Is meditation OK as a Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

waynemlj

Feb 8, 2008
Hi Aleks_Kravchuk,The dictionary defines "meditate" as "To reflect upon; ponder; contemplate." and "meditation" as "a devotional exercise of contemplation.You don't need to be afraid to meditate on God's word. That is the very process that the Holy Spirit uses to renew our minds to make them conform to the way God thinks.Psalm 1:1-3, "Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,nor stands in the way of sinners,nor sits in the seat of scoffers;but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a treeplanted by streams of waterthat yields its fruit in its season,and its leaf does not witherIn all that he does, he prospers."waynemlj

TooInvolved1

Jan 22, 2008
So I finally listened to the meditation CD (Wayne Dyer). Actually it's more about our thought lives. He talks about Taoism and how we shouldn't believe in a God outside of ourselves. Something to the effect of God is not only in us but we are God.About there is where I stopped listening. I should take it back to the store, right? I should see if there are Christian meditation CDs or religion-netural CDs.

TooInvolved1

Jan 22, 2008
Thanks!So you guys think it'd be sinful/spiritually unhealthy to listen to these CDs if I followed only some of the unobjectionable parts? The Taoism stuff, fugeddaboutit.

Mikey

Jan 22, 2008
If it isn't contradicting to what the Bible says, I can't see why not. But I would be suspicious of it all. I think in the bible it says "There are things that look good to man, but they are bad" or "lead to death" or something. sorry. I would be very skeptical of it all.