Is Being Late A Sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If being late was “ ok “ then you would not get fired from your job for being tardy/ late. In my line of work the 3rd time is termination.

So if it’s wrong and disrespectful for your employer then by all means it’s a sin.

hope this helps !!!
With man sin is defined one why but with God sin is defined as unbelief, not having trust in the Lord. Which is a gift from him.

Copilotf4u

Jul 29, 2021
Penn Valley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If being late was “ ok “ then you would not get fired from your job for being tardy/ late. In my line of work the 3rd time is termination.

So if it’s wrong and disrespectful for your employer then by all means it’s a sin.

hope this helps !!!

People get fired for all kinds of reason that are NOT sins.
Just for instance, some employers would fire you for being a christian!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People get fired for all kinds of reason that are NOT sins.
Just for instance, some employers would fire you for being a christian!
not in the USA its discrimination. oh and believers are to serve their employers as they do unto the LORD.

next.................

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With man sin is defined one why but with God sin is defined as unbelief, not having trust in the Lord. Which is a gift from him.
There are 1000's of sins one of which is unbelief. How should employee's serve their employers(boss) ?

The Bible speaks strongly about submission to authority, and a boss is a rightful authority. When we accept employment, we are agreeing to place ourselves under the authority of an employer to work at whatever task we’ve been assigned. Following a chain of command is God’s design for civilized society, which functions best when everyone understands God’s design and their role in it. Romans 13 commands believers to submit to governing authorities. Ephesians 5:22 commands wives to submit to their husbands’ authority. And the church is to submit to Christ’s authority in everything (Ephesians 5:24). So Christians should treat their bosses the same way Christ would treat those bosses.

Colossians 3:22–24 is addressing slaves, but the principles in that passage can be equally applied to employees at any rate of remuneration. Paul says, “Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.” Christian employees should work for their bosses as if they are working for the Lord Himself.

When we keep in mind that everything we do can be an act of worship (1 Corinthians 10:31), we will relate to supervisors in the workplace in a way that represents Jesus well. We can show respect to our bosses, even if they are not respectable. We can give honor, even when our bosses are not honorable. We can obey commands, even when they seem unfair. Of course, we can also appeal decisions we believe are wrong, but we can do so while still conveying integrity and respect (1 Timothy 5:1).

Christians should treat their bosses in such a way that would not prevent them from sharing Christ with their bosses, if the opportunity arises. When we do everything with an eternal purpose in mind, we have wisdom in sticky situations and never have to fear that we have brought reproach to the name of Christ.got?

hope this helps !!!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just wondering because I don't think the Bible says anything about the matter, but I know that it isn't nice or convenient to make others wait for you.
It depends where your heart is. If it is just a weakness of yours, a bad habit and you are apologetic ... I'm really sorry about this, etc., then no, you forgive them. But if it is a habitual thing. You need to discuss it with them as bosses do with their employees. They get docked, reprimanded. Why should any one else put up with that. Dock them! If you are late this time, you pay for lunch! lol
However, there are some people who are consistently late because they want people to wait on them, as if they are more important, like those who are narcissists and worship themselves, etc. Everyone is at their disposal, catering to their every need. They steal your time and drain your energy which in turn drains your joy, angers you and spoils your day. This is not a weakness, it is empowerment, they feed off others. It pleases them that you are frustrated and annoyed, it gives them control over your life, you time, your peace, etc. Wow, did I get carried away with that one? Really, I know someone like this ... still venting! I despise her and yes, that is sin - at that level. Consequently, you make every effort to avoid these people - and so I moved 1200 miles away. :p

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible teaches that a Christian's conduct in the workplace reflects their approach in serving God. There may be an occasion where a Christian is late to work due to circumstances they can't control. If a Christian is willfully showing up to work late though, that is something that needs to be addressed for sure. If a Christian employee is getting paid to be at work during certain hrs, that is essentially a promise they are being held responsible for keeping.

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just wondering because I don't think the Bible says anything about the matter, but I know that it isn't nice or convenient to make others wait for you.

According to 1 John chapter 3, "sin is the transgression of the law." Is there anything in scripture that says being late is wrong? If there is anything, it would be if you told someone you would be at a certain place at a certain time and failed to keep your word. Then it is a lie. Of course, there are times where being late is unavoidable, but I would have to say that habitually being late would be a sin if you agreed to be somewhere at a certain time.