Is the above proof this Jesus is G_d?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the above proof this Jesus is G_d?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 94:11
The Lord knows what people are thinking. He knows that their thoughts are like a puff of wind.

Matthew 12:25
But he, knowing their thoughts, said to them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not subsist.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord knows what people are thinking. He knows that their thoughts are like a puff of wind.

But he, knowing their thoughts, said to them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not subsist.

Is the above proof that Jesus is G_d

We read in John 5:19 “the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing.” Jesus repeated that in several different ways. “I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge… because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me” (John 5:30). “My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me” (John 7:16). “I do nothing on my own authority, but speak just as the Father taught me” (John 8:28). “For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment—what to say and what to speak” (John 12:49).

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I like to use Matthew 1:23 (RSV):

"Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
and his name shall be called Emmanuel"
(which means, God with us).

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Isaiah 9:6-7​

For to us

a child is born,
to us a son is given,

and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called

Wonderful Counsellor,
Mighty God,
Everlasting Father,
Prince of Peace.

Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the Lord Almighty
will accomplish this.

• Love

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is enough proof for me!

John 1:
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and WITHOUT HIM was Not anything made that was made

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the TRUE LIGHT, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many AS RECEIVED HIM, TO THEM GAVE HE POWER TO BECOME THE SONS OF GOD, EVEN TO THEM THAT BELIEVE ON HIS NAME:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the word WAS MADE FLESH, AND DWELT AMONG US, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

• Love

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

I thought I'd ask about this because I don't think I've ever seen G-d in print.

I've always seen it printed out as God. Is G-d an abbreviation for something?

Didn't want to interrupt the conversation but this was strange to me so I thought I'd ask about it since it's not something I've seen or noticed before

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

I thought I'd ask about this because I don't think I've ever seen G-d in print.

I've always seen it printed out as God. Is G-d an abbreviation for something?

Didn't want to interrupt the conversation but this was strange to me so I thought I'd ask about it since it's not something I've seen or noticed before
Precious friend, on another forum a superstitious one 'explained' that they are afraid of condemnation
for pronouncing "His Name" incorrectly, so they omit the middle letter to avoid that ......... ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑
Sad, eh? :(