International Atheists Declare Church/state Principles

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
International atheists declare church/state principles Posted by DTStrain at 6/30/2010 10:01 AM CDT

The Black Diamond building in Copenhagen. Host to the
Royal Danish Library and the AAI conference.

The Atheist Alliance International (AAI) is an organization founded in 1992, with about 50 member organizations from 15 nations. AAI held its conference this month in Copenhagen, Denmark. The conference was on Gods & Politics, looking at the issue of religion and government and challenges facing non-believers. It hosted a wide range of speakers, including Richard Dawkins, James Randi, Dan Barker, PZ Myers, and one of my favorites, author A.C. Grayling who wrote Meditations for the Humanist.

One result of the conference was the Copenhagen Declaration on Religion in Public Life. The declaration was as follows:...

http://www.chron.com/channel/houstonbelief/commons/humanistcontemplative.html?plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3a1965167b-f70d-4d05-8b2a-6a1c4bfa4e23Post%3ac2a1a0fa-22d4-44d9-badf-c0580855052a&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
International atheists declare church/state principles Posted by DTStrain at 6/30/2010 10:01 AM CDT

The Black Diamond building in Copenhagen. Host to the
Royal Danish Library and the AAI conference.

The Atheist Alliance International (AAI) is an organization founded in 1992, with about 50 member organizations from 15 nations. AAI held its conference this month in Copenhagen, Denmark. The conference was on Gods & Politics, looking at the issue of religion and government and challenges facing non-believers. It hosted a wide range of speakers, including Richard Dawkins, James Randi, Dan Barker, PZ Myers, and one of my favorites, author A.C. Grayling who wrote Meditations for the Humanist.

One result of the conference was the Copenhagen Declaration on Religion in Public Life. The declaration was as follows:...

http://www.chron.com..._medium=twitter

Seems like those who don't believe in God or Jesus Christ spend a lot of money on disbelief. The Bible says they are fools . One thing I do know there are no atheists in Hell. They are all believers.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Seems like those who don't believe in God or Jesus Christ spend a lot of money on disbelief. The Bible says they are fools . One thing I do know there are no atheists in Hell. They are all believers.

I have always felt that way too .

To me , there has to be a God in order for the atheist to choose not to believe in him.

For example we never find groups or organizations dedicated to not believing in Leprechauns .

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm wondering how much influence this group really has on laws that are passed. They seem to have a real problem with authority; especially with the authority of God. Their attitude is, "Don't tell me what to think and do". They don't think they need God and can decide for themselves what to do, what is right and wrong etc. It sounds like being in a boat and lost in a storm to me.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
The genuine Atheist is not a threat. As a matter of fact they are more honest than most of us. They take a stand and do not mince words.

One millimeter away from Christianity are the people of the lie. Danger is right beside you and you do not know it.

The atheist proclaims his beliefs for the whole world to see.

Talk about honesty.

Martin W.

Reactions: WhiteKnuckle

gator347

May 7, 2008
I am not concerned with the Non- believer and what they say. Where I get upset is when they try (and succeed) to stifle the believer.

The light will always be shine through in the darkness.

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The genuine Atheist is not a threat. As a matter of fact they are more honest than most of us. They take a stand and do not mince words.

One millimeter away from Christianity are the people of the lie. Danger is right beside you and you do not know it.

Talk about honesty.

Martin W.

But some atheists can be very aggressive. They may join a christian forum or group with a purpose of trying to lead people away from the word of God and/or to attempt to plant seeds of doubt. I had an experience with such an atheist who even started sending messages to my email. I finally had to block him.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Talk about honesty.

Martin W.

Honesty and innocense. Yes of course.....a nearly laughable attempt to appeal to high moral -atheist- principles.

Except that atheists, by their own admission, have no high moral principles.
They deny God and His principles. Atheist principles are their own.
They do not answer to any higher power except that of the government.

When God is forsaken, modern men worship the nation.

Worship of the modern nation-state has led in recent years to the bloodiest century in human history.

The death toll during the World War II era alone (sponsored by friendly innocent atheist governments) is between sixty and one hundred million people depending upon the sources you consult.
We are talking about property damage, murder, execution of innocents, rape, and atrocities of every sort - imaginable or unimaginable.

Is it still necessary to provide a list of horrors performed by NAZIs, Stalinist Russia, China, Japan, etc?

When men deny that their fellows are created in the image of God they assume the mentality of their own father; Satan, the original murderer, liar and thief.

More people have died in the last hundred years as a result of atheist governments and wars than all the human deaths in all of human history.

All the deaths caused by all the religious wars in history are but a shadow and a footnote in comparison to this horriffic tally.

Hardly a high moral standard by any admission or fantasy.

While Christians (as well as most religious folks) constantly strive to turn away from sin, few atheists even admit to such a notion despite the toll they exact upon the rest of us in human blood. They demand philosophical respect while giving none.

The biggest and best hypocrites are atheists.

Reactions: truthquest

Tullius

Jun 6, 2011
I completely agree with rjp34652 on this.

It is always funny too see the Atheist claim moral superiority in their belief in nothing. If Atheist really were honest they would clarify what they really believe, because stating that you only dont believe in a creator doesnt really explain anything except that you are stating pride in your personal adoration in a existential conundrum. If they really were honest they would identify as Atheist-relativists, Atheists-Socialits, Atheist-Capitalis, Atheist-Conservative or Atheist-progressive etc etc

I sometimes fear that this large Atheist organizations harbors more dialectical materialist philosophy that only the elites in these organizations understands or comprehends. From my personal experience atheists act like angry petulant teenagers in theological or even socialogical discussions.

My favorite quote about Atheists comes from Dennis Prager:
Those who believe in nothing are very, very jealous and angry at those who believe in something. - Dennis Prager

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have always felt that way too .

To me , there has to be a God in order for the atheist to choose not to believe in him.

For example we never find groups or organizations dedicated to not believing in Leprechauns .

Yep. Fundamentalists and Atheists are reactions to each other. Like Yin and Yang they cannot exist apart and like tortoises, hold overs from a bygone era.