Are possessed God's elect also?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know that when they accused Jesus of casting out demons by the power of Beelzebub that he rebuked them saying a house divided against itself cannot stand:

Matthew 12:22 Then one was brought to Him who was demon-possessed, blind and mute; and He healed him, so that the blind and mute man both spoke and saw. 23 And all the multitudes were amazed and said, “Could this be the Son of David?” 24 Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, “This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.” 25 But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand. 26 If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand? 27 And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges. 28 But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.

And we know that the demons that possessed the person in Jesus time tried to kill that possessed person:

Mark 9:20 Then they brought him to Him. And when he saw Him, immediately the spirit convulsed him, and he fell on the ground and wallowed, foaming at the mouth. 21 So He asked his father, “How long has this been happening to him?” And he said, “From childhood. 22 And often he has thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.” 23 Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.” 24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!” 25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, He rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, “Deaf and dumb spirit, I command you, come out of him and enter him no more!” 26 Then the spirit cried out, convulsed him greatly, and came out of him. And he became as one dead, so that many said, “He is dead.” 27 But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him up, and he arose.

So in effect Satan has order the person possessed and to kill them. You have to ask yourself why would Satan attempt to have them killed? Satan is evil and the enemy of God. God is good and on the other side of the war between good and evil. Michael led an army of angels to cast Satan out of heaven.

Revelation 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Thoughts?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We also know Satan fought against Paul. Was Satan trying to stop Paul from winning souls for God in the war between good and evil:

2 Corinthians 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point I often wonder about. Is why is Satan using possession to kill people if they are not enemies or potential enemies to Satan. Which would put them on God's side.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are possessed God's elect also?

According to calvin's fantasy doctrines... one can live like the devil and still be saved! crazy.gif

They can sin all they want and even blaspheme the Lord and it's no problem as calvinists believe they have been "elect" and it's not possible for them to not go to Heaven.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's review proper justification of sinners and saints. Let the parable of the Tax Collector and Pharisee be that example set forth by Jesus himself:

Luke 18:9-14

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector​

9 Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know that when they accused Jesus of casting out demons by the power of Beelzebub that he rebuked them saying a house divided against itself cannot stand:

Matthew 12:22 Then one was brought to Him who was demon-possessed, blind and mute; and He healed him, so that the blind and mute man both spoke and saw. 23 And all the multitudes were amazed and said, “Could this be the Son of David?” 24 Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, “This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.” 25 But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand. 26 If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand? 27 And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges. 28 But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.

And we know that the demons that possessed the person in Jesus time tried to kill that possessed person:

Mark 9:20 Then they brought him to Him. And when he saw Him, immediately the spirit convulsed him, and he fell on the ground and wallowed, foaming at the mouth. 21 So He asked his father, “How long has this been happening to him?” And he said, “From childhood. 22 And often he has thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.” 23 Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.” 24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!” 25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, He rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, “Deaf and dumb spirit, I command you, come out of him and enter him no more!” 26 Then the spirit cried out, convulsed him greatly, and came out of him. And he became as one dead, so that many said, “He is dead.” 27 But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him up, and he arose.

So in effect Satan has order the person possessed and to kill them. You have to ask yourself why would Satan attempt to have them killed? Satan is evil and the enemy of God. God is good and on the other side of the war between good and evil. Michael led an army of angels to cast Satan out of heaven.

Revelation 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Thoughts?
If a possessed person is one of Gods elect, then they can be possessed until they are saved in time and filled with teh Spirit.

Michael has not yet warred with Satan in heaven and kicked him out. that is a future event.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a possessed person is one of Gods elect, then they can be possessed until they are saved in time and filled with teh Spirit.

Michael has not yet warred with Satan in heaven and kicked him out. that is a future event.
You don't believe Satan is down here on earth now, having been cast out with his angels? Hmmm:

Luke 10:18 And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20 Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't believe Satan is down here on earth now, having been cast out with his angels? Hmmm:

Luke 10:18 And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20 Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”
No I believe Satan is roaming the earth, but he still has access to heaven. The Rev. war has not taken place where Satan is barred from entering heaven.

Reactions: dev553344

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because unclean spirit can't co exist with the holy spirit.
Corinthians chapter 6 to document.

Matthew chapter 12 . Jesus tells us about unclean spirit, that return to their original habitation. These people are spiritually dead. Biblically illiterate. They are open season for unclean spirit to enter.

Romans chapter 8 to document, the Election have holy spirit. A unclean spirit can't have possession.

2 Peter chapter 2. tells us about filthy dreamers. False brethren. They mess around with traditions of men and false doctrine. Its invitation for unclean spirit.

The answer is Matthew chapter 12 and 2 Peter chapter 2.

They don't want to retain God and His knowledge.

Those playing church might feel close to God.
But God is not close to them.
Get the picture.

Ephesians chapter 6 . Christian people are in spirtual warfare against satan and powers of darkness.

This isn't game. You don't go to warfare with water pistol, against someone with real loaded gun.

This is easy to understand.

Jesus name is our power to order satan and evil spirits away from us.

It's dangerous to be biblically illiterate. To be in Bondage.

The wicked circumvent their own downfall.

I won't apologize for telling the truth.