought to follow us in perfect trust that we are leading them in all the best places!
Your analogy stinks. There's a world of difference between human beings 'made in image of God' and animals. Whose image were they made in? A: Their own.

Besides, animals are created with an inborn antenna to follow it's parent(s). No choice at all. So, skip the evolution push a just stick to the facts, God's word.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
JB_ said:
Your analogy stinks.
But it fits his character so nicely, wheres momma duck,
tumblr_mizoi6P3Qf1ry71mlo1_500.gif
Momma duck
627125129_tp.jpg
Papa duck
joel-osteen.jpg
Matthew 16:25-26​
Buy a book and support the good life now​

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Dead duck...
The one who loves his life loses it, and the one who hates his life in this world preserves it for eternal life. John 12:25

JR61052-dead-duck-fl.jpg

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I love watching a momma duck with all her little peepers following behind. It turns my thoughts toward creation and all its marvels

A neighbour named Harvey incubated 5 Canada goose eggs (the mother was killed on a powerline) .... they hatched and they instinctively followed Harv as though he was their mother.

It was the neatest thing to watch them follow him all summer ..... when he sat on his lawn chair they would all try to sit on his lap.

In the fall they all migrated south for the winter ..... and with built in GPS three came back the following summer .... the third year only one came back .... Harvey was sitting in his lawn-chair in the spring .... a large flock of geese was flying overhead .... one dropped out of the formation and landed on his lap.

Simply amazing

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Matthew 6:1-4
6 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Now what was that verse rocktop tagged me with the other day here it is.

rockytopva said:
Paul mentions a people as, "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." (2 Timothy 3:5). This is all too true with the Sardiseans. They have, like the Pharisees, the bible knowledge down pat... .But there is precious little signs of the spiritual manna.
Just consider this a reply in the other thread rockytop
To view the original post, simply click on the bent arrow in the top right hand corner of the quote.

rockytopva said:
Is this about ducks or are you just blowing your horn?
Alligators also stick close to momma What does that mean?
Nothing other than their not at the water park

Or it could mean that dumb little ducks might just get eaten by an alligator.
The classic wolf in sheep's clothing?

With a touch of you will know them by their fruit.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Rex said:
Momma duck
627125129_tp.jpg
Papa duck
joel-osteen.jpg

Well... If one walks like a duck & talks like a duck, then a duck they're. :lol:

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Ducks are one of Gods creatures and are worthy of respect.

Eventhough they are quite delicious slow roasted with orange sauce. ;)

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rex said:
Momma duck
627125129_tp.jpg
Papa duck
joel-osteen.jpg

Time for this duckling to catch the Saturday night Joel Osteen service!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
rockytopva said:
Time for this duckling to catch the Saturday night Joel Osteen service!
Just because cute little ducklings follow momma around is not a indication of proper Hermeneutics or a fruit of the Spirit
Alligators raise their young the same way.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God forbid talking about cute ducklings and pointing towards God........it might make your audience feel good. Apparently, feeling happy and peaceful or good in response to the gospel is just love and bubbles. Com'mon Rocky! You know this from posting here for so long......it is our job to feel like crap and share the feeling with others - this is the good news. Ducks and bunnies and bubbles only water down the truth of our wretched state and God's right to torture us for eternity.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
humbug-200x200.jpg
ba_humbug_ornament-r372b70cde095473b9301acd345ed935e_x7s2o_8byvr_324.jpg
humbug-200x200.jpg

All this talk about ducks and love... Bah humbug!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Selene said:
Are you following Aspen around?
You should ask aspen that question

In-case you haven't noticed I have been active in this thread. And yes I think aspen just went on a pot stirring adventure.

Are you following me? Or are looking for an excuse to start trouble using the mods?
Maybe aspens little pot stirring rampage is simply a carefully laid plan, LOL

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Rex said:
You should ask aspen that question

In-case you haven't noticed I have been active in this thread. And yes I think aspen just went on a pot stirring adventure.

Are you following me? Or are looking for an excuse to start trouble using the mods?

Maybe aspens little pot stirring rampage is simply a carefully laid plan, LOL
You were the one who admitted to counting his posts, and the same thing can be said of you. You also try to stir the pot. I have noticed that you would find the opportunity to put down Roman Catholicism even in threads where Roman Catholicism isn't being discussed.

And for the record, I don't see anything wrong with what the OP wrote. That was his own perspective of how he views things. Little children also place great trust in their parents to take care of them, but later on in life, they make their own decisions. Those little ducklings will follow Mother Duck, but as they get older, they too will leave the nest and go about their own life. Perhaps, the OP sees in nature how God wants mankind to follow God with 100% trust in Him.

Reactions: aspen

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Selene said:
You were the one who admitted to counting his posts, and the same thing can be said of you. You also try to stir the pot. I have noticed that you would find the opportunity to put down Roman Catholicism even in threads where Roman Catholicism isn't being discussed.

And for the record, I don't see anything wrong with what the OP wrote. That was his own perspective of how he views things. Little children also place great trust in their parents to take care of them, but later on in life, they make their own decisions. Those little ducklings will follow Mother Duck, but as they get older, they too will leave the nest and go about their own life. Perhaps, the OP sees in nature how God wants mankind to follow God with 100% trust in Him.
Well then my dear, all he needs to do is read and obey the WORD. :)

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Selene said:

LOL well my dear it's pretty easy to see when you you hit new post and there's aspens avatar on the the first 6 post and there's a time stamp as well. So your lurking theory is all wet as well. So of course I'm going to look to see what he posted in this thread. And as for your RC comment you act as though there isn't a history between posters here and it's a well known fact who the RC are. Like your predisposition to comment on every baptism thread, but of course you never mention your following the RCC teachings do you. In your opinion by bring such a fact to light is displeasing to you, Why? Because it apparently ok to disagree with you but never mention that's what the RCC teaches.

But back to you acusation
Do you have an example now that you have derailed the topic here and insinuated trolling on my part.
So who is it looking to start trouble out of context HMMM that would be you. When
Not to mention aspen is the troll here and you didn't even look to see If I was actively posting here, your no more observant that these brilliant posters.
Talking to a disabled account and aspen, aspen I have no idea what or who he was talking to. LOL http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/18302-is-it-better-to-die-than-to-kill/#entry202869

And how can you not resist commenting about the catholic faith when people use avatars like this
photo-9485.jpg

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
If you look back at my post, Rex, I did give my opinion on the OP. And if you look under this thread, Rex, you don't see Vale of Tears posting under this thread, but you're complaining about his avatar. Why are you complaining about Vale's avatar under this thread, Rex?? Doesn't a person have a right to choose whatever avatar he/she wants?? And why complain about what threads I post on?? So what if I post on threads regarding baptism?? Why does it bother you that I post on threads regarding baptism??

Like your predisposition to comment on every baptism thread, but of course you never mention your following the RCC teachings do you. In your opinion by bring such a fact to light is displeasing to you, Why? Because it apparently ok to disagree with you but never mention that's what the RCC teaches.
Why should I mention the RCC teachings, Rex?? If the subject is on baptism, why should I bring in the RCC teachings on it?? Are you not happy that I am able to bring biblical quotes on baptism instead?? Are you not happy that I can bring historical documents instead?? Afterall, the thread is on baptism....not on Catholic doctrine. :)

JB_ said:
Well then my dear, all he needs to do is read and obey the WORD. :)
Is there anything in Rockytopva's post to think that he is not reading and obeying God's word?? Rockytopva's made an observation and posted this in his final paragraph based on his observation:

I don't see anything wrong with this conclusion. In fact, I agree with it. As Christians, we have a responsibility to be good leaders. If Christians are in a role of leadership, they should be responsible in upholding God's truth and in leading people to God's truth. I admire the OP's analogy. Despite the fact that animals were not created in His image and likeness, animals are still God's creation, and everything God created is a reflection of His beauty and goodness because God created all things good.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Selene said:
Is there anything in Rockytopva's post to think that he is not reading and obeying God's word?? Rockytopva's made an observation and posted this in his final paragraph based on his observation:
It's pretty clear you didn't read everything, I have commented on it, an If you must know there is a bit of history between rocky and myself ecompassing the last several days, so If you don't mind please just butt out, or I may for the first time report you for trolling and derailing a thread.

I would encorage you to deal with "problems" from your perspective as they accure, and I see you have not offered an example of your acusation.
Selene said:
I have noticed that you would find the opportunity to put down Roman Catholicism even in threads where Roman Catholicism isn't being discussed.
Rex said:
But back to you acusation

Do you have an example now that you have derailed the topic here and insinuated trolling on my part.
So who is it looking to start trouble out of context HMMM that would be you. When
It's no wonder or suprize you agree with little ducks following their true mother or a saraget like the pope
I mean thats what all good catholics do isn't it? follow the pope? rockytop follows the pentacostel leaders and his favorate is Joel Osteen.

Just like Arnies story and the movie "Fly Away Home" young geese and ducks will adopt a counterfiet mother.