In What Ways Have You Grown

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona

Joh 3:30He must increase, but I must decrease.
Recognizing the need for the above: Him increasing in me and me decreasing in myself. More of Him and less of me!

Can one recognize the need without moving toward the goal?
How much like Him are we now?
How much like Him can we become? God is unlimited, but do we not limit ourselves and in doing so limit God?

What does it take to approach God more closely?... that is to grow toward Him?

Is not the Way up, down?

Lu 14:10But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
Lu 14:11For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Some good replies here and I can see my own growth in some of them. I have always prayed that I may decrease so that he may increase @amadeus. And I believe I have grown in understanding of the nature of God and his Father heart. I would like to say that I have grown equally in all the fruit of the Spirit but some of the fruit has grown better than others.

I am also more tolerant of other's beliefs and their right to believe as they do. I have come a long way but am still growing.