Is Satan Gay?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
No offense, just always been taught angels are spiritual beings with no bodies, they can take forms and are very powerful. I believe there are alternative understandings of those verses and those sit better with me. Thanks

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
In scripture Angels are always described as men or messengers the Idea of spirit with no bodies ect is men not scripture Never does scripture say this. When Jesus was taken to heaven was it invisible spirits that came to accompany him? Was it invisible spirits that came to warn Lot? was it invisible spirits that wrestled with Jacob Gen 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day. Is Satan described as a Man Now if you chose not to believe what Gen.6 tells us that is your choicebut please do not confuse what scripture says with what men teach scripture says Angels appear to us as men

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
I think the difference here is in what one takes "appear" to mean. We have all seen movies where people "appear" as vampires or other monsters, yet most of us still do not believe that actor is actually a vampire or monster. I never claimed one could not see an angel or that angels/spirits could not "appear", in fact "taking forms" is another way to say "appears as", as in "appear as men". However, just as the actor playing a vampire has no real vampire powers (only the appearance of), in my view the angels appearing as men have no real human traits (as in the ability to procreate) other than an outward appearance. Note the difference with Jesus (who formerly was pure Spirit) BECOMES Man, not appears as a man. I believe there is a difference in what God did in becoming Man and the abilities of spirits like Satan or angels in taking the form of various things or appearing as men.So please do not insinuate I said something which I did not say. I believe as you do that angels have in the past and do appear to us even today. Personally believe they are all around us, especially in Church and at least one assigned to each of us individually.You are free to believe and interpret as you wish, but I think it is most unkind to claim others with opposing views are automatically failing to believe God's Word just because we do not share your interpretation. I do not mind being questioned or told I am mistaken (as I would hope you would not mind). Could even handle being laughed at; but I would never tell you that you do not believe God's Word based on your view of it.Clearly you are sincere, have a strong faith and this is your understanding of God's Word. We just happen to not agree on what it means and in our minds it makes perfect sense our way, with each of us convinced it must be another way. And that is OK with me, hope it is ok with you as well. Am certainly not here to convince you otherwise.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I wasnt judging you personally there is just so much angel talk today of ladies with wings ect I just wanted to make a point as to what scripture says about them.As far as Angels mating with the daughters of Men that is scripture. It is where the giants came from. It was the reason for the flood and it will occur again.Just as in the Day of Noah they were giving and taking in marrage with fallen Angels. So even if you are not ready to believe it you should learn about it and put it on the shelf of your mind so when you see it you will reconize it for what it is.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(kriss;53454)
I wasnt judging you personally there is just so much angel talk today of ladies with wings ect I just wanted to make a point as to what scripture says about them.
True Kriss, and you can see this everywhere on the face of the earth...in mall... (angels with wings) ... I was accused of that too, even though I didn't say a scripture to my family (because I knew where they are going to do anyway)

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Companion Bible Appendix 25. THE NEPHILIM, OR "GIANTS"Of GEN. 6, &c. The progeny of the fallen angels with the daughters of Adam (see notes on Gen. 6, and Ap. 23) are called in Gen. 6, Ne-phil-im, which means fallen ones (from naphal, to fall). What these beings were can be gathered only from Scripture. They were evidently great in size, as well as great in wickedness. They were superhuman, abnormal beings; and their destruction was necessary for the preservation of the human race, and for the faithfulness of Jehovah's Word (Gen. 3:15). This was why the Flood was brought "upon the world of the ungodly" (2Pet. 2:5) as prophesied by Enoch (Jude 14). But we read of the Nephilim again in Num. 13:33 : "there we saw the Nephilim, the sons of Anak, which come of the Nephilim". How, it may be asked, could this be, if they were all destroyed in the Flood? The answer is contained in Gen. 6:4, where we read : "There were Nephilim in the earth in those days (i.e. in the days of Noah); and also AFTER THAT, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became [the] mighty men (Heb. gibbor, the heroes) which were of old, men of renown" (lit. men of the name, i.e. who got a name and were renowned for their ungodliness). So that "after that", i.e. after the Flood, there was a second irruption of these fallen angels, evidently smaller in number and more limited in area, for they were for the most part confined to Canaan, and were in fact known as "the nations of Canaan". It was for the destruction of these, that the sword of Israel was necessary, as the Flood had been before. As to the date of this second irruption, it was evidently soon after it became known that the seed was to come through Abraham; for, when he came out from Haran (Gen. 12:6) and entered Canaan, the significant fact is stated : "The Canaanite was then (i.e. already) in the land." And in Gen. 14:5 they were already known as "Raphain" and Emim", and had established themselves at Asteroth Karnaim and Shaven Kiriathaim. In ch. 15:18-21 they are enumerated and named among Canaanite Peoples : "Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims, and the Amorites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites" (Gen. 15:19-21; cp. Ex. 3:8, 17; 23:23. Deut. 7; 20:17. Josh. 12:8). These were to be cut off, and driven out, and utterly destroyed (Deut. 20:17. Josh. 3:10). But Israel failed in this (Josh. 13:13; 15:63; 16:10; 17:18. Judg. 1:19, 20, 28, 29, 30-36; 2:1-5; 3:1-7); and we known not how many got away to other countries to escape the general destruction. If this were recognized it would go far to solve many problems connected with Anthropology. As to their other names, they were called Anakim, from on Anak which came of the Nephilim (Num. 13:23), and Rephaim, from Rapha, another notable one among them. From Deut. 2:10, they were known by some as Emim, and Horim, and Zamzummim (v. 20, 21) and Avim, &c. As Rephaim they were well known, and are often mentioned : but, unfortunately, instead of this, their proper name, being preserved, it is variously translated as "dead", "deceased", or "giants". These Rephaim are to have no resurrection. This fact is stated in Isa. 26:14 (where the proper name is rendered "deceased," and v. 19, where it is rendered "the dead"). It is rendered "dead" seven times (Job 26:5. Ps. 88:10. Prov. 2:18; 9:18; 21:16. Isa. 14:8; 26:19). It is rendered "deceased" in Isa. 26:14. It is retained as a proper name "Rephaim" ten times (two being in the margin). Gen. 14:5; 15:20. Josh. 12:15 (marg.). 2Sam. 5:18, 22; 23:13.& b31 nbsp; 1Chron. 11:15; 14:9; 20:4 (marg.). Isa. 17:5. In all other places it is rendered "giants", Gen. 6:4; Num. 23:33, where it is Nephilim; and Job 16:14, where it is gibbor (Ap. 14. iv). By reading all these passages the Bible student may know all that can be known about these beings. It is certain that the second irruption took place before Gen. 14, for there the Rephaim were mixed up with the five nations or peoples, which included Sodom and Gomorrha, and were defeated by the four kings under Chedorlaomer. Their principal locality was evidently "Ashtaroth Karnaim"; while the Emim were in the plain of Kiriathaim (Gen. 14:5). Anak was a noted descendant of the Nephilim; and Rapha was another, giving their names respectively to different clans. Anak's father was Arba, the original builder of Hebron (Gen. 35:27. Josh. 15:13; 21:11); and this Palestine branch of the Anakim was not called Arbahim after him, but Anakim after Anak. They were great, mighty, and tall (Deut. 2:10, 11, 21, 22, 23; 9:2), evidently inspiring the ten spies with great fear (Num. 13:33). Og king of Bashan is described in Deut. 3:11. Their strength is seen in "the giant cities of Bashan" to-day; and we know not how far they may have been utilized by Egypt in the construction of buildings, which is still an unsolved problem. Arba was rebuilt by the Khabiri or confederates seven years before Zoan was built by the Egyptian Pharoahs of the nineteenth dynasty. See note on Num. 13:22. If these Nephilim, and their branch of Rephaim, were associated with Egypt, we have an explanation of the problem which has for ages perplexed all engineers, as to how those huge stones and monuments were brought together. Why not in Egypt as well as in "the giant cities of Bashan" which exist, as such, to this day? Moreover, we have in these mighty men, the "men of renown," the explanation of the origin of the Greek mythology. That mythology was no mere invention of the human brain, but it grew out of the traditions, and memories, and legends of the doings of that mighty race of beings; and was gradually evolved out of the "heroes" of Gen. 6:4. The fact that they were supernatural in their origin formed an easy step to their being regarded as the demi-gods of the Greeks. Thus the Babylonian "Creation Tablets", the Egyptian "Book of the dead", the Greek mythology, and heathen Cosmogonies, which by some are set on an equality with Scripture, or by others adduced in support of it, are all the corruption and perversion of primitive truths, distorted in proportion as their origin was forgotten, and their memories faded away.

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
You may not have meant it personally, but telling someone that they are not ready to believe God's Word, need to learn a particular view and are choosing not believe God's Word are all very personal attacks. I understand you are enthusiastic about these views, but even if I am wrong this is not a very effective means of correction. But enough of this. Am ok and thanks for explaining your view.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(waquinas;53460)
You may not have meant it personally, but telling someone that they are not ready to believe God's Word, need to learn a particular view and are choosing not believe God's Word are all very personal attacks. I understand you are enthusiastic about these views, but even if I am wrong this is not a very effective means of correction. But enough of this. Am ok and thanks for explaining your view.
Well you might want to reread my post then because I never said any of that all I said is if you dont believe its in Gen 6 thats your choice but please dont confuse what men say with Gods words Gen 6 (meaning the fallen Angels mating with humans)If you dont believe that your choice I understand thats all I meant seems you are reading what I never said.

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
“So even if you are not ready to believe it you should learn about it”“if you chose not to believe what Gen.6 tells us that is your choice”“if you dont believe its in Gen 6 thats your choice”Ok, I guess I did not understand what you meant by these statements. My bad - forgive me.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(waquinas;53551)
“So even if you are not ready to believe it you should learn about it”“if you chose not to believe what Gen.6 tells us that is your choice”“if you dont believe its in Gen 6 thats your choice”Ok, I guess I did not understand what you meant by these statements. My bad - forgive me.
Forgiven
smile.gif
Yes, the reason I say this is because we are told this will happen again, So isn't it better to be prepared So we are not taken in by the great delusion to come? To close our minds to what we have not heard or been taught by men, if its scriptural, is to be vunerable to the delusion. If you are not convinced that is fine, as I said put it on shelf of your mind but then if you see it happing you will be prepared and not taken in.

precepts

Feb 24, 2008
The only thing I would like to add here is that the bible never mentions the angels having sex with men but if you study Greek mythology which is about the fallen angels, it's evident. The emperors of Greece and Rome were considered offsprings of these fallen angels and were worshipped as such. Part of the pagan religious rite was sex with young boys. Study Persian, Greek, and Roman rulers religious philosophies. Not only did these angels live lives as bisexual men but as bisexual women also.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(precepts;53576)
The only thing I would like to add here is that the bible never mentions the angels having sex with men but if you study Greek mythology which is about the fallen angels, it's evident. The emperors of Greece and Rome were considered offsprings of these fallen angels and were worshipped as such. Part of the pagan religious rite was sex with young boys. Study Persian, Greek, and Roman rulers religious philosophies. Not only did these angels live lives as bisexual men but as bisexual women also.
Oh really? How do you explain this.Genesis 6:2 - That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.On top of that, how do you explain why Christ is repeating the same thing?Matthew 24:37-38 - But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,Luke 17:26-27 - And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.Edit: Note nowhere in the bible are you going to find angels as women. Saying there are women angels exist is a lie of Satan.

precepts

Feb 24, 2008
Jerujunkie's
Oh really? How do you explain this.Genesis 6:2 - That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.On top of that, how do you explain why Christ is repeating the same thing?Matthew 24:37-38 - But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,Luke 17:26-27 - And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.Edit: Note nowhere in the bible are you going to find angels as women. Saying there are women angels exist is a lie of Satan.
I don't understand question?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(precepts;53849)
Jerujunkie's(thesuperjag;53578)
I don't understand question?While I can never claim that the Word of God as mine words...but you quoted the wrong person......anyway what don't you understand?

precepts

Feb 24, 2008
Who did I quote, Jeru? Food for thought, Kriss, on Satyrs from en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satyr
In the King James Version of the Bible, Isaiah 13:21 and 34:14, the English word "satyr" is used to represent the Hebrew sh'lrlm, "hairy ones". In Hebrew folklore, sh'lrlm are a type of demon or supernatural being which inhabits waste places. There is an allusion to the practice of sacrificing to the sh'lrlm (often translated as "devils") in Leviticus 17:7. They correspond to the "shaggy demon of the mountain-pass" (azabb al-akaba) of old Arab legend.
and Nymphs at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymphs

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(precepts;52060)
My question is is Satan gay. I've never heard anyone say it but after studing scripture I've come to the conclusion that he is because he is Belial, the lawless one. I hope this post will enlighten readers to the depth and fullness of bible scriptures. Just piecing together the pieces of the puzzle of sin (Desert of Sin). Easton's Bible Dictionary worthlessness, frequently used in the Old Testament as a proper name. It is first used in Deu 13:13. In the New Testament it is found only in 2Cr 6:15, where it is used as a name of Satan, the personification of all that is evil. It is translated "wicked" in Deu 15:9; Psa 41:8 (R.V. marg.); 101:3; Prov. 6:12, etc. The expression "son" or "man of Belial" means simply a worthless, lawless person (Jdg 19:22; 20:13; 1Sa 1:16; 2:12). International Standard Bible Encyclopedia be’-li-al, bel’-yal (beliya‘al; Beliar): This name, occurring very frequently in the Old Testament, has the sense of "worthlessness" (compare 2Sa 23:6 margin); accordingly in such phrases as "sons of Belial" (Jud 20:13; 1Sa 10:27, etc.), "men of Belial" (1Sa 30:22; 1Ki 21:13, etc.), which the English Revised Version usually retains, the American Standard Revised Version more correctly renders, "base fellows" (so "daughter of Belial" 1Sa 1:16, "wicked woman"). There is here no suggestion a proper name. Afterward, however, "Belial" became a proper name for Satan, or for Antichrist (thus frequently in the Jewish Apocalyptic writings, e.g. in XII the Priestly Code (P), Book Jubilees, Asc Isa, Sib Or). In this sense Paul used the word in 2Co 6:15, "What concord hath Christ with Belial?" (Beliar). Bousset thinks that Paul’s "man of sin" in 2Th 2:3, where some authorities read "man of lawlessness," is a translation of this term. The sense at least is similar. Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words is a word frequently used in the Old Testament, with various meanings, especially in the books of Samuel, where it is found nine times. See also Deu 13:13; Jdg 19:22; 20:13; 1Ki 21:10,13; 2Ch 13:7. Its original meaning was either "worthlessness" or "hopeless ruin" (see the RV, margin). It also had the meanings of "extreme wickedness and destruction," the latter indicating the destiny of the former. In the period between the OT and the NT it came to be a proper name for Satan. There may be an indication of this in Nah 1:15, where the word translated "the wicked one" is Belial. The oldest form of the word is "Beliar," possibly from a phrase signifying "Lord of the forest," or perhaps simply a corruption of the form "Belial," due to harsh Syriac pronunciation. In the NT, in 2Cr 6:15, it is set in contrast to Christ and represents a personification of the system of impure worship connected especially with the cult of Aphrodite. *The cult of Aphrodite is also known as the queen of heaven(venus). Sons of Belial in the Story of Sodom: Sons of Belial in the Book of Judges: This is interesting because this is similar to the story of Isis and Osiris in Egypt. Food for Thought on the Two Witnesses in Revelation Who killed the two witnesses? Sons of Belial. Reminds me of the parable of the wheat and the tares. It seems to me that these "Sons of Belial" could be considered fallen angels or men that acquire powers as angels: Food for Thought Could all these early civilizations starting from before the flood, Nimrod's Tower of Babel to the last beast of Revelation, Rome be cities of the sons of Belial? Connect the dots.
Hello, I chuckled when I saw the title, and no Satan is not gay.....The spirit world does not engage in sex. Sex is for the physical world, in order for it specie to continue. Because spirits don't grow old and die, it's not needed for them to reproduce. Remember what Jesus said about those whom will attain the resurrection, that they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like the angles, meaning that in the kingdom of God marriage and being given in marriage will be a thing of the past. So no, Satan is not gay, but he is the one whom instilled perversion in the mind of human beings....he is way beyond gay, he is the personification of all that is evil in the most extreme way. He opposes everything that God stands for, that’s why he is called Satan and no longer Lucifer. Satan cares nothing for gays, bisexuals or for any human being whatsoever. His desire is to try and thort God’s plan for humanity; Satan does not want to see the glorification of any human being...of which Jesus is the first. Satan wanted to dethrone God and become the sole ruler of the universe. But God had eternally decided that us weak and frail human beings would be the ones who would rule with Him, and Satan hates that. So because he was unable to directly defeat God, he turned to us, human beings. If he can’t defeat God directly by dethroning God, he is trying to defeat God indirectly, by trying to defeat God’s plan for us. So Satan is the opposer of God and man, yes man, because human beings as a whole have been deceived by Satan to go against there own best interest.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(verzanumi24;53909)
Hello, I chuckled when I saw the title, and no Satan is not gay.....The spirit world does not engage in sex. Sex is for the physical world, in order for it specie to continue. Because spirits don't grow old and die, it's not needed for them to reproduce. Remember what Jesus said about those whom will attain the resurrection, that they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like the angles, meaning that in the kingdom of God marriage and being given in marriage will be a thing of the past. So no, Satan is not gay, but he is the one whom instilled perversion in the mind of human beings....he is way beyond gay, he is the personification of all that is evil in the most extreme way. He opposes everything that God stands for, that’s why he is called Satan and no longer Lucifer. Satan cares nothing for gays, bisexuals or for any human being whatsoever. His desire is to try and thort God’s plan for humanity; Satan does not want to see the glorification of any human being...of which Jesus is the first. Satan wanted to dethrone God and become the sole ruler of the universe. But God had eternally decided that us weak and frail human beings would be the ones who would rule with Him, and Satan hates that. So because he was unable to directly defeat God, he turned to us, human beings. If he can’t defeat God directly by dethroning God, he is trying to defeat God indirectly, by trying to defeat God’s plan for us. So Satan is the opposer of God and man, yes man, because human beings as a whole have been deceived by Satan to go against there own best interest.
Do you realize angels (sons of God) married with flesh women? (Genesis 6:2) Even though it was an abomination...Since they married wives, they do have a gender.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(thesuperjag;53910)
Do you realize angels (sons of God) married with flesh women? (Genesis 6:2) Even though it was an abomination...Since they married wives, they do have a gender.
That is incorrect...no angels ever married women. The sons of God that is mentioned in Gen.6 is talking about human beings that were filed with God's Spirit. The Bible simply made a difference between those sinful human beings that had no relationship with God and those who did....the one who did not were called sons of men and the one that did were called sons of God. Besides, as I said Jesus said that angels do not marry.The word “Giants” means tyrants or fallen ones and has nothing to do with physical stature.