Is Joshua the Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

precepts

Feb 24, 2008
Is Joshua the Christ? Zec 6:11-13 Then take silver and gold, and make crowns, and set [them] upon the head of Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest; And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name [is] The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD: Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both. Is Joshua the Christ? If Eli (my God) and Yah (I Am) equals Eliyah (my God, I Am)and Elisha, sha being salvation (my God salvation), then shouldn't Yahsha interpret to be "I am salvation" which according to the King James bible is the meaning of Joshua and Jesus. Could this be an error based on interpretation? 2Ki 2:11-12 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, [there appeared] a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. And Elisha saw [it], and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces. 2Ki 13:14 Now Elisha was fallen sick of his sickness whereof he died. And Joash the king of Israel came down unto him, and wept over his face, and said, O my father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. Mat 27:46-47 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Some of them that stood there, when they heard [that], said, This [man] calleth for Elias[Elijah]. Could John the baptist be Elijah and Christ, Elisha - the two witnesses of Rev 11:Rev 11:3-12 And I will give [power] unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred [and] threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will. And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. And their dead bodies [shall lie] in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth. And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them. The Transfiguration?Zerubbabel = Contender with BaalZec 4:8-14 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you. For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel [with] those seven; they [are] the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth. Then answered I, and said unto him, What [are] these two olive trees upon the right [side] of the candlestick and upon the left [side] thereof? And I answered again, and said unto him, What [be these] two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden [oil] out of themselves? And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these [be]? And I said, No, my lord. Then said he, These [are] the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth. Jhn 3:27-30 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven. Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. He must increase, but I [must] decrease.Is Joshua the Christ?

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joshua was a type of Christ, but he was not Christ. His name means "YHVH is Salvation," not I.http://cf.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon...gs=H03091&t=kjvI think the primary confusion was that Joshua's name in the Hebrew/Aramaic is rendered Yehoshua (think English Ye-ho-shu-a, Joshua) and that Christ's was Yeshua. (Note that there are variations of the English spelling such as Yahshua with the theophoric element.)Yeshua/Yashua meaning "YHVH's Savior" roughly.Also, Zerubabbel would be more aptly rendered "Out of Confusion" (Babel).

precepts

Feb 24, 2008
Did you read the post? How do you explain this Joshua being a high priest crowned King of Israel?

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(precepts;53577)
Did you read the post? How do you explain this Joshua being a high priest crowned King of Israel?
that Joshua was the temporary king of Isreal, not the eternal.But even if your off,this thread has given me a new way of viewing these passages thank you

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And did you not read my post which says that he is a type but not the Christ? Yehoshua and Yeshua are different people, quite clearly, as their names say. Understand that Joshua is a type, not the Christ. There is only one Christ and he was born of the virgin Mary. I applaud your study, but be careful because what you say borders on the blasphemous.

precepts

Feb 24, 2008
Let's
that Joshua was the temporary king of Isreal, not the eternal.But even if your off,this thread has given me a new way of viewing these passages thank you
Explain why and how a high priest of the lineage of Aaron is crowned as the last King of Isreal.Denver's
And did you not read my post which says that he is a type but not the Christ? Yehoshua and Yeshua are different people, quite clearly, as their names say. Understand that Joshua is a type, not the Christ. There is only one Christ and he was born of the virgin Mary. I applaud your study, but be careful because what you say borders on the blasphemous.
You still haven't explained why this son of the High Priest, of the lineage of Aaron, is crowned as the last reigning King of Isreal.As for blasphemy, only God can judge, history has proved that.