in the renewal there is no distinction between…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bold and italics are no longer available on mine. I don’t know why? Did I overuse the privilege? …emojis are no longer available on mine either. I can’t even do a sideways face.

Colossians 3:5-11 Therefore, “treat the parts of your earthly body as dead” to sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed, which amounts to idolatry. [6] For it is because of these things that the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, [7] and in them you also once walked, when you were living in them. [8] But now you also, rid yourselves of all of them: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene speech from your mouth. [9] Do not lie to one another, since you stripped off the old self with its evil practices, [10] and have put on the new self, “which is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created it”

[11] “a renewal in which there is no distinction between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, and free, but Christ is all, and in all.” —a renewal in which there is no distinction between male and female…

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, “in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.”

Put on the new self…which is being renewed to the image of Him who created it…in the image of God he created them …male and female he created them. Yet “the renewal” is being renewed to where there is no distinction between male and female, no distinction between bond and free, no distinction between Hew and Greek…but all in all, Christ is all and in all.

Weird to me …I’ve never noticed “male and female” he created them. Yet also “be you transformed by the renewal of your mind”… in the “renewal” they neither marry or are given in marriage but are as angels where there is no distinction between “male” “female” “bond” “free” “Jew” “Greek” but Christ is all and in all. “put on the new self, which is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created it” a renewal “in which there is no distinction” between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, and free.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bold and italics are no longer available on mine. I don’t know why? Did I overuse the privilege? …emojis are no longer available on mine either. I can’t even do a sideways face.

Colossians 3:5-11 Therefore, “treat the parts of your earthly body as dead” to sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed, which amounts to idolatry. [6] For it is because of these things that the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, [7] and in them you also once walked, when you were living in them. [8] But now you also, rid yourselves of all of them: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene speech from your mouth. [9] Do not lie to one another, since you stripped off the old self with its evil practices, [10] and have put on the new self, “which is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created it”

[11] “a renewal in which there is no distinction between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, and free, but Christ is all, and in all.” —a renewal in which there is no distinction between male and female…

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, “in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.”

Put on the new self…which is being renewed to the image of Him who created it…in the image of God he created them …male and female he created them. Yet “the renewal” is being renewed to where there is no distinction between male and female, no distinction between bond and free, no distinction between Hew and Greek…but all in all, Christ is all and in all.

Weird to me …I’ve never noticed “male and female” he created them. Yet also “be you transformed by the renewal of your mind”… in the “renewal” they neither marry or are given in marriage but are as angels where there is no distinction between “male” “female” “bond” “free” “Jew” “Greek” but Christ is all and in all. “put on the new self, which is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created it” a renewal “in which there is no distinction” between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, and free.

But now you also, rid yourselves of all of them: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene speech from your mouth. [9] Do not lie to one another, since you stripped off the old self with its evil practices, [10] and have put on the new self, “which is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created it”

Luke 20:28-38 Saying, Master, Moses wrote unto us, If any man's brother die, having a wife, and he die without children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother. [29] There were therefore seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and died without children. [30] And the second took her to wife, and he died childless. [31] And the third took her; and in like manner the seven also: and they left no children, and died. [32] Last of all the woman died also. [33] Therefore in the resurrection whose wife of them is she? for seven had her to wife.

And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:

But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead (treat the parts of your earthly body as dead” to sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed, which amounts to idolatry) …yeah but whose wife will she be they kept wanting to know.

…neither marry, nor are given in marriage: [36] Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection. (Renewal, where there is no distinction) 37] Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. [38] For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him. (Christ is all, and in all—for all live unto him) 1 Corinthians 8:6-8 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. [7] However there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled. [8] But meat commends us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

Reactions: amadeus

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam and Ish-shaw' were created in Gods image….God who is spirit created them in /with spirit.

However, that was lost at the transgression.

Gen 2:17in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Physically,Adam went on to live some 900 + years.... But the spirit connection was lost…. dead.

But thanks to the accomplishments of Jesus, the ability to regain that spirit connection was made available on Pentecost ….Not just a temporary connection like the OT believers had, but a permanent connection …created in Christ Jesus.

Adam and Ish-shaw' were created in Gods image …but we were not. …..Not until we accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.

We were born body and soul (no spirit) in Adams image.

Gen 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

Gen 5:2
Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Gen 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam and Ish-shaw' were created in Gods image….God who is spirit created them in /with spirit.

However, that was lost at the transgression.

Gen 2:17in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Physically,Adam went on to live some 900 + years.... But the spirit connection was lost…. dead.

But thanks to the accomplishments of Jesus, the ability to regain that spirit connection was made available on Pentecost ….Not just a temporary connection like the OT believers had, but a permanent connection …created in Christ Jesus.

Adam and Ish-shaw' were created in Gods image …but we were not. …..Not until we accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.

We were born body and soul (no spirit) in Adams image.

Gen 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

Gen 5:2
Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Gen 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

Mostly I’m considering “the renewal” “the transformation” …the be you transformed by the renewal of your mind. I had never noticed how closely tied into that is “where there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, bond nor free, male nor female” as moving towards the renewal where those things (distinctions) is done away with being Christ is all and in all: where there is no distinctions. It helps to me with: “respect of persons”
James 2:9-13 But if you have respect to persons, you commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. [10] For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. [11] For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. [12] So speak you, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty. [13] For he shall have judgment without mercy, that has shown no mercy; and mercy rejoices against judgment.

And it helps with “this mystery” that Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body …with the Jew.
Ephesians 3:6 This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

And “this mystery” that “the weaker vessel” the wife are fellow heirs, members of the same body…with the husband.
1 Peter 3:7 Likewise, you husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

To me it’s significant… renew your mind after the image of Him who created them male and female; Jew and Greek, Male and female…so that there be no more division in the body…no more distinctions…but One mind, One body, One voice, one toward another; “Christ is all and in all”.

Personally I think we make too much “literal” the no more male and female …as right now the transgenders are shouting they are a “they” or “them” neither male nor female. Personally I don’t think that is what God meant about “the renewal” to where “there are no distinctions”. But a vain mindset brought down that pits one against another not as being fellow- heirs of Grace, but instead being as enemies in Judgement without Mercy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tommy Cool and Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you ‘think’ it means to renew ‘your mind?’

It must entail a proper understanding, or correct concept, which implies that somewhere along the way we went astray and lost this knowledge. We were misled or distracted or overpowered and now we have to return to the original idea by renewing our minds. It’s a refreshing or renewal that is needed.

A reboot or reset. But as you say, nothing to do with what is going on in ‘this’ world. It’s not the great reset. It has nothing to do with the transgender movement and nothing to do with humanism. It’s spiritual renewal.

What is your mind?

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you see this screen with the bold and italics and other options greyed-out, click on the double-bracket symbol [ ] and you'll get your bold and italics back.

1702099417385.png

• Love

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you ‘think’ it means to renew ‘your mind?’

It must entail a proper understanding, or correct concept, which implies that somewhere along the way we went astray and lost this knowledge. We were misled or distracted or overpowered and now we have to return to the original idea by renewing our minds. It’s a refreshing or renewal that is needed.

A reboot or reset. But as you say, nothing to do with what is going on in ‘this’ world. It’s not the great reset. It has nothing to do with the transgender movement and nothing to do with humanism. It’s spiritual renewal.

What is your mind?
What is your mind? To me it’s perspective. I say this because in reading the word and considering Christ…it is a perspective that changes the most. Yes, out of that actions but first it’s a change in perspective. (Imo) like the verse “My ways and thoughts are higher than your own”.

Reactions: Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your mind? To me it’s perspective. I say this because in reading the word and considering Christ…it is a perspective that changes the most. Yes, out of that actions but first it’s a change in perspective. (Imo) like the verse “My ways and thoughts are higher than your own”.

Yes, I like that. It’s changing (or renewing) the way we look at things. The way we consider and see things. The way we think.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mostly I’m considering “the renewal” “the transformation” …the be you transformed by the renewal of your mind. I had never noticed how closely tied into that is “where there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, bond nor free, male nor female” as moving towards the renewal where those things (distinctions) is done away with being Christ is all and in all: where there is no distinctions. It helps to me with: “respect of persons”
James 2:9-13 But if you have respect to persons, you commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. [10] For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. [11] For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. [12] So speak you, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty. [13] For he shall have judgment without mercy, that has shown no mercy; and mercy rejoices against judgment.

And it helps with “this mystery” that Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body …with the Jew.
Ephesians 3:6 This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

And “this mystery” that “the weaker vessel” the wife are fellow heirs, members of the same body…with the husband.
1 Peter 3:7 Likewise, you husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

To me it’s significant… renew your mind after the image of Him who created them male and female; Jew and Greek, Male and female…so that there be no more division in the body…no more distinctions…but One mind, One body, One voice, one toward another; “Christ is all and in all”.

Personally I think we make too much “literal” the no more male and female …as right now the transgenders are shouting they are a “they” or “them” neither male nor female. Personally I don’t think that is what God meant about “the renewal” to where “there are no distinctions”. But a vain mindset brought down that pits one against another not as being fellow- heirs of Grace, but instead being as enemies in Judgement without Mercy.
We as walk IN Him and toward Him, we must be growing. Not to grow is to stagnate and to die. As we grow, [if we are] we are becoming more like Him. All of the favorable changes mentioned in scripture are, or should be, happening in each of us. Consider also what Jesus was saying here:

Mt 5:3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mt 5:4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Mt 5:5Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Mt 5:6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Mt 5:7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Mt 5:8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Mt 5:9Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Mt 5:10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mt 5:11Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Are we receiving all of those blessings and more? How much like Him can we become?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We as walk IN Him and toward Him, we must be growing. Not to grow is to stagnate and to die. As we grow, [if we are] we are becoming more like Him. All of the favorable changes mentioned in scripture are, or should be, happening in each of us. Consider also what Jesus was saying here:

Mt 5:3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mt 5:4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Mt 5:5Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Mt 5:6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Mt 5:7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Mt 5:8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Mt 5:9Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Mt 5:10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mt 5:11Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Are we receiving all of those blessings and more? How much like Him can we become?
blessed are you, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my name sake.

I’ve been thinking about that one. Why God would call any blessed for being reviled, persecuted, all manner of evil spoken against you falsely…the only reason I can see is so that “you bear fruit” in “blessing those who revile and persecute you” that you may be “the children of God” which is another of “blessed are you” “for you shall be called the Children of God”.

You mentioned how much like Him can we become? Another thing that stands out about that verse is “they speak all manner of evil against you falsely” …with 1 Peter 3:15-17 - but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect, 16 having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame. 17 For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God's will, than for doing evil.

Makes me consider what is going on with Israel right now. And whether Israel is falsely accused for doing good…and if Israel is reviled for their good behavior and suffering for doing good rather than for doing evil. So yes, the do see your point of How much like Him can we become …in my own life and in the world right now …and what is said to be “like Him” . And do we call evil good and good evil?

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
blessed are you, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my name sake.

I’ve been thinking about that one. Why God would call any blessed for being reviled, persecuted, all manner of evil spoken against you falsely…the only reason I can see is so that “you bear fruit” in “blessing those who revile and persecute you” that you may be “the children of God” which is another of “blessed are you” “for you shall be called the Children of God”.
Most people most of the time it seems have effectively rejected God.

Jesus was sent and he walked gently among us speaking carefully but truthfully what Paul might call the milk of the Word which many could and did handle and receive gratefully.

Then as he approached more closely the end of his earthly ministry, he got into the meat of the Word, and many of his followers walked away from him.

Joh 6:66From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him
Finally we see him being persecuted and receiving unwarranted
physical abuse. Mostly he remained silent and all of his closest followers ran away fearing for their own lives:

Mr 14:50And they all forsook him, and fled.
You mentioned how much like Him can we become? Another thing that stands out about that verse is “they speak all manner of evil against you falsely” …with 1 Peter 3:15-17 - but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect, 16 having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame. 17 For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God's will, than for doing evil.
Will we remain silent while they persecute and abuse us for His name's sake? What does it mean to become like Him? Can a person do this alone? No, it requires God help... but is He not will to do just that?

Mt 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
What will He add to us? What will be our end result?
I John 3: 2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Makes me consider what is going on with Israel right now. And whether Israel is falsely accused for doing good…and if Israel is reviled for their good behavior and suffering for doing good rather than for doing evil. So yes, the do see your point of How much like Him can we become …in my own life and in the world right now …and what is said to be “like Him” . And do we call evil good and good evil?
What happens to natural Israel may provide some clues, but be careful as our own walk with God, the seeking of the first things, are really the ones I believe make the difference to us. The shadows may provide examples, but the Reality is what is Real to God and to us.
What is His Kingdom?
What is His Rightousness?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mt 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
What will He add to us?
To me… “but seek first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things will be added unto you. What He will add is…these things spoken of in 2 Peter 1:3-8 According as his divine power has given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him(you shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ) that has called us to glory and virtue: [4] Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. [5] And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; [6] And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; [7] And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. [8] For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Faith, Virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, godliness, brotherly kindness, Charity.
the Fruit of the Spirit of God. I do think that passages shows a lot of the exceedingly great promises of what is added “seek Him first”. That you be clothed, have food, and drink for your thirst.

• Love