is it forbidden to be blessed in a holy matrimony while the bride is pregnant?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justchristiana

Dec 13, 2006
I heard a pastor said that it is forbidden to received holy matrimony blessing while a bride is pregnant. It might changes the blessings to curse for the marriage and for the baby. The child can give problem to the family in the future and the marriage won't be as good as the ones who receive the blessing in the proper way.It makes me confuse though,because I cannot find the biblical proof for the statement. All I know, when God forgives us, He will cleanse all the sin and curse. But I don't know if there is anything about it in the bible. I wonder if anyone here has ever heard or found something about it.God bless!:angel9:
smile.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The pastor that said this is wrong. There is only one unforgivable sin and it can not be committed till Anti-christ is upon the earth. So any sin committed is forgiven by God upon repentance in the name of Christ. If any man say's different he is a liar. Hope that answeres your question if not let me know and I'll try to explain it more.

justchristiana

Dec 13, 2006
(kriss;5077)
The pastor that said this is wrong. There is only one unforgivable sin and it can not be committed till Anti-christ is upon the earth. So any sin committed is forgiven by God upon repentance in the name of Christ. If any man say's different he is a liar. Hope that answeres your question if not let me know and I'll try to explain it more.
thanks for the reply kriss
smile.gif
. Talking about repentance, the pastor also mentioned that the couple will be forgiven and blessed, but they still have to receive the holy matrimonial blessing in the proper way which is delivering the baby first before the holy matrimony. Likely, he talked about how the sin of the couple will affect their future if they don't receive it properly even after they repent.I believe, forgiveness is given by grace but what he said was sounded like it is something that depends on us of how proper we do it or the forgiveness won't be completed. God bless!:angel9:
smile.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I believe, forgiveness is given by grace
You are right he is wrong reminds me of those fortune tellers at the local fairs that tell people they have got a cusre on them so they need to come back pay more money for her to lift the curse:)

LifeAviation

Jun 6, 2007
Man and wife shall become one flesh in the way that God has meant to be: faithfull, with love, dedicated to one another, just as God has a relationship with people who accept Him. This man and wife have done so, with new young life as a result. There's no place in the bible with a description what a wedding procedure should look like. It's not the procedure, but the state of mind between two people, with God as the third shackle. Let's just ask the Lord for a blessing for this young family.