Is It A Mortal Sin To Fall In Love With A Priest?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
Yes, redletters, I see where you're coming from. It is easy to mix our doctrine in with Bible doctrine. That's why I said to read the Word, pray, and do what the Lord is telling one to do. Of course, I know the Lord will NEVER tell us to do something that doesn't line up with His precious Word. However, as we all know, some things aren't spelled out for us. I have searched and searched for answers to deep questions and sometimes the Lord told me to "wait". Sometimes he said "yes" and sometimes "no". But He has always impressed a direction upon my heart if I patiently listened for His voice through the reading of His Word or through my Christian friends/pastor.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
(Dukester;40018)
I never meant that love was lust. I meant if her love causes her to LUST over the man it becomes a problem!
Well, the problem with words is that to me "lust" means to want and desire to have sex with someone. It might mean something different to someone else. If I admire a woman's beauty and even wish to know her, I am not lusting after her since I have no desire to have sex with her. Of course, in my case, I couldn't even if I wanted it.
rolleyes.gif

lilithb

Dec 5, 2007
I agree with Jon-Marc.. priests not marrying is a man made law and I do not think falling in love with a priest is sin.Mortal sin, Well, I don’t believe that there is a difference between any kind of sin. To God, sin is sin. It all was paid for through the blood of Jesus. And only our faith in Jesus Christ and in His blood will save us from sin, whether it’s Venial or whether it’s Mortal or whether it’s immortal. Jesus’ blood will cleanse us and forgive us from all unrighteousness according to 1 John 1:9.And the only sin that we cannot be cleansed from is the unpardonable sin, which is to reject Jesus Christ. That’s the only thing that cannot be pardoned. You cannot be pardoned for rejecting the only sacrifice for our sins.

TooInvolved1

Jan 22, 2008
I don't even believe in the concept of "mortal sin." I believe that's a Catholic idea, not really a biblical one. Sin is sin. Some sins have greater consequences on Earth but not necessarily in the spiritual realm.