In praise of the…..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In praise of the:

The blinding light of Jesus Christ!

shining in the darkness of fundamentalism!

destroying the thick black scales of Protestant fundamentalism!

And spiritual pride and blindness!

and spiritual anarchy!

Saul thought he was doing the will of God and acting righteously

Acts 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

Then the risen Christ appeared!
The blinding light of truth prevailed!

Fundamentalism is faith without reason!

So be it with all those who sit in the error of rigorous puritanical fundamentalism!

Including Protestants!

Pure spiritual blindness, thick black scales!

Spiritual anarchy and chaos!

God establishes “peace and order” thru obedience to hierarchical jurisdictional authority!

Peter matt 16:18
The apostles Matt 18:18
Jn 29:21-23 eph 2:20 eph 5:24 eph 5:32
Jn 15:1-5
Apostolic succession acts 1:26

Personifies saul:

A fundamentalist going by spiritual pride, self-righteous private judgement from scripture, or the humility to hear the teaching of Christ through the church of His apostles?
Obedience of faith: rom 16:26
We must be taught by Christ who is the way, the truth, and the life. Jn 14:6
Instructed: Lk 1:4 acts 8:31
Teach all nations: Matt 28:19
He who hears you (the apostles) hears me: lk 10:16
Hear the church: Matt 18:17
Church is the pillar and ground of truth: 1 Tim 3:14
Christ and his church are one, the church is an extension of Christ through the whole world and all time: acts 9:4

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fundamentalism is the darkness!

Christ is the light of the world!