Is God Punishing me For Past Sins ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die:
but if ye through the Spirit do
mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear;
but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.'

(Romans 8:13-15)

Hello @DoveSpirit05,

Looking up the words in Scripture, referring to being led by the spirit of God, I saw the one above from Romans 8, which should be read with Romans 6:11-13, in order to understand the wording, '... mortify the deeds of the body ... ', which is to be understood as, 'reckon as dead'.

'Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin,
but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin:
but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead,
and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.'

(Romans 6:11-13)

* These verses show that your question to me:- 'are you led by the Spirit', requires so much more thought, than a mere 'yes' or 'no', doesn't it? I do, by the Spirit, reckon myself to be dead indeed unto sin, which has set me free mentally to live unto God, as one whom, in Christ, is one who is, 'approved unto God' (2 Timothy 2:15). Which requires that I live accordingly; in joyfulness, praise and thanksgiving for His wondrous mercy and grace, which has so engraced me. (Ephesians 1)

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

well if ur lead by the holy spirit the holy spirit "he" will testify of God 2 you! john 15:26, if ur lead by the holy spirit It will be evident in ur life,

Galatians 5:22-23 King James Version (KJV)

22 the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Acts 1:8 King James Version (KJV)

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Mark 16:17-18 King James Version (KJV)

16 He that believeth and is baptized (and receives the holy spirit) shall be saved;

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover

do you show any of these signs?

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
are u sinning?
'But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another,
and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.'
(1 John 1:7-10)

Hello @DoveSpirit05,

Not consciously, no. Yet if we say that we have no sin we deceive ourselves, make God a liar, and His Word of Truth is not in us. Believers in the Lord Jesus Christ have none the less to reckon, with the reckoning of faith, that they are dead indeed unto sin, and alive unto God; for sin has no power over them, the power of sin being death, for we have the hope of resurrection life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Though we die, yet we will live again (John 11:23).

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
well if ur lead by the holy spirit the holy spirit "he" will testify of God 2 you! john 15:26, if ur lead by the holy spirit It will be evident in ur life,

Galatians 5:22-23 King James Version (KJV)

22 the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Acts 1:8 King James Version (KJV)

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Mark 16:17-18 King James Version (KJV)

16 He that believeth and is baptized (and receives the holy spirit) shall be saved;

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover

do you show any of these signs?
'But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you,
or of man's judgment:
yea, I judge not mine own self.
For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified:
but He that judgeth me is the Lord.
Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come,
Who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness,
and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts:
and then shall every man have praise of God.'

(1 Corinthians 4:3-5)

Hello @DoveSpirit05,

I do not look within, for in me there is no good thing. I look up, to where Christ sits at God's right hand, for that is where my assurance lies: for in Him I have been forgiven for all my sin, and have been accepted in the Beloved, on the basis of His shed blood. In Him, I stand holy and without blame. All praise to the wondrous grace of God my Saviour.

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris