Is heaven modern city or medieval kingdom?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MarriedCouple

Mar 26, 2022
NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think? Is heaven modern city, like city in the future with most advanced technology or they stuck in medieval time and is kingdom with swords and without any technology? Is heaven the future or the past?

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think? Is heaven modern city, like city in the future with most advanced technology or they stuck in medieval time and is kingdom with swords and without any technology? Is heaven the future or the past?
Hello @MarriedCouple, welcome to CB!
As far as Heaven being anything at all like what "man" can bring about, I highly doubt it. Below are just a few of many verses of how the scriptures describe it.

Revelation 21:1-27 "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”​

Revelation 4:1-11 "After this I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven! And the first voice, which I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.” At once I was in the Spirit, and behold, a throne stood in heaven, with one seated on the throne. And he who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian, and around the throne was a rainbow that had the appearance of an emerald. Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and seated on the thrones were twenty-four elders, clothed in white garments, with golden crowns on their heads. From the throne came flashes of lightning, and rumblings and peals of thunder, and before the throne were burning seven torches of fire, which are the seven spirits of God, ..."​

1 Corinthians 2:9 "But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”—​

Revelation 21:4 "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”​

Heaven is in eternity also, unlike us who are in "time".
In Him always!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right. It won't be the Crusades, if that's what you're suggesting? New Jerusalem comes down out of heaven, unspoiled from God. It represents the dwelling of the saints together in fellowship with Christ on the "New Earth."

It's a good question about technological advances. I think the technology may be fixed, but allow for an endless kind of creativity in its use.

The technology will enable each person to carry out his way of serving God. But I have no clue what the technology will be.

Scientific advances seem designed to explore for God now, whereas the benefit seems only to serve the purpose of human survival under threatening circumstances. In the future, scientific advances will no longer need to explore for God, and survival will not be an issue.

MarriedCouple

Mar 26, 2022
NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What stops God to be the most advanced alien race and because of the best technology that he created to rule over all.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello ~ welcome to the forum.

Heaven is Gods Throne/Kingdom.
(Isa 66:1)

Gods Will is Earth shall become as it is in Heaven.
(Matt 6:10)

Glory to God,
Taken

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Heaven's a purely spiritual realm beyond our understanding..:)
Jesus said- "You hardly believe me when I tell you earthly things, so how would you believe me if I told you heavenly things?....
....I know where I came from and where I am going, but you have no idea where I come from or where I am going....you are of this world, I am not of this world" (John 3:12,John 10:38,8:14,8:23)

And it's not an atoms-and-molecules place, it's a spiritual realm where we become spiritual beings ourselves-
"So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable...it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.. flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 15:42-50)

Where is it? Good question..:)-
"Thomas said to him, 'Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?'
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:2-6)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean by heaven?
@DJT_47

Heaven(S)...
Lower Heavens...Above earth, visible, clouds.
Mid Heavens ......Above earth, visible, stars, planets.
High Heaven.......Above the earth, not visible, (seems as a black hole). Gods Estate, where no LIGHT escapes.

Gen 2:
[1] Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
[4] These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

Deut 10:
[14] Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the LORD’S thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is.

2 Cor 12:
[2] I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth such an one caught up to the third heaven.

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suspect heaven is the future, perhaps far advanced from what we see here on earth today. Why wouldn't it be? But it's just a guess.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Luke 17:21
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

You have the choice to be in heaven or hell right now, it doesn't start at death, it starts from the moment your eyes open. Heaven is in the rays of the sun, or the wind blowing through the trees, or a baby's smile.

I once listened to an easten guru out of curiosity. He said this: we don't really own anything in this world. Not our money or posessions, as it can be stolen or destroyed. Not our body, we could get sick or crippled and are powerless to prevent it. So the only thing we really own and can never have taken away from us, is our mind. Everyone's goal in life is to seek understanding and contentment. In order to do this, we make arrangements with people and objects that we think will elevate our mental state. However, people become entangled in these arrangements and instead of focusing on what is important, their mental state degrades because they are focusing on things outside themself which they have no control over. So in order to be happy, you have to accept that the things you have are only there for a short time and are not really yours to own.

But to be more direct to your question - the afterlife, or as one might call it, the real world without the illusion of matter, is a purely mental realm, not a physical place. So here, without such arrangements, your mental state becomes the only thing of consequence and thus what you are judged for and what you experience.