Is there a hierarchical system in the future kingdom of heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew 11:

11 “Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
Matthew 5:

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Jesus spoke to his disciples about special places of honor in Mark 10:

40 "but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared.”
1 Corinthians 6:

3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!
Matthew 19:

28 Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
This hierarchy may not form a total or linear order but probably a partial order.

Reactions: Nancy

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 11:

Matthew 5:

1 Corinthians 6:

Matthew 19:

This hierarchy may not form a total or linear order but probably a partial order.
Yes, of course. Stations are determined by God's programming. He may wish to have someone making decision for a country, some for a state, some for a county, some for a city, and some for a neighborhood. All of the parts are necessary--otherwise they all fail.

Not all of these "gifts" are political. Like a rainbow people emit all kinds of character gifts that glorify God. Some are funny, some are kind, some are social, some are focused on nature. Some are productive, some are creative, some are mechanical, some are artistic, some are into the humanities, etc. etc.

Within each of these "giftings" there is a hierarchy that maintains the integrity of these functions, so that nothing becomes so elevated that something else is diminished. Someone should not, for example, become so "funny" that instruction is interfered with. There is a time and place, and authority controls this.

Judging angels does not infer that Man is above Angels politically. It just indicates that Man has a realm of dominion which fallen angels have no right to transgress. Trespassing thus gives Man authority to *judge* the angels that do so.

For example, a local judge may have authority to judge a high political figure in the nation if he offends within the jurisdiction of that local judge. The judge is not superior, politically, to the high political figure. But he has authority over the higher political figure within his own jurisdiction. Law with God is impartial.

Reactions: TonyChanYT

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 11:

Matthew 5:

1 Corinthians 6:

Matthew 19:

My suspicion is that we will all be at the top of the ladder in heaven, except the Lord will reign above us.