Is It OK for married couples not to have children?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As a general rule, Genesis 1:

28 God blessed them. And God said to them, ‘Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth’
Psalm 127:

3 Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.
Proverbs 17:

6 Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their fathers.
1 Timothy 5:

14 So I would have younger widows marry, bear children, manage their households, and give the adversary no occasion for slander.
It is good to have children. It is the usual practice. According to Paul, marriage and children go together.

On the other hand, there are some cases of bad news. Jesus said in Luke 12:

52 From now on in one house there will be five divided, three against two and two against three.
Matthew 26:

24 he said that it would’ve been better if Judas had never been born.
Is it okay for married couples not to have children?

I think so, but that is not the usual practice.

1 Corinthians 10:

31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
See also Sex is not only for procreation.

Reactions: Randy Kluth

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My younger daughter has 5 kids now and the last one is a yr old. And they are finally stopping at 5.
Her husband thinks Christians should have more children to help the kingdom of God grow bigger!

• Haha
Reactions: TonyChanYT

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My younger daughter has 5 kids now and the last one is a yr old. And they are finally stopping at 5.
Her husband thinks Christians should have more children to help the kingdom of God grow bigger!
I told my friends that all I wanted was a girl. I got a boy, boy, boy, boy, and finally a girl. When I got the girl, I told my wife, "We are done." :)

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife had had her tubes tied when it became clear that her first marriage to an abuser was going to fail, so we couldn't have any children of our own. But it didn't stop us from trying....

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a general rule, Genesis 1:

Psalm 127:

Proverbs 17:

1 Timothy 5:

It is good to have children. It is the usual practice. According to Paul, marriage and children go together.

On the other hand, there are some cases of bad news. Jesus said in Luke 12:

Matthew 26:

Is it okay for married couples not to have children?

I think so, but that is not the usual practice.

1 Corinthians 10:

See also Sex is not only for procreation.
Why wouldn't it be okay for married people not to not have children?

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told my friends that all I wanted was a girl. I got a boy, boy, boy, boy, and finally a girl. When I got the girl, I told my wife, "We are done." :)

But every little girl needs big Brothers to back her up! So everything worked out well for you!

• Love