Is this not what it means...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 22:15-16 (NASB)
~~~~~Did not your father eat and drink And do justice and righteousness? Then it was well with him.“He pled the cause of the afflicted and needy; Then it was well. Is not that what it means to know Me?” Declares the LORD.

“is that not what it means to know Me?”

Seeing the fruit of doing justice and righteousness is put forth as what it means to know God, and these words were spoken by God Himself....

For this world, where we live, is a fallen world where injustice and unrighteousness runs rampant, where things are constantly running towards disorder. So than something has to be added from the outside to cause this “was well with him”, and that is the justice and righteousness....

For without this justice and righteousness added into a situation that situation will manifest disorder of all kinds... It is the adding of the good, proper and right into the situation that causes the wellness which is the fruit of adding the justice and righteousness into the situation... For to any set of circumstances can justice and righteousness be added, it is this that is put forth as what it means to know God...

For it is here where this God of all good things can, will and wants to make Himself known... For when one makes a choice to do justice and righteousness they are choosing to make God known to themselves..

For this is what God says it means to know Him...Therefore than that is where God can be found, in doing the good, proper and right...The one that wants to know that they know God? Let that one do the good, proper and right thing....Than that heart will find God making Himself known to that heart.. For the heart knowing God is the desire of those hearts that would be His...

This is what it means to know Me, says the Lord God... Therefore because He puts this forth as the means to know Him the heart that would want to know Him has a clear path to knowing Him... By doing the good, proper and right thing and than watch God show up to a level and to a degree that will cause the heart to rejoice and in that rejoicing will there be no doubt... For God wants the heart to rejoice in Him.. But God can not reveal Himself as the Being of Love, which is what He is in Himself, but to the heart that is willing to walk in the good, proper and right....For God’s heart longs to be known by the heart of man...He calls again and again to the heart of man, to do the good proper and right thing because He Himself wants to be known....He searches high and low for the heart that would be willing to walk in the good, proper and right..

For as those that have been called by Him...Those that have been quickened inwardly by His Spirit..His heart is towards us, the vale in the Temple has been torn, the way into His presence has been opened, now He calls us to come to the good, proper and right...

For to whatever degree we see, and walk in that good, proper and right... He there will meet that heart where that heart is.... For the heart that is willing, is the heart He will meet and make His presence known...

For He waits in righteousness, for those willing to walk in righteousness that He might bless and fill that heart with Himself...

Be blessed in His filling of the heart with Himself..

A fellow believer, Not me

Reactions: Rita

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Seeing the fruit of doing justice and righteousness is put forth as what it means to know God, and these words were spoken by God Himself....

I would say, rather as a result of knowing God one delights injustice, in being mercifull and in serving God.

g
God's character is complex just as we made in the image of God have complex characters.
It is a mistake to assume that God is only ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, He is that but also equally he is all the other aspects of his Character.
None dominant to the exclusion of the others.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say, rather as a result of knowing God one delights injustice, in being mercifull and in serving God.

g
God's character is complex just as we made in the image of God have complex characters.
It is a mistake to assume that God is only ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, He is that but also equally he is all the other aspects of his Character.
None dominant to the exclusion of the others.

Thank you for your thoughts on how to understand it when God says.

“is not this what it means to know Me”

Be blessed as we learn Christ.

A fellow believer in Christ, Not me

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Jesus told "you must be born again, not by blood, nor by the will of man, nor by the will of the flesh, but by the Will of The Father from Heaven"

Until one is born again by the accomplishment of the Father, they are not born again at all.
Until their heart is circumcised by the Father, not by human hands, it is not accomplished at all.

In union with the son and with the Father, Ekklesia, born again ones, set apart by the Father for Himself, to Himself, walk daily.

For to whatever degree we see, and walk in that good, proper and right... He there will meet that heart where that heart is.... For the heart that is willing, is the heart He will meet and make His presence known...

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Jesus told "you must be born again, not by blood, nor by the will of man, nor by the will of the flesh, but by the Will of The Father from Heaven"

Until one is born again by the accomplishment of the Father, they are not born again at all.
Until their heart is circumcised by the Father, not by human hands, it is not accomplished at all.

In union with the son and with the Father, Ekklesia, born again ones, set apart by the Father for Himself, to Himself, walk daily.

Thank you for your response, be blessed as we grow in Him.

A fellow believer, Not me

Last edited: